Dream Journal

Discussion, in general

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Malfeasinator » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 am

I had a lot of dreams this morning. I kept rolling over and going back to sleep, and having another one for a while. This happened about six times. I was sure I was going to remember them all.

I only remember the last one kind of briefly. It was sort of like a Sense8 thing, with psychics hanging out but only in each others' minds, I was part of a group and brought in some folks from another group, and we were showing off mental illusions. It seemed like a house party, where some people were there in person and the rest were kind of tuning in. The tricks were silly games to show what people could make others see, like one guy was poking fingers into himself while people laughed and carried on, and I was showing off some energy skills and this one guy goes "Yoooo that's some DREAM work!" and I realized that yeah, this was all a dream, so I decided to show off a little fireball that I gathered between both hands and I aimed it at a guy's crotch, where it exploded but wasn't really real so it didn't do any damage, and everybody laughed. Then I charged up and fired off a little lightning ball, in a similar direction, but again, it wasn't meant to seem real or do damage, just be an illusion for the little crowd.

I was actually having fun with these "friends" but then I woke up.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 am

Last night I dreamed that I was living in a magical world and I had to give someone from the city a key to my house so she could read the magic meter and make sure I didn't have any magic contraband. She turned on all my taps and all my lights, unlocked every door, and left, though fortunately nobody had broken in. I learned that this is something she always did because she had a weird form of OCD. This meant that because of the equivalent of the ADA she couldn't be fired, and when people complained she had a tendency to "find" magic contraband in their houses.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Grimstone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 am

I'm not sure if this counts as a dream(it's more like a mini-nightmare) but for the last month or two I've been occasionally waking up to the sound of a large (non-existent)insect flying onto my head/pillow.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Australia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 am

Are you sure they're non-existent?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Humans are recovering from a sudden, widespread attack by a society of humanoid monsters. I have banded together with some other survivors, and we’ve gathered supplies and hunkered down in and around a building at the local university. During the immediate aftermath, there had been some minor scuffles with other survivors over resources, but things are starting to settle down now.

One night, a heavily-armed man dressed in a black military uniform arrives outside our camp and demands we give all of our resources to him. I see others dressed like him off in the distance checking out the other buildings, but they should be too far to notice what’s going on here.

I am hidden out of sight, and I have a gun. I figure I can get the jump on him and take him down before he can respond, but I am a decent distance away, and it’s dark. I take a couple of shots at him, but he just stands there, unharmed. I duck inside the building and go around to the other side so I can get a better shot. Meanwhile, he orders my group to give up whoever shot at him, or they will suffer the same fate I will.

Once I get to a better vantage point, I wait until he walks by and open fire. This time, I definitely hit him, but the bullets don’t seem to harm him. Again, he just stands there, unharmed.

Then, he calls in the airstrike.

Upon hearing this, I take off running as fast as I can away from the building, leaving my group behind. I head towards another nearby building at the university. As I approach, I can see there’s another small group of survivors here, too. Right as I pass through the doors the explosion goes off behind me. I see a little redheaded girl about two years old in front of me standing by herself. I dive on top of her and shield her with my body just as the shockwave levels the building.

Everything goes black.

I step off the boarding ramp from the plane, fifteen years later. A redheaded teenager steps off after me. After all this time, a quick glance might make you think that society has returned to normal, but the downtrodden look on people’s faces and the armed guards at the airport in that same black body armor reveal the depressing truth – humanity has been conquered.

Rage boils under the surface, but I am afraid to resist for fear of getting people killed again. I have tried to make up for the mistakes of the past by keeping my adopted daughter safe, and I am not about to do anything to jeopardize that.

But I get the feeling something’s about to force me off the sidelines and make me take a stand.

And then my alarm goes off.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby JamishT » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I was undergoing a physical exam, but my doctor was Rhett from Good Mythical Morning (which I watched before going to sleep, so that makes sense).

