Introduce Yourself

Discussion, in general

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby SandTea » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:52 am

Pedgerow wrote:...I tend to voice contrarian opinions...

No you don't.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Pedgerow » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:54 am

So that's why that Russian website has all those details about me. I thought it was a fan club of some sort.

Ooh, a new reply while I was typing! I hated PWOT culture for a long time, but eventually it grew on me. I think that at the time the schism happened and this place was established, I was still complaining about PWOT and denouncing it as a weird echo chamber where my stimulating edginess and superior intellect were not appreciated. But I complained a whole lot, and they never banned me, and everywhere else on the Internet got much, much worse, and in the end I decided it wasn't really an echo chamber. Then they deleted it. But without my disgruntlement, I would never have found this place, so it's all good in the end.

Since I said I would read your introductions and freak you out: Nathan, you say I'll never know your location, but I know you are in Canada! Haha! That narrows it down considerably; I assume Canada can't be that big. And cmsellers, if you like having lots of browser tabs open at once, and it made you dislike Firefox in 2014, there's a browser called Vivaldi which is designed specifically for people in your situation. At last, your presumed four and a half years of mild suffering are over! P-please like me, everyone.

More posts! Damn it!
1) I don't know which one's which, but I had a jigsaw with them on when I was a child and my favourite was the one who has a stick for a weapon, because I thought it was impressive that he could kick ass with such a crappy weapon. Was that one Donatello?
2) I like it in the form of whole peanuts, with butter provided separately. So I guess that's extremely chunky.
3) It's no mustard. Mustard all the way.
4) I honestly do not know my blood type, and it really frustrates me because doctors keep taking my blood. The last time I asked, they said I could pay money to find out, or give blood and they'd tell me for free. That sounded like a great rule until I discovered that as a Type 1 diabetic, nobody wants my deliciously sweetened blood. That should also explain what my organs are like. Also, it freaks me out that I carry my organs with me everywhere I go for my whole life, and they're right there, and yet if all goes to plan, I will never see them. How disappointing. The curiosity really gets to me sometimes. I could have fluorescent orange intestines and literally never find out.
5) Ice cream. I love coffee-flavoured ice cream, but I do not like coffee. I am a man of contradictions.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby cmsellers » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

I opened the Vivaldi browser website and my Firefox session with thousands of tabs crashed. Coincidence or conspiracy? You decide.

I think all communities tend towards echo chambers no matter the intentions of the community or members, but the combination of the work Tess and her team have done and the personalities of most posters here delayed it. Even now, I think that it's only an issue here on matters of politics and then not on all political subjects.

That said, my issue with PWOT wasn't precisely that it's an echo chamber. It's that people were dicks to me both times I tried to post there because I violated the unwritten rules of the culture and Wong encouraged it. As an autistic person, people getting angry at me for missing unwritten rules is an issue I have dealt with all my life, and now that I am somewhat in control of my life, I try not to put up with people who are dicks to me over it.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to ask if you like animals and push my pet thread if you do. (Not to be confused with the two threads I have started on pets or the "my pets" thread.)

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:13 am

Pedgerow wrote:1) I don't know which one's which, but I had a jigsaw with them on when I was a child and my favourite was the one who has a stick for a weapon, because I thought it was impressive that he could kick ass with such a crappy weapon. Was that one Donatello?

i) Yes
ii) Correct answer

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Previous