TCS Meet Up Results

Discussion, in general

Re: TCS Meet Up Results

Postby Absentia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 pm

So wait, Bert lives in Virginia Beach? Why did I not know about this?

Oh, and congratulations on love and everything.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Bert » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 am

Absentia wrote:So wait, Bert lives in Virginia Beach? Why did I not know about this?

Lived, past tense. I went to high school there and get back often. Currently in the DC area. We were just down for the weekend.

My advice to anyone here thinking of proposing is to do it before dessert is served. I knew once she was presented with a slice of cheesecake larger than her face I would have lost her attention for a while.

Seriously though, it was easily the best day of my life and I'm looking forward to many more such days with my IRL co-op partner.

We really appreciate all the well-wishers and are grateful to this crazy community for making all this possible. If any of you are available a year from now (give or take a month) you'll have a place at the TCS table and a chance to say hi to my mom with a straight face.

"Condoms are a sign of a bad relationship." -Kate

"We have been here a while. We are not clean people." -Typical Michael
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 am

Ah. Well, I'd offer to meet up next time you're there but I'm getting ready to move out of the area. If you're looking to move back I can get you a great deal on a rundown house full of junk.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 am

Maple said you're having cheesecake at the wedding, so if I can afford it I'll be there. And if I have a job by that time but can't afford a trip to Virginia, I'll buy you guys something kitschy as a wedding present.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby sunglasses » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:18 am

Bert wrote:
Absentia wrote:So wait, Bert lives in Virginia Beach? Why did I not know about this?

Lived, past tense. I went to high school there and get back often. Currently in the DC area. We were just down for the weekend.

My advice to anyone here thinking of proposing is to do it before dessert is served. I knew once she was presented with a slice of cheesecake larger than her face I would have lost her attention for a while.

Seriously though, it was easily the best day of my life and I'm looking forward to many more such days with my IRL co-op partner.

We really appreciate all the well-wishers and are grateful to this crazy community for making all this possible. If any of you are available a year from now (give or take a month) you'll have a place at the TCS table and a chance to say hi to my mom with a straight face.

As I think the unofficial starter of that running gag I will so take you up on that.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:50 am

I'm on a plane on the way to Miami. Anyone who wants to say hi let me know. I don't have any plans for the trip other than to cure my seasonal depression with sunlight.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Fascinating.

People getting married and stuff, and all because of a little forum that was created because a joke website went sketchy with its comment section.

Spoiler: show
Maple I ask of thee to name your firstborn child Jim, heck I ask everyone here. If you get a kid and you are considering names, call him Jim.

52xMax wrote:
D-LOGAN wrote:Wow, I wonder which one of you guys I'm gonna marry. Actually no, don't tell me, don't wanna spoil the surprise.

Before you start shipping this, I'll let you all know that I'm already taken.

Hmm. Logan, when you have your first kid with Max be sure to name him Jim okay?

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby 52xMax » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:05 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:Hmm. Logan, when you have your first kid with Max be sure to name him Jim okay?

1) For the sake of humanity, this should never happen
2) I'm not putting on the weight, so if anything is gonna be Logan who gets pregnant. God knows he could use the glow.
3) We're going to name the baby Lindvaettr.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm

52xMax wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:Hmm. Logan, when you have your first kid with Max be sure to name him Jim okay?

2) I'm not putting on the weight, so if anything is gonna be Logan who gets pregnant. God knows he could use the glow.

Lindvattr? Absolutely not, I forbid it. You will name your child Jim and this Lindvattr stuff can be a middle name at least, and I say this under the authority of... The... TCS gestapo?

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Has Logan okayed that name Max? >_> Also why are we talking inside spoilers? Also also if you have a girl call her Lad!

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 pm

KOOL MOE DEE!

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Nullbert » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Bert wrote:you'll have a place at the TCS table and a chance to say hi to my mom with a straight face.

*Frantically orders plane tickets*

For real though, belated congratulations, my fellow bert! I hope Ernie is taking this well.

Nullbert
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: British Bastard

Postby D-LOGAN » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:44 pm

52xMax wrote:

NO! Our child shall be named Freduardo, regardless of gender! And after I birth our young I shall raise it in my image, to continue my work after I'm gone. I have a lot of enemies, A LOT OF THEM, too many to deal with in one lifetime. A child will therefore be necessary to mop up the stragglers I never got round to in my time on this glorious sinful orb.

Further input from you will not be necessary, your DNA was all I required.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 am

I’ll be in Washington state next week. My mom is planning to stalk Dale Chihuly see an art exhibit of his in the Seattle area, and also stay in a treehouse bed & breakfast that this guy owns for a few days, which I’m hoping will be less weird than it sounds. So I’ll be out that way from next Monday to Friday.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Previous