Clickhole/Onion/ect

General interest items found around the web.

Clickhole/Onion/ect

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Clickhole is one of the greatest websites I've ever seen. It's from the Onion people, but I think it's even better than the Onion. Post your favorite Clickholes in this thread.

The very first thing I saw from them is this. They do a lot of parodies of common Upworthy style clickbait that's all over Facebook these days. This is a brilliant satire of something that really happened and that happens all the damn time.

Like the Onion they also do stuff about current events. Click here to see how to get naked celebrity photos.

If you only watch one of these videos, definitely don't let it be this one.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: Clickhole

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 am

I loved their article about about how people can be beautiful from the inside ... using pro wrestlers. Special mention goes to Kane and his Glenn Morshower looks, pwhoar. He can chokeslam me any time of the week ...

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby SlayerGoddess » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:19 am

Aah, another sarcastic site to waste time on; Cracked has been getting boring.

If I was braver I'd post this on my Facebook:

http://www.clickhole.com/article/7-othe ... en-you-917

I survived watching "50 Shades of Grey" for TCS Movie Night

3/7/15

NEVER FORGET
SlayerGoddess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: HER

Postby Suckerfish » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:07 am

Clickhole is goddamn amazing, it's been bumped onto my "websites that I go on almost every day" list. They are just so good at the beautiful, beautiful art of fake clickbaiting.
Two articles directed towards Ferguson, which are wonderful pieces of satire.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/10-bea ... rrests-798

http://www.clickhole.com/article/police ... better-777

Also their quizzes tend to be very hilarious, meta, and interesting affairs.

This one asking whether or not you are a good person, is a particular favorite.

Warning: The text above is probably misspelled, grammatically incorrect, and morally bankrupt. Reader discretion is advised. This is not a test. By reading this signature you waive your right to participate in a class action lawsuit.
Suckerfish
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: That Other Guy

Postby SlayerGoddess » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 am

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/can-m ... me-bus-874

Can A Man And A Woman Be ‘Just Passengers On The Same Bus’?

I survived watching "50 Shades of Grey" for TCS Movie Night

3/7/15

NEVER FORGET
SlayerGoddess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: HER

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:13 am

The quizzes crack me up, especially when you can share the results of "Did you talk to your old man about that idea I had?" with your friends. I wouldn't have found this without Tess's help, so I am indebted.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby CleverDick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:45 am

Eating the last ice cream made me think of this quiz.

Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Clickhole itself just liked my comment on Facebook.

WWS-Validate.jpg
WWS-Validate.jpg (110.09 KiB) Viewed 9981 times

Also, this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:00 pm

ONE WEIRD TRICK wrote:Ever since I became TOO MUSCULAR TO BREATHE COMFORTABLY, ravenous SWARMS OF WOMEN have been clawing at my SEETHING BULK because the CHISELED DEFINITION of my TWITCHING, ANGRY ABS drives them MAD WITH DESIRE. These WOMEN have turned my life into a LUSTY HELLSCAPE. I live in constant fear of THE WOMEN WHO HUNT ME, and it all happened in just TWO WEEKS!

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey look. Is this what forums call 'Necro-ing'? Cuz I'm just gonna say that site is BRILLIANT. It's like an entire site of the '7 best things' article or the catalog articles or Man Comics Ad Pages.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby CleverDick » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:28 am

You know, I'm not sure whether watching this after reading Felix Clay's bullying article makes this better or worse.
http://www.clickhole.com/video/teen-has ... s-tot-1236

Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

Postby Jack Road » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:43 pm

A lot of hate was generated over this video, but I enjoyed it, because it highlighted something that has become apparent. People still react to bullying...as it was I guess? Was it ever like that? Or do we just think it was because of TV and movies?

Bullying is not the dumb jock versus the smart but socially awkward geek anymore. If it ever was. Rarely is bullying even one on one anymore.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Jack Road wrote:A lot of hate was generated over this video, but I enjoyed it, because it highlighted something that has become apparent. People still react to bullying...as it was I guess? Was it ever like that? Or do we just think it was because of TV and movies?

Bullying is not the dumb jock versus the smart but socially awkward geek anymore. If it ever was. Rarely is bullying even one on one anymore.

A lot of people interpreted this video as pro-bully, but it's not about bullying at all. Like 99% of Clickhole, it's a satire of nothing more than the internet itself. It's mocking the fact that we expect videos on the internet to be inspiring and stand up for what's right. We don't expect statements from a bully to go viral.

It's about what's popular online. What's popular is feel-good content that seems scripted and predictable. It's kind of nice to see good things happening to good people, but on the other hand it's also superficial and contributes nothing of real value to my life. Ultimately it's nothing more than clickbait. Hence "Clickhole." We are not the consumer, the advertisers are the consumer and we are the product.

The fact that Clickhole made this point in a way that so many people found offensive only makes me like this video more. Does that mean I'm terrible? If it does I don't want to be non-terrible. ALL HAIL CLICKHOLE.

Also, something recently happened in the Clickhole comments that reminds me of the good old days of Cracked comments.

Spoiler: show
retardant.jpg
retardant.jpg (720.9 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
Spoiler: show
Edit: I wasn't going to post this because I've been posting a great deal of my own comments, but whatever I'm posting it anyway.

freewilly.jpg
freewilly.jpg (847.43 KiB) Viewed 9900 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Well this just happened. https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/524951034842845184
About 2.5 GGs outraged and 7 or 9 non-GG taking it at face value in the comments as of this writing. The meta-humor value of a clickbait site satirizing clickbait sites publishing a clickbait article about what's atleast 50% a reaction to the clickbait nature of the original sites is just confusing.
Good to see one of the first replies being nah, satire's fine though.
And the most awesome reply is "That's neither funny nor clever. Stop fishing for clicks."

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 pm

It didn't seem like a click bait article to me.

Please don't hurt me.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Next