Anyway, at some point he told me it was time to check my butt or prostate or whatever. It turned out that my butt would not allow anything to enter. Not a finger, not a medical device that comes in different sizes (I'm pretty sure my brain made that one up), nothing. No position on the table would allow a good ol' butt exam.

Sooo yeah, way more vivid than I'd like.

Also, what are the odds I typed all that up at the same time Creepy typed his up? huh.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I had a dream a bunch of people stood in a line to hit me with objects. They were mostly Asians. Also Snape was my teacher.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Last night I dreamt that I was going to a church event that was in support of gay rights. It had caused a major divide in the church.

I was hesitant to go because I knew my parents were going to be there in protest of the event. My parents are nice people, but they have some pretty backward views when it comes to gay rights. I used to be pretty behind the times as well, and I haven't really spoken to my parents since I've changed my views.

I was nervous about "coming out" in support of LGBT rights to them, and it ended with a huge fight.

This dream definitely hit close to home for me. There are a lot of things like this that have changed about me that I don't feel comfortable talking to my parents about.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I guess I've been hearing too much about the Weinstein scandal, because I had a dream where Courteney Cox accused David Arquette of sexual harassment (not of her, but others). Why David Arquette? As far as I (and Google) knows, he has never been accused with anything like that. Maybe because his sister, Rosanna is one of Weinstein's accusers?

Of course an even worse dream as a result of hearing about Weinstein would be one where I'm an actress who's molested by him. But I'd never dream that, because in my dreams, no matter how weird they are otherwise, I'm always myself.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 am

I dreamt that Season 5 of BoJack Horseman came out, and it consisted entirely of 13 episodes of BoJack stuck in a room, only able to interact with one other character per episode. I found this really boring, and complained to a friend, who told me that the problem was that I hadn't watched it with a VR headset. If watched through a VR headset, he said, you would experience the whole thing from BoJack's perspective, including his thoughts and feelings. Unfortunately, on putting the headset on and watching the first episode, the feeling was overpowering and I came to believe I was BoJack, but that I was trapped in a dream (that is, I was BoJack Horseman, trapped in a dream BoJack Horseman was having). So I tried to wake up, and did (that is, I myself woke up, and was not in fact BoJack Horseman, and hopefully am not currently still dreaming).

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

I had a dream where one of the regular posters on /r/LifeIsStrange revealed herself to be an Afghan hound.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:52 pm

I dreamed that I organized a charity event to save the squash. As in collect squash seeds and money to build a squash-specific seed bank. To get people interested I gave a lecture on how important squash was for some reason, and made sure to point out that pumpkins and zucchinis are also squash, since people like pumpkins more than other kinds of squash.

Why squash? Summer squash is my least favorite of the vegetables that I eat, and I don't eat winter squash except in pie. And the idea of building a seed bank seemed to be a new idea, and I had a vague feeling I was in the 1950s for some reason.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 am

The other day I dreamed I had a bunch of birds in cages. Sellers told me I should not keep the finch cage near any other birds, and got mad when I didn't immediately believe him. Then he started driving behind me when I was driving and beeping constantly.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby JamishT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 am

Oh I just remembered that last night I dreamed a long dream that I don't remember, except that part where I pooped my pants and didn't have anything to clean it.

Also, I didn't actually poop my pants, just in the dream, thankfully.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 am

I dreamed last night that I ordered some frog eggs to try to raise frogs in a terrarium that was clearly too small. But the eggs also contained eggs for scorpions and lobsters and other arthropods. And some of the frogs grew big and ugly and started eating the small, cute frogs. And I tried to get rid of the lobster since I won't eat lobster, but everyone I knew was away and strangers refused to take live lobsters from a stranger.

Suddenly I was in the supermarket and I realized chocolate could only be gotten in mixed bags of 1/4 dark, 1/4 milk, 1/2 white "chocolate." I complained and was told that I was being sexist because women prefer white chocolate.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

PreviousNext