I'm Headin out California Way

Discussion, in general

I'm Headin out California Way

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 am

It wasn't my first choice, but you go where the jobs are, and I'm getting paid double to go out there. Excited because it'll be expensive to go out, but I can restart in a city with the beaches and mountains that I so love.

So with that said, anyone know San Diego well? Awesome shit to do, where to live or not live?

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: I'm Headin out California Way

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:58 am

Congrats.
My cousin lives in San Diego. Top attraction is the San Diego Zoo, and it is awesome. The farmer's markets there are amazing in terms of the variety of stuff they have, though one of the ones I went to was more of an art fair than a farmer's market, so you have to go to the right one.

I have no idea where to live, though. It all looks like one giant sprawling suburb to me.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:27 am

cmsellers wrote:Congrats.
My cousin lives in San Diego. Top attraction is the San Diego Zoo, and it is awesome. The farmer's markets there are amazing in terms of the variety of stuff they have, though one of the ones I went to was more of an art fair than a farmer's market, so you have to go to the right one.

I have no idea where to live, though. It all looks like one giant sprawling suburb to me.

Thanks! I'll have to check out the farmer's market. I wanted to hit up the zoo when I was interviewing, but I was strapped for cash.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:32 am

Encinitas is pretty cool if you're looking for a place with great beaches and the most authentic Mexican food you'll get north of the border.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Australia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 pm

I know, roughly translated, it means 'a whale's vagina'.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Absentia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 pm

San Diego would be my number one place to live in the United States if I had the money and didn't care about being close to family. Just make sure you're close enough to the coast to get the marine climate instead of the desert one.

In addition to the Zoo proper, there's also a Safari park that is awesome. And I've heard Petco Park is a great place to watch baseball, if you're into that.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 am

Absentia wrote:San Diego would be my number one place to live in the United States if I had the money and didn't care about being close to family. Just make sure you're close enough to the coast to get the marine climate instead of the desert one.

In addition to the Zoo proper, there's also a Safari park that is awesome. And I've heard Petco Park is a great place to watch baseball, if you're into that.

I'm not really into baseball, but I do like getting drunk and watching sports, and the Chargers recently left, so that's all I got. I'm a bit disappointed there's not a big aquarium like in Tampa or MIA, but I do love zoos.

As for the climate, not that worried. It hit 100 here a few weeks ago in a much more humid place while my AC is broken. Not worried about San Diego weather.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:42 pm

You're unconcerned with an all consuming unflinching in its destruction blazing hellscape?

Just because it's not the current weather doesn't mean it won't change in five minutes. Around this time last year... yikes.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 am

iMURDAu wrote:You're unconcerned with an all consuming unflinching in its destruction blazing hellscape?

Just because it's not the current weather doesn't mean it won't change in five minutes. Around this time last year... yikes.

True, but a blazing inferno vs living in Florida?

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Windy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:45 am

TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASEEEEEEEE

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:21 am

You know California is full of SJWs, Windy?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player