(SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Discussion, in general

(SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby DoglovingJim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Tyson Fury has gone a long way...

From that.
Image

To this.
Image

And then to that (and a whole range of mental problems).
Image

And now? Now he is back.
Former heavyweight champion of the world Tyson Fury returns to action this weekend in an eagerly anticipated comeback that has seen him out of the ring for two and a half years to date.

A lot of intrigue surrounds Saturday night’s fight at the Manchester Arena against Sefer Seferi – in terms of what type of Fury will turn up.

Training under new head coach Ben Davison Fury has managed to lose an incredible amount of weight over the past six to eight months or so.

The big question will be around his timing – how far off will it be from where it was against Wladimir Klitschko?



Recent footage of Tyson Fury training in preparation of his comeback.

How will he fair in the 9th of June tune-up fight with Sefer? Does he have a chance with current heavyweight champ Anthony Joshua who got wobbled by an old Klitschko, how about against Wilder?

Of course the big guy who once uppercut himself has his own opinion on the matter.
Former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury says he will need to beat Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder to be considered a legend.

Briton Joshua, 28, is the reigning WBA, IBF and WBO champion, while 32-year-old American Wilder holds the WBC crown.

"I have to beat both of them in order for my career to be defined, and to be looked back at as a legendary champion," Fury told BBC Sport.

He faces Albania's Sefer Seferi in his comeback fight on 9 June in Manchester.

Fury, 29, has not fought since claiming the IBF, WBA and WBO titles from Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.

The Manchester-born fighter, who is unbeaten in 25 fights, said he will "expose" Wilder and Joshua "not as useless or they can't fight, but just lesser people than me in a boxing ring".

"Whatever they bring, I can adapt," he added. "I don't think they'll land on me."
  • 0

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:25 pm

*chuckles*

Tyson Fury "won" that fight, with his opponent quitting in the stool on round 4.

  • 0

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:46 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:*chuckles*

Tyson Fury "won" that fight, with his opponent quitting in the stool on round 4.


So he must have really beat the crap out of him if he got the guy to quit in the stool. Of course he could've just been pooped.

I'll see myself out.
  • 1

"Our landfills are third world bling"
- Doug Stanhope
User avatar
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper
 
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 am
Location: Route 11 by Scoopalicious
Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:44 pm

It was pretty terrible, as expected. Fury did basically nothing and his opponent had no capacity to offend him, resulting in a weird, farcical sort of pseudo boxing match which looked almost like a parody of actual boxing. It was a damp squib, answering none of the questions surrounding Fury's return. We can expect him to take a few more of these inconsequential bookings in the next few months before mounting any kind of serious campaign for the belts. Certainly, I doubt Joshua is losing any sleep for that performance.

I didn't watch the fight live, and I feel for anyone who did. The welterweight title fight and UFC 225 were far better offerings for any fight fan.
  • 0

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Don't you dare go Hollow.
User avatar
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:03 pm
Show rep
Title: Depressed Goblin Nightmare Man

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby DoglovingJim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 am

Anglerphobe wrote:It was pretty terrible, as expected. Fury did basically nothing and his opponent had no capacity to offend him, resulting in a weird, farcical sort of pseudo boxing match which looked almost like a parody of actual boxing. It was a damp squib, answering none of the questions surrounding Fury's return. We can expect him to take a few more of these inconsequential bookings in the next few months before mounting any kind of serious campaign for the belts. Certainly, I doubt Joshua is losing any sleep for that performance.

I didn't watch the fight live, and I feel for anyone who did. The welterweight title fight and UFC 225 were far better offerings for any fight fan.


Speaking of the welterweight title fight what did you think of Jeff Horn against Terrence Crawford? My Australian pride certainly took a dive when I was watching that, although the guy didn't quit at the stool so at least he has honour.
  • 0

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby Anglerphobe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Welterweight has been weird for a few years now. A few good fighters who don't fight each other, and none who seems preeminent. Horn definitely never felt like he was the best fighter in the world at the weight. Crawford might well have that "best in the world" quality, but it's difficult to say based on that fight alone. He just outclassed Horn out there. I would hope that having Crawford sitting on a belt would tempt a few of the other top guys into fights to sort out the divisional hierarchy somewhat, as it's been out of kilter since May's day. I would obviously love to see Spence and Crawford go at it, but there's plenty of fights in the meantime to build up to that.

Speaking of fights to build up to something, Fury's talk about landing a world title before the end of the year seems to have taken a blow. Deontay Wilder has agreed to terms for a unification bout with Anthony Joshua in the UK. I'm a bit wary of this on account of the fact that every interesting fight in Wilder's career has fallen apart for some reason, but I can't pretend it's not exciting news. My guess would be at least one more smaller fight for Joshua before the gears shift up on getting this one booked, and a possible fight next spring. Fury will presumably take out a few more taxi (or, let's face it, uber) drivers before going for a top heavyweight around the same time.

Add. Regarding quitting on the stool.

I don't have a problem with it. I've seen enough great fighters turn into shambling wrecks later in life to know that you shouldn't go on with a fight you can't win. Honour is nice, but brain cells are much more useful.
  • 1

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Don't you dare go Hollow.
User avatar
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:03 pm
Show rep
Title: Depressed Goblin Nightmare Man

Re: (SPORT)- Boxing's gypsy Tyson Fury is back.

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

Anglerphobe wrote:Welterweight has been weird for a few years now. A few good fighters who don't fight each other, and none who seems preeminent. Horn definitely never felt like he was the best fighter in the world at the weight. Crawford might well have that "best in the world" quality, but it's difficult to say based on that fight alone. He just outclassed Horn out there. I would hope that having Crawford sitting on a belt would tempt a few of the other top guys into fights to sort out the divisional hierarchy somewhat, as it's been out of kilter since May's day. I would obviously love to see Spence and Crawford go at it, but there's plenty of fights in the meantime to build up to that.

Speaking of fights to build up to something, Fury's talk about landing a world title before the end of the year seems to have taken a blow. Deontay Wilder has agreed to terms for a unification bout with Anthony Joshua in the UK. I'm a bit wary of this on account of the fact that every interesting fight in Wilder's career has fallen apart for some reason, but I can't pretend it's not exciting news. My guess would be at least one more smaller fight for Joshua before the gears shift up on getting this one booked, and a possible fight next spring. Fury will presumably take out a few more taxi (or, let's face it, uber) drivers before going for a top heavyweight around the same time.

Add. Regarding quitting on the stool.

I don't have a problem with it. I've seen enough great fighters turn into shambling wrecks later in life to know that you shouldn't go on with a fight you can't win. Honour is nice, but brain cells are much more useful.


I still remember when Roberto Duran quit on the stool, but yeah you're right that you don't want to get punch-drunk solely for your pride.
  • 0

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests