Introduce Yourself

Discussion, in general

Introduce Yourself

Postby HarpingCarp » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 am

Hi. I'm HarpingCarp. You probably know me from the comments section. I swear I don't know when the other guy is going to show up.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Robert » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi. My name is Robert. I rarely post in the comment section under the nickname lavazza, but mostly I am just a lurker.

Robert
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Tesseracts Posted: Apr 8 2013, 01:41 PM

Hi, I'm Tesseracts, I created this forum. I would say more but I am at school right now.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby nerdnerdnerd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

nerdnerdnerd Posted: Apr 8 2013, 01:49 PM

I'm nerdnerdnerd, from Turkey. I've been reading Cracked since 2010 iirc, but I only registered last summer, and that was to vote comments. I don't comment a lot, but you have probably seen me a few times.

So uh, hi.

nerdnerdnerd
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Tesseracts Posted: Apr 8 2013, 01:51 PM

Hi, I'm Gash. I don't post much on the comment sections, but I read it regular and find it pretty cool.

P.S. Tess, if you want, you can make me an Admin. I run a forum using Invisionfree, so I have some experience with it (in case you want references or experience) and I could help out with the forum whenever you're busy with school. If not an Admin, at least a mod.

Also, I hope you don't get banned for posting the link in the comment section.

I have seen your forum, and it's clear that you have years of experience with this, so I took your suggestion and made you an admin.

I'm not going to get banned, Wong thinks this forum is a good idea.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby NudgeNudge » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:13 pm

NudgeNudge Posted: Apr 8 2013, 01:51 PM

Hi, I'm NudgeNudge. Cracked is my main way of wasting time, and I usually spend reading the comments as much as I spend reading the actual article. I seriously hope this forum is only a provisional thing and things can go back to normal at Cracked.

I discovered the forum when I saw you got reported for posting the link... I don't think they will ban you, because Wong said we have to discuss somewhere, and since he's deleting the comments where we are trying to find a solution and we are not welcome at Cracked forums...

Anyways, I'm here. Sorry for any possible grammar mistake, I'm not a native English speaker :p

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby rickmcslick » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 pm

rickmcslick Posted: Apr 8 2013, 01:59 PM

Hi, I'm rickmcslick, I post semi-regularly in the comments. I think this board is a great idea, and from his forum post, Wong seems to agree. I think we're in the clear.

PS. Since, you know, we're here because of assholes potentially ruining the comment section for everyone, and since you let everyone know they can come here now, you should really, RIGHT NOW, make a set of hard rules for everyone to follow so that we don't run into the same problem all over again. Unless of course, you were going for the whole "free-for-all" spirit, then by all means, do that instead :)

"No, it is not racist to wonder how many colors you can use to color black people's faces with Crayola products."
-Cracked Comment Section
rickmcslick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm

AboveGL Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:01 PM

Hi, you may or may not recognise me. I don't comment/post a lot on cracked.com. I think this is a good idea so I'll keep on eye on this forum.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:25 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Rebo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Rebo Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:05 PM

Heya. Way to take the initiative. Rebo here. Reboticon on cracked. I gotta get something out of system real quick.
[One of each smiley emoticon.]

Sorry. It's just really nice to get to use a smiley again. I'm not much of a commenter because I'm generally really busy, but I always read them, and I am pretty active on Cracked forums.

Let's all be real clear. This is a place for discussion for cracked commenters, but it is in no way going to turn into a 'let's get David Wong!' type thing, correct? Right now we do still have a comment section. I personally believe that if we can keep comments more like they have been today, the section will get to stick around. Wong just doesn't 'get' us, or our humor. You may have seen where he called our pun threads 'spiteful,' and that's fine. He built that place up from almost nothing. He gets to make the decisions.

The real hearts and minds we have to win are the freelance writers. I've seen no fewer than 4 of them post in articles the last 2 days that they enjoy comment section. That might not sound like a lot, but since getting rid of it was pretty unanimous a couple days ago, I'd call that real progress.

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Kate » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Kate85 Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:08 PM

Hey, I'm Kate85. Which is a name I guess I could have changed since I never meant to be a regular comments person and just picked a conveniently boring name, but decided to keep.

I comment every now and then on Cracked and when I do it's usually either sarcastic or so long you probably skimmed over it. Trying to work on those things. I enjoy reading the comments, though, you people are funny and smart, and I genuinely enjoy reading what you have to say.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby rickmcslick » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:28 pm

rickmcslick Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:09 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into just a Wong-bashing thread. I agree with you that he is in charge, and he calls the shots. I read somewhere in the comments yesterday comparing him to the grizzled cop in the movies who has no faith in humanity because he deals with the low-lifes day in and day out. Hopefully the comment section doesn't get the axe, but if it does I'm glad someone took the initiative to set this here forum up.

"No, it is not racist to wonder how many colors you can use to color black people's faces with Crayola products."
-Cracked Comment Section
rickmcslick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:29 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NudgeNudge » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm

NudgeNudge Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:14 PM

Aaaand that's the first dick joke of the forum. That was beautiful.

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Next