Redacted

Discussion, in general

Redacted

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Re: Jeff's Fast Food review - I'll do it so you won't have t

Postby Malfeasinator » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Some thoughts:

1. Even though your introduction explains the why, I still feel like "Okay, but seriously, why though?" Taco Bell alone has some new stuff every two weeks. There's always some kind of 5 dollar this or that box to go with some limited time or new menu thing they're doing. New menu stuff just isn't a big deal anymore. Everybody changes it up. Now there's pretzel bread flavored everything. Last year people were losing their shit over cheese curds at White Castle. Novelty's the only thing that gets people to show up anymore.

2. You can't keep up with the times without dying.

3. HOW ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO EGGS AND EATING FAST FOOD, DUDE HOLY SHIT, SOME PLACES MAKE BREAKFAST ALL DAY YOU'RE GOING TO DIIIIIIEEEEEEE

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:37 am

Redacted

Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:28 am

Malfeasinator wrote:Some thoughts:

1. Even though your introduction explains the why, I still feel like "Okay, but seriously, why though?" Taco Bell alone has some new stuff every two weeks. There's always some kind of 5 dollar this or that box to go with some limited time or new menu thing they're doing.

You answered your own question! There's always new stuff. Burger King and Taco Bell aren't even in my digestive vocabulary so it's interesting to read someone else's honest take on it.

Way Off Topic:
Spoiler: show
ghijkmnop wrote:I'm doing it the same reason anybody reviews things-- for fun, of course. Why would OP review an endless stream of games from Japan that are all roughly the same (based on the first 20 I read)? I would imagine for the same reason. :)

"all roughly the same"
"all roughly the same"

That hasn't been my experience at all.

^see that's clever because *spoiler alert* that's the next line spoken by the character. Get Out. It's a movie folks.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Malfeasinator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 am

I feel like there could be a flipside to this, though, too, like review for fast food items that no longer exist. You can pick Youtube videos of commercials for stuff that is no longer on any menu, and be like "Oh, I remember that, it was hella good", only, you know, more elaborate than that, hopefully.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Redacted

Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 am

You've been slacking, Jeff.

Anyway, I tried the new Rolled Tacos at Taco Bell.

They're like deep-fried Taquitos.

They are garbage.

The dipping sauces are pretty bland, and no matter what you choose, it'll still seem like you're eating an overdone fishstick with a little bit of chicken in it.

If you want to give it a shot, give it a shot, but order some Plan B food just in case it doesn't work out.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, I'm not Jeff. Obviously. What I'm about to review isn't technically fast food as it isn't served up quickly by someone at a fast food place. But if you enjoy fast food I'm sure you've had experiences with Ramen noodles at some point in your life and there's a new flavor.

Chili.

Now there's two takes on chili flavored ramen. The Maruchan and Nissin brands. There may be others but those are the Coke and Pepsi of ramen noodles. I've tried them both and lived to tell my story:

Maruchan:
The spice bomb packet smells amazing. It smells like a Carolina dry rub. There's too much of it though. I think it has twice the spice of the Nissin chili ramen. When you take a bite the heat is overwhelming. It isn't going to make your eyes water but the flavor gets lost as a result. If you like to eat hot and spicy things this would be the ramen for you. Provided you can't find any of the....

Nissin:
This is the most interesting dish you can cook yourself for under a third of a dollar. The spice packet is much smaller than the Maruchan and isn't as fragrant. However the flavor that is unleashed when added to the ramen mimics a bowl of *gasp* chili. Your taste buds and olfactory will inform you that you're eating some pretty good chili while your tongue and teeth defiantly scream "There's no noodles in chili, this is ramen noodles, you must listen to us!".

I've eaten ramen noodles hundreds of times. Not until I had the Nissin chili flavor had I ever remarked upon how great a bowl of ramen tasted or bothered to recommend a ramen flavor to anyone. The depth of flavor isn't what you get from a good chili (like my wife makes) but it's the next best thing and fits any budget.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Hi, I'm not Jeff. Obviously. What I'm about to review isn't technically fast food as it isn't served up quickly by someone at a fast food place. But if you enjoy fast food I'm sure you've had experiences with Ramen noodles at some point in your life and there's a new flavor.

Chili.

Now there's two takes on chili flavored ramen. The Maruchan and Nissin brands. There may be others but those are the Coke and Pepsi of ramen noodles. I've tried them both and lived to tell my story:

Maruchan:
The spice bomb packet smells amazing. It smells like a Carolina dry rub. There's too much of it though. I think it has twice the spice of the Nissin chili ramen. When you take a bite the heat is overwhelming. It isn't going to make your eyes water but the flavor gets lost as a result. If you like to eat hot and spicy things this would be the ramen for you. Provided you can't find any of the....

Nissin:
This is the most interesting dish you can cook yourself for under a third of a dollar. The spice packet is much smaller than the Maruchan and isn't as fragrant. However the flavor that is unleashed when added to the ramen mimics a bowl of *gasp* chili. Your taste buds and olfactory will inform you that you're eating some pretty good chili while your tongue and teeth defiantly scream "There's no noodles in chili, this is ramen noodles, you must listen to us!".

I've eaten ramen noodles hundreds of times. Not until I had the Nissin chili flavor had I ever remarked upon how great a bowl of ramen tasted or bothered to recommend a ramen flavor to anyone. The depth of flavor isn't what you get from a good chili (like my wife makes) but it's the next best thing and fits any budget.

Speaking of noodles and chili, there's this regional stuff that's supposed to be great, which is spaghetti with chili on top. On paper, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, since it's just swapping one tomato-based sauce for another, but I can't get my head around it. These exist in frozen food product form at Walmart, and every time I pass them by, I just think "gross." Maybe it's good, though. I'll have to give it a shot before I leave KY.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 am

Anyone have the verdict on the new Taco Bell fries yet?

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 am

So, I stopped at KFC the other day, mostly because they've got a bathroom with soap and water. In order to compensate for using their amenities, I went ahead and ordered a coffee and a cup of mashed taters, then because I still had an hour to kill, I decided to try the 鸡肉火腿帕尼尼 (Chicken-meat-ham-panini).

The taters were freaking awesome, exactly what you'd probably get in the States--just a little cup, though, whereas I could have eaten a tub. The panini took long enough to make that they gave me a little pager to notify me when it was ready...which buzzed fifteen minutes after I ordered.

Now, the menu very specifically says 鸡肉火腿帕尼尼, so it was a little bit weird that the sando I got contained no chicken of the meat variety. Instead, I got a scrambled egg and ham sando. At 13 RMB, though, it was a pretty damned good egg and ham sando--with a big slice of tomato, real ham (not common here), mayo, melty fake cheese, and some sort of funky sweet-spicy mustard...all of that on fancy-ass toasted bread I don't know the name of, which is also not common here. Since there's no all-day breakfast here, I'm going to give this particular offering a pretty enthusiastic "quite OK." I'll probably try the combo again if I have to pee and feel classier than using the bushes in the local park.

(KFC's Sandwich+taters+Americano coffee=32 RMB, whereas a Big Mac+fries+cola=28.5 RMB, for those wondering about equivalencies.)

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby Absentia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Man, I wish they sold something like that at KFC here. The only familiar things about that experience are waiting forever for your food and not getting enough potatoes.

I tried Arby's loaded curly fries the other day. I don't say this often, but there was too much cheese. It swamped everything else. I thought bacon was supposed to be the selling point but there were only a few little bacon fragments floating in an ocean of fake cheddar cheese. Plus they committed the cardinal sin of putting ranch dressing on french fries.

Having said all that, it was salty and greasy and I'll probably get it again sometime. But I'll get some ketchup and tell them to hold the fucking ranch dressing.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 am

BROWNRECLUSE wrote:Anyone have the verdict on the new Taco Bell fries yet?

It's just like Checkers / Rally's fries, but they give you that cheese sauce. It's ... it's okay.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Arby's fire roasted philly sandwich is great.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Next