Picky eating and weird eating habits

Discussion, in general

Re: Picky eating and weird eating habits

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 am

I like most foods that I’ve tried (provided they’re not bleeding raw or burned to hell), and don’t know many textures that I find hopelessly disgusting.* I used to be sensitive to spicy foods, but that seems to have lessened a bit over the years (but I don’t go out of my way to eat spicy things).

Piter Lauchy wrote:I'm the opposite of a picky eater. There's some stuff that I don't like the taste of, but other than those, I pretty much treat everything the same. There's almost no difference to me between a McDonald's burger and a 50€ steak. I simply like both.

Also, sunny, walnuts are obviously and objectively literally the worst nuts. You've got problems, Lady.
Plus, they look like brains. Shouldn't your aversion to stuff that looks like human biology make you dislike them?

False. That would be pistachios. I have no idea why people eat those, or pistachio ice cream. That’s just... *shudders*.

You and my brother would probably get along well. It has been said that he would eat horse shit if someone gave it to him, and I’m inclined to agree. Except for, like, maybe five things (a few more when he’s going low-carb), he will eat almost any food you put in front of him.

*There were one or two medicines I remember taking as a kid that tasted like they had sand or something mixed in them. Making or selling that stuff (whatever it was) should be considered a crime against humanity.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:22 am

jbobsully11 wrote:False. That would be pistachios. I have no idea why people eat those, or pistachio ice cream. That’s just... *shudders*

That is weird, because to me pistachios have one of the most mild, inoffensive flavors ever. Remind me never to make baklava for you, because I refuse to consider using any other nut for that.

Turkish pistachios are my favorite nut, but if we are only talking nuts you can get at a decent price in America, they are my third-favorite after cashews and hazelnuts, in terms of flavor and texture. The little shells are also a speed bump to my binge eating, which I like. Fresh pistachios in Turkey come with a rind in addition to the shell, which ads a further obstacle, though the texture is entirely different from dried pistachios.

That said, I do not get the point of pistachio ice cream. It already does not have a strong flavor, and cold makes things taste milder, which means you need strong flavors in ice cream.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 am

I always hated brussels sprouts. No matter how they're cooked they're always taste like a foot to me. I'm just... no.

I thought I should maybe try to incorporate them into my diet though, maybe introduce them little by little into my system until my system actually likes them, and maybe the perceived smells and tastes would change. So I started out with that plan in mind.

I tried them raw, at first, though, instead. I shredded them up. I figured that, in the past, I'd hated boiled kale or spinach, and liked the raw stuff just fine, so maybe this would work.

They tasted like cabbage cores, which my grandma used to give me to finish off whenever she made cole slaw. Imagine that. They had kind of a burn. I like cabbage cores. I like burn.

My whole life, I could have been eating these things just fine.

So the lesson here is:

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Previous