Goodbye

Discussion, in general

Goodbye

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 am

Originally, I never meant to make this post. I haven't been on in the last few weeks, and I intended a permanent leave, figuring it would be best to just fade out of this forum. After all, it seems to mirror real life, where nobody really seems to notice my presence nor my absence, and thus I thought just departing quietly would be my best way of doing things. I'm not particularly vindictive enough for a passive-aggressive snippy note, but I suppose I'm also not careless enough to simply disregard what few people have made some impact in my life. Perhaps it may be facile, as this is the internet, but a connection is no less impactful and cherished whether it be in face or over the web.

I know I've gone dark before for months on end and come back without much notice, a testament to my power of invisibility, but this will be a permanent goodbye. I don't want to name anybody whether for good or ill, and I thought it would be best to summon what powers of text I have with to thank you all, and explain why I'm leaving. After all, though I'm not particularly given to theatrics when I dissipate, some of you truly deserve more than just me silently slinking away from the party.

For five years, give or take, I've talked with you all whether about video games, literature, music, or politics, to varying effect. That time has dovetailed quite conveniently with my move to a new city, one I now endeavor to move away from as quickly as I can. For much like this forum, the place I've lived IRL has often felt like a place where I go to and fro, making no impact on anybody nor garnering any notice even as they sometimes make an impact on me. I'd be lying if I pretended that I haven't entertained real-world thoughts of permanently checking out since 2013, a thought I've hosted a decade before then and I suspect I will host long after, for though I tell myself things will be different when I move to a new locale, I know that the problem endemic is still me, and that will never change. Maybe one day I'll follow through, maybe I'll find that mythical place of belonging and won't.

Yet in that span, you all have always entertained, have always helped to keep my mind busy and my spirits high. I've learned here, I've met some truly astonishing people with more strength than I could ever hope to have (here's looking at you, Kate) and more than that, though they don't know it, some have kept me chugging along when the world itself seem utterly pointless. Sometimes it's been inspiration, sometimes it's been as simple as distraction in the minutiae of political polling numbers when it's a Saturday night and I'm trying to take my mind off the very real problem of having nobody outside to share my time with.

So take heart, no matter where you or I go from here, that no matter what happens in life, you've at least managed to garant temporary stay to one perpetually ailing soul, and I wish you all the best of luck wherever life takes you.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: Goodbye

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:40 am

For what it's worth, Doods, I never forgot about you. But if you think this is what's best for you, I won't try to talk you out of it.

Take care, in all your years and endeavors to come.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby JamishT » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 am

Well, you do you B...Doods. I don't think you're unappreciated, but I guess your perception is the only one that you'll believe, which makes sense. Lurk as much as you want, our bushes are spacious (especially mine, because I'm not getting any action), and you can still be entertained by our shenanigans. Drop in whenever you want, we'll most likely still be here doing the same dumb/brilliant stuff.
That's just my personal, non-moddy thoughts.

EDIT:
Here's a fitting GIF I made remembered I have:

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 am

Goodbye Doodle Dee. Snickers, I wish you the best in your life. That you find that constant whom you can share your life with.

You were never invisible in this forum, I always noticed your name up and down while I was lurking and it was something I kind of took for granted "heheh, doodle". Anyway I hope this decision is one that makes you happiest, but regardless of that I look forward to the hope that one day you may return and make this forum extra bright just with your presence again. And give us plenty new stories of a life well lived.

I think I speak for everyone in that your absence will be noticed like always, and as it is as of this moment permanent I will also tell you that you will be missed. I appreciate you taking the time to write your goodbye instead of fading away leaving me to wonder for many months, hopefully you may see through the responses how appreciated you were.

Good luck on your journey, while we may not be with you physically we will be right behind you in spirit.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:24 am

Doods you're one of the original crew that haunted this place. Thank you for not ghosting us. I guess you'll join the others that I miss and it will just suck but that's life huh? Keep writing, and thank you for sharing so much of your writing with us. 5 years... damn.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby AboveGL » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:59 pm

I don't know if I have a lot to add, really. If it means anything, I'd always wondered where you were and it's reassuring you're still around for sure. Do what's right by you, and:

I wish you all the best of luck wherever life takes you.

Same to you, buddy.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep