Gratitude for "the little things"

Discussion, in general

Gratitude for "the little things"

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 am

I will never get over the awesomeness of having running water! Even on the few occasions that I lacked it for some reason, I still took comfort and solace in the knowledge that clean water was never very far away from me. There are so many people in the world (too many) who have to choose between cooking and drinking or having clean enough clothes for their children to be allowed to go to school. Thinking about those people never fails to make me feel almost giddy with gratitude and delight.

It's not fair, really. I don't deserve this blessing one bit more than all the people who have to live without it, which is probably why it makes me feel so overwhelmingly grateful. There are many other random little things for which I'm just absurdly thankful, but running water is one of my favorites. What (if any) non-obvious things do you feel grateful for in your life?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: Gratitude for "the little things"

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 pm

I feel grateful that Hitler never found the mecha-suit that would allow him immortality.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: Gratitude for "the little things"

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Has anyone noticed that Hitler's head looks an awful lot like the glass jar heads in Futurama?

It's a "little" thing.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep