Videos that give you the "Feels"

General interest items found around the web.

Re: Videos that give you the "Feels"

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 am

Souffle put this in the instasync the other day. It was apparently a top post on Reddit, and what's interesting is, although it's the perfect ad for Johnnie Walker, it was made on spec and is not official. But it's beautifully shot, acted, scored, and narrated, and coming into my first family reunion in over three years (everyone just sort of quit doing it for a little bit there), the poem in particular strikes me.

Walking the roads of our youth through the land of our childhood, our home and our truth / Be near me, guide me always, stay beside me so I can be free, free / Let’s roam this place familiar and vast our playground of green frames, our past / We were wanderers never lost, always home / When every place was fenceless and time was endless our ways were always the same / Cool my demons and walk with me brother until our roads lead us away from each other / And if your heart’s full of sorrow, keep walking / Don’t rest / And promise me from heart to chest to never let your memories die / Never / I will always be alive and by your side in your mind / I’m free.

Spoiler: show
Johnny Threefour 5 days ago
Never been so inspired to continue with my alcoholism before.

Oh YouTube, never change

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby OrwellianSouffle » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:17 am

Notch shared this one on instasynch,

and this one, ignore the ending.

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed tag to youtube=hidden
OrwellianSouffle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: ButtCommander

Postby Bromo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 am

From a sad movie where a dog doesn't die for once, but if you think you're going to make it out dry-eyed, this video will prove you wrong.

MAJOR SPOILER - Mawaru-Penguindrum

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 am

Roflface wrote:

This is quite literally one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Yeah, a private video always makes me "feel".

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm

"If you want to know the ending of this story click here"
*clicks*
"This video does not exist"

Dammit Kevin, I have to know what happened. Although right now I have to go and find some tissues.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby DanteHoratio » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:27 pm

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm

CarrieVS wrote:"If you want to know the ending of this story click here"
*clicks*
"This video does not exist"

Dammit Kevin, I have to know what happened. Although right now I have to go and find some tissues.

Yeah Kevin, do you happen to know which movie it was from? (looks vaguely familiar)

EDIT:

Here it is
On the way back home, Ryota and his sister Aya met an abandoned Shiba Inu. At first reluctant to adopt it because their father hates dogs, they eventually brought it home secretly because the dog kept on following them home. In order to officially keep the dog at home, Aya told her grandfather that she wanted that dog for her birthday present. Since he promised to give her anything she wants for her birthday, he reluctantly agreed. This initially led to a quarrel between him and his son. Meanwhile, his son, is considering moving to Nagaoka city from Yamakoshi, their village, reduce the time needed for his father to reach the hospital and for the children to live near their school, despite opposition from his father. Aya subsequently names the dog Mari, and it becomes a part of the family.

A year later, Mari gave birth to three puppies. That spring, animals behaved strangely, foreshadowing something major to come. On October 23, 2004, a major earthquake, which later became known as the Chūetsu earthquake struck and devastated the whole village. At that time, only grandfather and Aya were at home, and they were pinned down by a wardrobe that collapsed onto them. Mari quickly moved her puppies to a safe place before trying to help the two of them in the house.

Meanwhile, Ryota, who was in school, and his father were safe. They immediately went to the emergency shelter, where they heard that Yamakoshi became isolated after the earthquake, thereby making it hard for rescuers. Subsequently, rescuers from the Japan Self-Defense Forces started combing the village and evacuating people by helicopter. Mari noticed two such rescuers and eventually led them to Aya and her grandfather. Thanks to Mari, the two of them were successfully extracted from the wreckage. Her grandfather had lost a lot of blood, and therefore the pair was evacuated by air. However, just when Aya was about to be evacuated, she asked that Mari be evacuated along as well. Her rescuer reluctantly refuses this request, and seeing her pain at being separated from the dog, he felt extremely bad. He even apologizes to her when they met again at the emergency shelter. Without its owner, Mari tries all ways and means to protect her puppies and feed them properly. It also waited patiently for the return of its owner.

One day, Aya read in a newspaper that torrential rain would soon flood Yamakoshi and became worried about Mari. She convinces Ryota to sneak into the disaster zone in order to rescue Mari. Together they sneaked off into the devastated village, but they have difficulties navigating through the debris there. To make things worse, they also had to contend with aftershocks and the heavy rain. In this treacherous terrain, Aya cuts her foot, making it painful for her to carry on. She later runs a high fever, and Ryota panics, unsure of what to do in this situation. Luckily, someone who had seen them leaving the shelter had told their father of their whereabouts, and their father managed to find them after a long search.

After this incident, Aya did not mention about Mari anymore. When the aftershocks subsided, each family was able to send one representative to go into the village to survey the damage and to collect personal items. Since everyone at the shelter had heard the story of Mari, some people forgo their places to let Ryota and Aya search for Mari again. After a long search, there was no sign that Mari or its three puppies were alive. Just when they were about to give up, a puppy appears, followed by the rest of the dogs. The family happily took back the dogs to the shelter amid applause from the villagers.

In 2005, the family moved into a temporary shelter and life for them more or less returns to normal. Mari also lives there with her three puppies.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Ladki96 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:05 pm

:cry:

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:39 am

phpBB [video]

Well I cried.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby Midas Burroughs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:32 am

There is a butt in this video.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Postby Tuli » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 am

Unofficial but professional quality music video for a Son Lux song. The ending of the video packs the biggest punch for me.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:49 pm

This gives me all sorts of feelings, good feelings.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 am

This friggin video. This stupid dumbshit goddamn motherf

sorry, lots of feels right now

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 am

Man punches kangaroo in the face [to save dog].

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext