The Kickstarter thread

General interest items found around the web.

The Kickstarter thread

Postby Tuli » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:50 am

A place to spread the word about Kickstarter projects that you want to see funded and think might be of interest to other TCSers too.

I was driven to start this thread out of selfish greed because I really want to have this graphic novel:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960216669/the-searcher-volume-1

Illustrated by two artists, Ryan Gutierrez and Jess Hara, one of my absolute favorite artists online. Since I know there's comic book fans here, maybe someone else will be interested in it too. ;)

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Re: The Kickstarter thread

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:02 pm

I was thinking about starting a kickstarter campaign where I could get a 1957 Ford Thunderbird. And I'd give rides to all those people who helped fund me.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: The Kickstarter thread

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 am

I'm resurrecting this thread because it's an awesome idea for a thread, but also because this game is woefully underfunded and is pretty damn awesome in concept, though execution would have to wait for the kickstarter to finish, which is expected of kickstarters, but a perfectly good reason not to pay the game developer if you feel that way.
Freak
It's a game whose player character is an autistic zombie. The developer is autistic and wants to make a game 'based on his experiences, but not really a game about autism.'

I'll let him talk about it himself here.
Note, the game's not about gamergate. That particular note I shared does the best job of explaining his game but also his own feelings on the environment around it (Gamergate). Please don't dismiss this out of hand just because he mentions or supports it. I'd like to think that TCSers would judge something and someone for their own merits, and not because they have a particular stance. I feel like this shouldn't need to be said, but you've all been on the internet long enough to understand why I'm saying it.

Also, zombies aren't overdone goddamnit.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier