Sexual consent as tea.

General interest items found around the web.

Sexual consent as tea.

Postby phunkyfish » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:31 am

Thames Valley Police have a brilliant video about sexual consent, using the metaphor of tea.

Genius.

Last edited by sunglasses on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made link into embedded youtube
I was mocked for the esoteric items I occasionally had in my lunchbox.
phunkyfish
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Troubleshooter

Re: Sexual consent as tea.

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:59 pm

*runs into thread* did someone say tea?

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:13 pm

...only if you want a cup, good sir. I've heard a similar metaphor involving chocolate cake - whatever serves to help people better understand the nature of what is rape and what is consent is good stuff!

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:32 pm

I've seen infographs before on this, but this was better. The animation was perfect.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:48 pm

One bit of advice I'm going to wedge into this conversation is that people need to talk to each other about sexual consent. Part of the reason so much ignorance abounds regarding sex is that people often won't discuss it... even with someone they're FUCKING. (I don't get that.) If you hear about a rape accusation that makes you think "bullshit," don't be ashamed to talk to people about that and ask what they think. Try to stay away from crowds of random internet assgoblins - they don't handle these talks very well, of course - and stick to the people you know and trust. The more we talk about rape, the faster we can make that shit go away. To that end, fuck James Bond. I'm glad I was never into that sophomoric "male fantasy" bullshit and have never seen a James Bond movie. Rape is never cool or sexy, even if you're doing it politely while wearing a tuxedo and smelling of expensive cologne. Some of you folks seriously need to study on the difference between domination and sexual assault. Anyone who's confused on the subject would do well to listen to Kate - she's posted about that somewhere on this forum and I like to think she wouldn't mind answering tasteful questions. Otherwise, the internet will happily try to help, with or without kicking you in the crotch for asking.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby PSTN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 pm

In this analogy do people invite each other back to their place for sex as a euphemism for making a cup of tea?

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:02 pm

No, dear. In fact, we'd like you to review your training materials until you can pass Sunny's quiz assuring us that you still understand what goes into where.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Netflix and tea?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:32 pm

*blinks confusedly through a haze of misdemeanor smoke* I think Eric might owe someone a new computer. No, my darling cub, the tea does not go into the Netflix.. and vice versa!

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby PSTN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Just remember to use a cozy!

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Also, honey is never as good as you think it's gonna be. Stick with whipped cream if you wanna rub some flavor on it!

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:30 am

Sex is like tea, it can be hot, sweet or milky but I wouldn't know because I've never had it before.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby sunglasses » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:31 am

You mean you've never even made tea for yourself?

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Australia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:34 am

All the time. Why do you think my face is always burned? But I've never consented to drinking it and pour it down the sink. I know you think the metaphor has fallen apart but tell that to my clogged pipes.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Bromo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:48 am

This gives Mami Tomoe's valentine card whole new meaning.

Look, even her maidenhead is cut off!

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Next