Dream Journal

Discussion, in general

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Malfeasinator » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 am

I had a few dreams last night. One of them was that I had grown into some powers and became something like a Daedric Prince. Some people were criticizing me and I wanted to make them remember who I was now, and I overreacted, felt like they needed a demonstration of my powers, and started setting them all on fire. They were running around screaming and I kept grabbing them with teleknesis and putting them back into this big room. One lady tried to escape and I was like "Oh no you don't" and threw her in with the others.

Then I stopped it and revealed that it was all an illusion, like the Gom Jabbar scene from Dune, except I could do that to an entire person, multiple people even, at will.

I realized that I had gone overboard, and they were hateful and afraid of me, but I was too proud to apologize.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby LaoWai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 pm

I have a recurring dream in which I'm somehow able to run in giant leaps and bounds until I'm almost flying. I wake up from one of those dreams, have coffee, shower, etc. and then head to work. When I'm almost at the bus stop, first one foot and then another won't touch the ground, and I feel very severely panicked. What if people notice? What will they think? More importantly, I can't move forward because my feet aren't touching the ground, so there's nothing to push against.

The sense of exhilarating freedom from the running dream is completely shattered, and I keep telling myself, "This is why you don't make that sort of birthday wish in dreams." Then I remember that they're killing people for this now, and I start really panicking, even though no one seems to have noticed yet.

The Wal-mart across the street starts playing Tool's "Undertow" outside, and I feel a huge sense of relief, because it's been ages since Wal-mart played anything by Tool. Then I remember that they only play "Undertow" when they're coming to kill you. I start trying to take my feet off, but I can't remember how. I feel like such an idiot, because who forgets how to do something so simple?

Then I woke up. At least I hope I did.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby cmsellers » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:37 pm

So a nightmare I had last night which turned into not-a-nightmare:

I was part of some think tank for the White House, and Trump presented his plan to turn over a whole bunch of islands with US military bases to Russia. These included US islands in the Bering Strait and North Pacific, Norwegian and Canadian islands in the Arctic, Estonian islands in the Gulf of Finland, and Georgian islands in the Black Sea. (Except for the Alaskan islands, none of the islands in my dream actually exist, though many of them are near island groups that do.)

His argument was that all of the islands he was turning over had fewer than a thousand people living on them, and peace with Russia was was worth inconveniencing a few hundred people. Our report indicated severe diplomatic consequences without achieving his goal, but he signed the order anyways.

At this point, Rex Tillerson said that if he went through with this order he'd be forced to resign, and Trump pulled out a list off officials, crossed something off (presumably his name), and then glared at him until he left.

After that we dispersed and I went back to the think tank. There I found a woman working on my computer who turned out to be a journalist, so I told her what had happened. She thanked me and I demanded my computer back.

I then found out that she'd gotten around my password by "upgrading" to the latest version of Windows even though my computer is a Mac. This and not Trump giving away strategic territory belonging to our allies was undoubtedly the scariest part of my dream.

I wanted desperately to start the thread on TCS before someone else did. Since I would have had to pay to reinstall OSX and she'd wiped my files anyways I decided to install Linux and for some reason it wasn't until after I'd downloaded it that I realized I had to go to the bathroom.

On my way to the bathroom I ran into Ted Cruz and two GOP Congressmen from the Freedom Caucus. Since he was my Senator I told him what had happened. They all frowned and Cruz said that if this was true Trump needed to be impeached for high treason.

And then before Ted Cruz could turn my dream nightmarish again, I woke up.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm

I dreamed, semi-lucidly, that the queen had died. A program I was watching (which seemed real at the time but I'm sure doesn't exist) was interrupted by breaking news. In dreamland, I was sure that this abrupt break from the broadcast schedule would only happen in extreme circumstances. "Oh shit" I said "the queen must have died." Of course, she had.
The coverage was presented by a sombre BBC broadcast team dressed all in black, fronted by David Dimbleby with a series of pundits like they have on election nights. In a touch of what I now recognise as frightening realism, there was a short feature report on it which was disgustingly sentimental, repeated ad nauseam between segments of discussion. They also did a list of tweets honouring her ex-majesty, including one from President Trump which my dream self considered incredibly sanctimonious, though I can't remember it now.
When roving reporters started interviewing people on the streets for their reactions, I realised that I recognised some of the streets one of them was on as the town where my parents live. I immediately hoped that my mum wouldn't be one of the people interviewed, and - just as immediately - there she was. I tried to call her to dissuade her from televising her grief to the nation, and she threw her phone out of the frame as it rang. I can't remember the content of her interview now, but I do know it was so unbearable that I woke up, unable to face it.

This feels like some sort of horrible prophetic vision, except I won't get Alt+F4 my way out of it when it happens in real life.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby cmsellers » Mon May 07, 2018 12:20 am

I had a dream that I was playing an EU4 multiplayer game with Max and Australia. Were other TCS members there? Possibly, but I only remember them. Australia was making inappropriate jokes and puns while playing Genoa. Max was somehow playing the game while driving, and criticizing my strategy for not being aggressive enough.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Australia » Mon May 07, 2018 2:01 pm

That does sound like me, apart from the gaming bit. How sticky were you when you woke up?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon May 07, 2018 3:55 pm

cmsellers wrote:I had a dream that I was playing an EU4 multiplayer game with Max and Australia. Were other TCS members there? Possibly, but I only remember them. Australia was making inappropriate jokes and puns while playing Genoa. Max was somehow playing the game while driving, and criticizing my strategy for not being aggressive enough.

Nobody ever dreams of Jim...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby cmsellers » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 am

I dreamed that the Catholic Church had another child sex abuse scandal that was basically Pizzagate: several high-ranking members had been caught using their diplomatic immunity smuggling women and children across international borders to sell as domestic servants and sex slaves.

In an attempt to rectify this, Pope Francis enacted a sweeping set of reforms. Among them, he created branch libraries of the Vatican Library in every diocese, and opened up the Vatican Secret Archives which he dispersed among these branch libraries. Anyone could access them and even check stuff out, if you proved you had a certain amount of assets and signed them over as collateral against any damage.

I decided to go to the branch library in Austin, because I heard they had a bunch of early music recordings and wanted to see if there were any early blues recordings I could upload to the Internet Archive and post on Reddit for imaginary internet points.

I found one set of early blues recordings as a supplement to a book on the post war black history published in 1901. I put it on a phonograph (not a record player, a legit phonograph), which I somehow hooked up to my computer, and while I was playing that, I looked for more.

I didn't find any more blues records before I woke up, but I did find another book in the same section on the history of the Indians of Colorado, in which the author tried to demonstrate that the Indians of Colorado were as much immigrants from other parts of the country as most white miners, and that this proved that white Coloradans should treat Colorado's Indians as honorary whites. Which is a weird, counter-intuitive, and oddly wholesome version of a claim I see from online white supremacists a lot. (That American Indians are immigrants too, and should be deported to Asia.)

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 am

I dreamed I was going to college with Tess, and she invited me on a trip to Europe. This trip would have been with her aunt and cousin on an inflatable sailboat. I told her aunt that this was insane. Tess's aunt reassured me that it was very unlikely to pop, and the great thing is that if it capsized, as it often did, it wouldn't sink.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

cmsellers wrote:I dreamed I was going to college with Tess, and she invited me on a trip to Europe. This trip would have been with her aunt and cousin on an inflatable sailboat. I told her aunt that this was insane. Tess's aunt reassured me that it was very unlikely to pop, and the great thing is that if it capsized, as it often did, it wouldn't sink.

The other night I dreamed that my mom (who can't sit upright for more than a couple hours at a time due to back pain) wanted to take me on a vacation to Beirut. And my first thought was "Well, I have to be at work," my next thought was "If you're going to kill yourself on a transatlantic flight, why on earth do you want go to Beirut of all places," and then I realized I had forgotten what country Beirut is in and it kept bugging me until I woke up and checked Wikipedia.

My dependency on the internet for answering random trivia questions on demand has started to infiltrate my dreams.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 pm

About an hour ago, I had an annoyingly mundane dream about waking up, making coffee and pouring a bowl of cereal, and listening to music on my computer. So naturally, when I actually woke up, I did exactly that (and then came on here).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

I had a long and mostly continuous, very realistic dream. I don't remember most of it well, except the bit about the turtle.

I was walking to and from somewhere - I feel like it may have been a school I was attending, although the walk had more in common with my current walk to work. I passed a large puddle in which there was a turtle about six inches across.

I vaguely recall the dream spanned a few days, skipping time with scene changes so it was mostly focused on walking there and back. The puddle got progressively bigger into a sizeable pond: not in any mysterious fashion or in the way things in dreams have suddenly always been different; I vaguely recall an impression of it having rained in the time between scenes.

I think I started out by talking to the turtle, then progressed to picking him (I thought of it as male though I don't recall how I knew or if I just decided to call him male) up and taking him to school with me, then taking him back to his pool on my way home. I called him Donny - not consciously having anything to do with the best member of a certain quartet.

The part I recall most vividly is the last time I passed by his pool to see him - he came swimming over to me as fast as he possibly could, clearly demanding to be picked up, and it was very sweet and I was very happy.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 am

I had a dream where a feral dog attacked me at the park and I was on the ground screaming and nobody came for me, and then my dog ran like a horse and tore out its throat. And as I laid there bloody the owner of the dog started lecturing me saying that my dog is a monster and he'd sue and why didn't I have it on a leash since he killed his dog.

First dream I had in a while though so yay.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby JamishT » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:07 am

I had a dream that on the morning of my brother's wedding (a brother that's already married, but hey, dream world) I decided to fly to Hawaii. I rode around on a bike looking for a beach, but got distracted by a buffet. Then I woke up.

Logically, it's probably a result of taking a friend to the airport and stopping by Waffle House and eating way too much right before going to bed, but I'm going to take it as the Universe telling me to go to Hawaii.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby JamishT » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:34 am

An old friend wanted to meet up, but suggested Wednesday. Dream me reflexively responded, "on Wednesdays, I watch Survivor.", so I guess I'm a little obsessed or something.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

PreviousNext