The Insufferable Mound

Discussion, in general

Re: The Insufferable Mound

Postby Typical Michael » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:19 am

gregfrankenstein wrote:
JugularNotch wrote:I think I'm still trying to sort out what we're doing here. Is it be insufferable? Is that it? In that case I think I'm winning. Although, I suspect this whole thing was a ploy to get Scary-Mike out so he could harvest us in one place. This means either gregfrankenstein is a pawn of Scary-Mike... or IS Scary-Mike.

TWIST

I would never. Mike is a ridiculous name.

If scary-mike doesn't get you, I will.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby scary-mike » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 pm

I've discovered an ancient ritual of dread power, if you speak the word Goo Gol into a smart phone and then your name it will show you every person who has ever written it on the internet. And so begins the hunt.

scary-mike
Commenter
Commenter

Location: In the corner of your eye, just so barely within your field of vision.
Show rep
Title: Just the Wind. Go back to bed.

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm

So, in the anime Golden Time, there's a cult called the Neo-Children that apparently worships the fact that they grew up in the 21st century. I can't help but wonder what they have as their holidays.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Tablo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Australia wrote:
CarrieVS wrote:'Can I eat my period' comes up pretty quick as a suggested search on Google now
Ha, get it, I swallowed the period. Classic humour.
Among other horrifying options.
That new diet craze.png

And I know Google is all-knowing and everything, but the fact that it thought I personally could eat my period makes me doubt its omniscience.

I'm also concerned that Bing(bot) knows I use Google now. I really shouldn't be. This is Bing we're talking about. What's it going to do, make me lost?

Hopefully people don't get eat myself and eat myself out confused.The results can be dangerous.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby scary-mike » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:28 am

Very bad news muchachos. Many children in normal neighborhood go missing. I have seen none of them and am very hopeful for parents that they are not in pit underneath tarp in a persons backyard.

scary-mike
Commenter
Commenter

Location: In the corner of your eye, just so barely within your field of vision.
Show rep
Title: Just the Wind. Go back to bed.

Postby Australia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:22 pm

I burned to death in a fire drill today. True story.

Well, two of us did. We were in the back dock near the crusher and didn't hear the alarm go off. When we heard some mumbling over the PA, we assumed that must mean it was time for the drill and as we walked into the main store, we saw the customers and staff entering the door. I believe our "deaths" have been covered up in the report. Doesn't seem safe that the alarm can't be heard in the back dock, but what do I care? I'm dead.

I've just been told that you can't die from a fictional fire and apparently I'm not a zombie. I thought I finally had an excuse for my mumbling. *sigh* Maybe next time.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby JamesT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Australia wrote:I burned to death in a fire drill today. True story.

Well, two of us did. We were in the back dock near the crusher and didn't hear the alarm go off. When we heard some mumbling over the PA, we assumed that must mean it was time for the drill and as we walked into the main store, we saw the customers and staff entering the door. I believe our "deaths" have been covered up in the report. Doesn't seem safe that the alarm can't be heard in the back dock, but what do I care? I'm dead.

I've just been told that you can't die from a fictional fire and apparently I'm not a zombie. I thought I finally had an excuse for my mumbling. *sigh* Maybe next time.

pffft. Don't let the pencil pushers define your identity. If you feel like you've died in a fire then who are they to erase your experience? I say we have to make a tumblr about this hate for victims of fictional disasters. Just because someone's tragedy was fictional doesn't mean it wasn't real!

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Phighter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 am

I fuckin' LOVE Candy Crush.

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby Australia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:04 pm

So the Tennis was on in the background last night, and in the post-match interview with the Canadian victor, the interviewer said something that made me raise my inner eyebrow. I found an indirect quote of it:

The Australian wrote:"I tried to just stay in the moment after a shaky first set. And I think I did that well," Bouchard explained when asked how someone who is not old enough to drink alcohol in her own country can maintain her composure on such a big sporting stage.

Anyway, when the interviewer said something along the lines of "You're 19, you're actually eligible to drink in this country", I looked to my brother and said "she can drink in her own country too, can't she?"

It's quite possible I'm wrong (correct me, Canadians), but I always thought 18 was the legal limit in Canada and that's just general knowledge as it's not like I ever looked it up or anything so the interviewer came off looking like an idiot, which is probably why the tennis player avoided the question, to stop from humiliating her.

Anyway, I just thought that was an amusing, ignorant blooper coming from someone who clearly didn't do their research (I could be referring to the interviewer or myself, but I'm 98% sure I'm right). Interestingly enough, the newspaper article didn't even correct her so maybe Australians are as self-absorbed as Americans are. Yay, I guess.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 pm

(I'm not Canadian but I googled it.)

Well it's above 18 in most of the provinces (it is in three), but at 19 she is old enough to drink anywhere in Canada, apparently

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Somewhat off-topic, but I don't like the term "drinking age", because in fact the drinking age in the UK is five, i.e there are no restrictions on individuals over the age of five drinking alcohol at home or on private property. Eighteen is the legal age to buy alcohol or to have alcohol bought for one to drink outside the home (except when accompanying a meal in a restaurant, in which case it's 16 but must be bought by an adult, except in Scotland). I'd imagine similar distinctions apply in other countries.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby gregfrankenstein » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:03 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Somewhat off-topic

No such thing. Otherwise this mound would be sufferable.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:I'd imagine similar distinctions apply in other countries.

I would doubt at least my own province has such a thing. We're like liquor Nazis over here. I'm not about to do a Google search for "can my british columbian five-year-old drink beer in their own bedroom", but this is the province that is putting a stop to all-ages concerts of any sort on the grounds that "some minors/attendees are consuming alcohol and other substances before entering the venue or taking in their own alcohol with them", despite the fact that that was already illegal and could happen anywhere, any time. We also don't have booze in grocery stores or anything, and every time we try to change that, there are outcries that minors could shoplift it.

I don't understand this place.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby iMURDAu » Thu May 31, 2018 10:00 pm

When I put up pictures of Spongebob in our brand new Employee of the Month board a few people mentioned they would've voted for Mr. Krabs. But Mr. Krabs is not an employee... and the reference is that Spongebob is always employee of the month. I'm too old to even know that and I know that. smh

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Previous