What's your creative type? A new hipster quiz

Discussion, in general

What's your creative type? A new hipster quiz

Postby 52xMax » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 pm

https://mycreativetype.com

According to the test, I'm a dreamer, which is only fitting because they didn't have an option for "Snarky, Disillusioned, Highly Skeptical but still somehow Optimistic" type. Nonetheless, it's a fun, short test, and the transitional graphics are cool. I'm also curious to see what other people might get.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Re: What's your creative type? A new hipster quiz

Postby KleinerKiller » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Also got The Dreamer. Granted, I didn't really know what to enter for some of the more opaque, hipster-y questions (fuck off, "am I a fortune cookie or a birthday cake").

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:44 pm

I got the Thinker, but some of those questions are ridiculous.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:51 am

You are The PRODUCER

The PRODUCER is the quintessential “doer” of all the creative types. People-oriented, analytical, pragmatic, and dynamic, you have a highly creative nature that’s balanced by a grounded realism and “get it done” attitude. In your eyes, an idea has real value only when it’s turned into something that others can enjoy and benefit from.

Highly goal-oriented and results-driven, you pursue your desired outcomes with a laser-like focus. You derive great pride and satisfaction from your ability to implement ideas, and you find joy in the process of creation with all its ups and downs. A natural organizer with an ability to motivate and inspire others, you gravitate to collaborative and leadership roles. You know how to make everything, and everyone, work together to see a project through to the end.

Along with your intellectual prowess and strong work ethic, your greatest strength is your ability to keep a cool head and single-pointed focus as you work through any and all challenges that arise during the creative process. But while you’re keeping your eyes on the prize, don’t get too fixated on results. Your greatest challenge is anchoring your productivity in a deeper sense of purpose. You’ll tap into your true creative depths when you can tune into the voice of your intuition and use it as a source of guidance.

Seek out the company of idealistic and imaginative DREAMER types, who remind you that there is limitless inspiration to be found within. Let the DREAMER spark your imagination and inspire you to think even bigger.

Never in my life has a quiz given such an inaccurate result. I knew I shouldn't have said I was a birthday cake.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby JamishT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:14 am

As a Thinker, I feel obligated to state my thoughts. It's a weird quiz, but some of the transitions were cool!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:12 am

This would have probably been more fun if my cellphone could have loaded the graphics properly >_>

The Visionary

Imagining the impossible.

Creative Strengths
Full of big ideas, ability to see potential and possibility everywhere
Untapped Potential
Using your visions to fuel consistent daily action
Ideal Collaborator
The Thinker

You live in a world of infinite possibilities, preferring to see things not as they are but as they could be. You know that life is limited only by the boundaries of your own beliefs, and you’re driven to push the limits of, well, everything.

Emotional, passion-driven, and full of ideas, the VISIONARY combines a vivid imagination with a desire for practical solutions. Your introspective and intuitive nature is balanced by a keen interest in the world around you and a desire to contribute to society.

Charismatic and expressive, you love sharing your ideas and visions with others and creating community around shared values and ideals. Your greatest gift? The ability to see the spark of potential in everything and everyone, and to inspire others to see it, too. You’re able to guide people toward an invisible horizon with a rare generosity of spirit and strength of conviction.

Don’t get stuck in the dreaming stage, VISIONARY. (Don't shout at me :<) Your greatest challenge—and true power—lies in learning to take consistent daily action to create the future you envision.

Seek out the “voice of reason” of the THINKER type to help you take a grounded, rational approach to your creative work. The THINKER’s deep perception and probing intellect lend a powerful clarity that can bring your visions into sharper focus.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby SandTea » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 am

The Special One

Rare and unique.

Creative Strengths
Only you can be, think and do like you.
Untapped Potential
Omnipotence.
Ideal Collaborator
God.

You're the lighthouse in a world of permanent fog that guides all the lost to safety. Especially when they think solid ground is the opposite direction. You shine bright to correct their path.

Seek out other Special Ones. They will be the only ones to be able to understand how difficult it is to be a Special One.

