The absolute WORST thing you've ever tasted?

Discussion, in general

Re: The absolute WORST thing you've ever tasted?

Postby mancityfooty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm just going to assume everyone as a child succumbed to the temptation of those little foil wrapped pieces of baker's chocolate. and the cooking wine.
so I won't get into those.

I knew some people who had brought back a bottle of liquor from China that was made from sorghum. it smelled and tasted like lighter fluid. yeah, don't ask. it was only kept around for betting purposes.

I'm not much for bad tastes; instead, I go for textures of food. there was a sushi I had at a respectable chain conveyor belt restaurant. it might have been tuna. the texture was, at the same time, slimy and grainy. I finished it but it took some sake to get that feeling out of my mouth.

or that time I thought I was served a glass of cola only to find out it was iced tea instead.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby Nullbert » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm

These fuckers.

Durian sweets. I'd describe the initial taste as bland, until a microsecond later when you get the overwhelming taste of sweat and onions. This shit is so offensive, in South East Asia, you are forbidden from bringing it into hotels or hospitals, I presume because they are not actually sweets, but carefully disguised bio-weapons.

Nullbert
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: British Bastard

Postby Qinglong » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Raw oysters. I couldn't even finish one bite. The taste and texture were so vile, I had to spit it out.

This was years ago. I've never been tempted to try them again. Even less so, now.

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Yeah, I think raw oysters are considered an "aphrodisiac" because of the unspoken assumption that someone who will eat a raw oyster probably won't balk at a mouthful of cum.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Previous