Dream Journal

Discussion, in general

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Krashlia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 pm

cmsellers wrote:So a nightmare I had last night which turned into not-a-nightmare:

Spoiler: show
I was part of some think tank for the White House, and Trump presented his plan to turn over a whole bunch of islands with US military bases to Russia. These included US islands in the Bering Strait and North Pacific, Norwegian and Canadian islands in the Arctic, Estonian islands in the Gulf of Finland, and Georgian islands in the Black Sea. (Except for the Alaskan islands, none of the islands in my dream actually exist, though many of them are near island groups that do.)

His argument was that all of the islands he was turning over had fewer than a thousand people living on them, and peace with Russia was was worth inconveniencing a few hundred people. Our report indicated severe diplomatic consequences without achieving his goal, but he signed the order anyways.

At this point, Rex Tillerson said that if he went through with this order he'd be forced to resign, and Trump pulled out a list off officials, crossed something off (presumably his name), and then glared at him until he left.

After that we dispersed and I went back to the think tank. There I found a woman working on my computer who turned out to be a journalist, so I told her what had happened. She thanked me and I demanded my computer back.

I then found out that she'd gotten around my password by "upgrading" to the latest version of Windows even though my computer is a Mac. This and not Trump giving away strategic territory belonging to our allies was undoubtedly the scariest part of my dream.

I wanted desperately to start the thread on TCS before someone else did. Since I would have had to pay to reinstall OSX and she'd wiped my files anyways I decided to install Linux and for some reason it wasn't until after I'd downloaded it that I realized I had to go to the bathroom.

On my way to the bathroom I ran into Ted Cruz and two GOP Congressmen from the Freedom Caucus. Since he was my Senator I told him what had happened. They all frowned and Cruz said that if this was true Trump needed to be impeached for high treason.

And then before Ted Cruz could turn my dream nightmarish again, I woke up

{Starts Crusader Kings 2 secret society's dialogue box}
Nay, these do not appear to me as mere dreams, but recollections and memories!
(Cmsellers [-10 Suspected heretic])

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Well, I had a weird one.

It started with some kind of meet-up of friends, and a friend introduced me to another friend of theirs who was there, who happened to be Chinese. And then it was Christmas (I couldn't honestly tell you whether there had been a time-jump, or it'd been almost Christmas in the previous scene, or suddenly it'd always been Christmas in the way that dreams just laugh at continuity.)

We were opening presents, and I quite unexpectedly had a little package - more of a thick letter than a parcel - from the guy that I'd met in the previous paragraph. It was full of tickets. A ticket for some kind of event he was inviting me to join him at, and plane tickets to and from China. Where he lived.

The first problem was, I didn't really want to go to that event. Not enough to take a trip halfway round the world for it, at any rate. The whole thing was totally out of the blue, but the tickets were already bought and he obviously didn't anticipate a refusal.

The second problem was, the trip was going to be a week - since the flights were already booked, the dates were fixed - and I didn't have a week of leave left this year to take off work. Problem two and a half was that continuity had suddenly changed to bring the date to about now, and the dates of this were only a few weeks away, and not really time to arrange it all.

Problem three was that in the current state of world affairs you can't just travel across the world on a whim (it didn't occur to me to wonder why the event was even still going ahead).

But I couldn't just say no, because all the tickets has the prices printed on them, and, flights and event and all, it came to about a thousand pounds. And seemed pretty certain, especially given the short notice, that they'd all be non-refundable. It was simply absurd that he should have spent that much money on me. I'd met him once, and would have been surprised if he'd sent me so much as a Christmas card. And to spend that much money on something I'd have to go and do with him, without asking me before he arranged it, was just putting me in an impossible position.

And as these things usually go, it just kind of stopped there without any resolution.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Had a dream about being the personal assistant to a rich guy from a corrupt family. He was sort of an underachiever but they used him as a fall guy for whatever scandal they had going on. He'd do a few months in jail and take the heat and in return he got to live in the lap of luxury. I would basically house sit while he did his time. Dude was very eccentric and reminded me of Gary Busey. 10/10, would dream again.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby cmsellers » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:47 am

I dreamed that I was watching Alex Jones and some other crackpot singing their own version of "Hakuna Matata."

I don't remember who played the role of Timon, nor most of the song, but I remember one couplet:

"It means no worries... / till the frogs have turned gay!"

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 am

On Sunday night I dreamt that I woke up late for work (it was ten minutes before work started) and it had snowed the night before. When I looked out the window, I saw a huge, almost vertical snow-covered hill (that I somehow knew was mostly dirt, not snow) right outside my front door, that had never been there before, but it didn't seem strange. I thought, "oh, this should be fun," and proceeded to rapidly scale the hill, then saw my car in the distance when I got to the top.

I think I woke up right after that. That's the most I remember from any dream I've had in years.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Malfeasinator » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:05 am

About a month ago I had a dream where I got married.

It was to a lady I've been trying to forget.

In real life, in the waking world, she was pretty great. I don't know if I profiled her too soon when I met her, or what, but something about her reminded me of several old friends rolled into one, and I wanted to befriend her some kind of bad.

I never really got that chance, since we worked together but not a lot. That, and I have crippling self-doubt and anxiety.

She's a contact on social media but that's it. We don't really talk. I've tried to reach out a couple times with the flimsiest of pretenses, to just talk, or something, but I'd go unread for like a month, and then never get a response.

I thought she was basically out of my system, that time had done its magic, and then that stupid dream had to happen.

She was stunning. I felt happy. Then I woke up and felt crushed and slightly betrayed by my own brain.

I'll probably delete the real person from my contacts soon. I don't know when's a good time.

I told a friend about the dream. I didn't tell him who it was that I married, because he knew her as well. He had some faith in me and asked for an invite, should the day come. It won't, but it was nice of him to ask.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Previous