Spoiler: show
Yes, this is a joke. Not a great one and should probably be in the "I've been drinking" thread but I couldn't help it. :mrgreen:

I got dreamer

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby cmsellers » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm

I hate the transitions, though they might not have been so bad except for the slow typing of text. Also, a lot of the questions I don't know how to answer, because both answers fit very well. Like, I usually leave internal doors open when I'm awake, and alone, but I close them if I'm meeting with people or there are people around. I finally went with "open" because I like to work outdoors when I can. And "why" or "how"? It really depends on the question. I was wondering "how did they come up with this shit" when I took the test, so went with that. Fortune cookie or birthday cake is easy though. I'd rather bake and eat cakes than fortune cookies, so I'm clearly a cake person.

Anyways, I got "producer."

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:47 pm

I got Dreamer. The description doesn't seem hugely far off, allowing for the fact that they're all exaggeratedly complimentary.

I did eenie meenie miney moe on fortune cookie/birthday cake.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby gisambards » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 pm

I got dreamer.

I'm not sure what's apparently so confusing about the birthday cake/fortune cookie one? One has a message loudly displayed on the outside, the other has a message hidden inside it. I assumed it was asking if one was extrovert/introvert.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 pm

I’m apparently a “Maker,” though I also though the birthday cake/fortune cookie and why/how questions were weird.

obviously

...mainly because fortune cookies are pretty bland. But reading gis’s explanation, I should’ve picked the cookie. But Maker fits me pretty well, anyway.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 pm

I too am a dreamer.

DLFI

Dreamers looking for Innovators. Where dey at?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby 52xMax » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:08 am

It is funny how subjective these things are. What I took from that question is that fortune cookies give you "insights" into your future, a birthday cake lets you make a wish, so I read it as "are you the kind of person that tries to read people and always dispensing meaningless and apparently deep but actually meaningless advice, or are you more in the nature of trying to please?".
I went with cookie because I'd rather say something useless than do what people expect me to do.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Malfeasinator » Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 am

I got "quiz froze up on me."

I answered all the questions and it wouldn't stop doing the "now loading" circle thing.

Oh, wait, finally it loaded and the scariest looking stuffed animal is on the right.

It says I'm The Adventurer.

I guess that's kind of right. I'm more of a "Fuck around with the sidequests forever instead of doing the main quest" kind of adventurer, though.

Edit: Might as well put what it says.

Spoiler: show
Creative Strengths High levels of creative energy, spirit of curiosity and play
Untapped Potential Committing yourself to developing one particular skill or project
Ideal Collaborator The Artist

There’s no telling where the impassioned creative quest and endless curiosity of the ADVENTURER may lead. Fueled by high energy levels and boundless enthusiasm, you’re easily inspired—and more than willing to follow your fascinations wherever they take you.

ADVENTURER types are passionate, expressive, multi-talented creative spirits with a natural ability to entertain and inspire. As an ADVENTURER, you’re never satisfied to just come up with ideas. Instead, you have an almost compulsive need to act on them. Your abundant energy fuels you in the pursuit of many interests, hobbies, areas of study, and artistic endeavors. You’re a fast learner, able to pick up new skills and juggle different projects and roles with relative ease. A true Renaissance person, you’re likely to develop expertise in a number of areas over the course of your life and career.

You have a huge amount of energy that needs to be released on a regular basis. When your energy doesn’t have anywhere meaningful to go, you can easily become frustrated, aimless, and even depressed. Keep it moving! It’s critical to find fulfilling creative outlets—including ones that you commit to developing over time.

A people-person with deep emotions and empathy, ADVENTURERs are natural storytellers and performers. You have a powerful ability to inspire and are at your best when you’re sharing your creative expressions with others. ADVENTURERs have mastered one of the most elusive and powerful secrets of creativity: the more freely you give of your talents for the benefit of others, the more you earn the divine favor of the Muses. Keep the inspiration in circulation, and it will come back to you tenfold.

Seek out collaborations with ARTIST types to jointly explore new creative horizons. The ARTIST’s connection to the deeper sources of inspiration will inspire you to direct your adventurous spirit toward journeys of self-exploration.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby JamesBotch » Fri May 03, 2019 10:11 am

ENFJ innovator, makers where you at? We’d apparently be a lovely pair. Check out my blogs about baby care tips, cooking tips, recipes, reviewing and essential oils.

Last edited by JamesBotch on Fri May 31, 2019 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
JamesBotch
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: Mr

Next