Introduce Yourself

Discussion, in general

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby NisiOptimum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm

NisiOptimum Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:17 PM

Hi I'm NisiOptimum. I swing wildly between being a regular commenter and not posting at all for several months (but I always read them and love doing it). This forum is a awesome idea so I wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to Tesseracts for setting it up (and HarpingCarp for telling me about it).

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby NisiOptimum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm

NisiOptimum Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:18 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into just a Wong-bashing thread. I agree with you that he is in charge, and he calls the shots. I read somewhere in the comments yesterday comparing him to the grizzled cop in the movies who has no faith in humanity because he deals with the low-lifes day in and day out. Hopefully the comment section doesn't get the axe, but if it does I'm glad someone took the initiative to set this here forum up.

So Wong is some sort of...Axe Cop?

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby DangerChocomog » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm

DangerChocomog Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:20 PM

Aloha. I'm DangerChocomog (or Luke, I really don't care about my privacy ^.^). Been on the comments for bloody years...be shame to see it go. I met my fiancee through initially replying to one of her Cracked comments!!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
DangerChocomog
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Techno Hippie

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm

MaxFolk Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:21 PM

MaxFolk here. I'm a semi-regular commenter who enjoys good punsmanship and rhymes. I just want to show support for this forum because it's cool being a part of what I think is the nicest community on the Internet. Thanks to Tesseracts for starting this up!

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Mindymoo Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:23 PM

Hi, I'm Mindymoo, the girl that has the Eraserhead mutant chick as her avatar on Cracked, and I'm a Crackedhead. I've been commenting on and off for about two years now and have been a reader since about 2008 and I can't believe we may be losing our little community. What exactly happened? I have been in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks so I haven't been as on top of things as I normally am.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Last edited by FaceTheCitizen on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: My Controls might be called "Profile", depending on which theme you've selected.
FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Rebo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Rebo Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:25 PM

I'm at work and just replying when I get few minutes - one of the things I loved about comments - I see Nisi pm'd HC, is someone PMing other regulars? Notch, Dark, etc?

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

jbobsully11 Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:29 PM

Hello; jbobsully11 here. I often comment on articles/videos that I find interesting/awesome/horrifying (and have been since January of 2012), respond to comments when I have something to add, lurk elsewhere on Cracked, and over-think far too many of my posts. It should be nice to see a discussion board without spambots invading every five seconds...

(rickmcslick @ Apr 8 2013, 05:59 PM)
PS. Since, you know, we're here because of assholes potentially ruining the comment section for everyone, and since you let everyone know they can come here now, you should really, RIGHT NOW, make a set of hard rules for everyone to follow so that we don't run into the same problem all over again. Unless of course, you were going for the whole "free-for-all" spirit, then by all means, do that instead

Seconding the hell out of this.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Jinren Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:31 PM

Hello. This is Jinren. You may remember me as 'Jinren' (who are we kidding, I'm boring).

Don't know what to make of all this but I definitely want to add a show of faith to this new endeavour by racking up your user count.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 pm

redstick Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:33 PM

Hi. I'm redstick, which is the impenetrable code for my place of residence. I have read Cracked for a while, but have only recently discovered that the comments section is an important part of the whole Cracked experience. "This knowledge must not die!".

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm

DangerChocomog Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:36 PM

Good idea, Gash. Lets just hope this place is as friendly as the comment section (usually) is.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby RA2 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:43 pm

RA2 Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:39 PM

Hey I'm RA2. I like playing Robot Arena 2 hence the name. I'm gonna be full disclosure, I am banned from Cracked for having an outburst. I regret it, wish there was some way to apologize since I'm now cut off from all communications. But life is about eating mistakes.

I'd like to prove myself to be a better person than some stupid comment, hopefully I can do some good here.

Check out my robot fighting series: http://www.youtube.com/user/ResettisReplicas
RA2
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Rebo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Rebo Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:41 PM

Tesseracts is a she? I had no idea. Not that it matters in the least, it's just that I started using this here gadget box before women were allowed on the net,(Anyone else remember prodigy?) and I constantly forget it is no longer the bastion of only male nerds.

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby NisiOptimum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm

NisiOptimum Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:54 PM
Tesseracts is a she? I had no idea. Not that it matters in the least, it's just that I started using this here gadget box before women were allowed on the net,(Anyone else remember prodigy?) and I constantly forget it is no longer the bastion of only male nerds.

Not only are women allowed now but popular, sexy jocks like me are allowed on here too.

*has an asthma attack while adjusting retainer* It's okay, they can't see you. They'll never know, THEY'LL NEVER KNOW.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

PreviousNext