Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake: Uncharted fan project

General interest items found around the web.

Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake: Uncharted fan project

Postby 52xMax » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 am

Just in case you were wondering if this is composed of Firefly clips or something, no. This is an entirely original, 15 minute short made by director Allan Ungar.

This is very unofficial, in no way sanctioned by the makers/owners of the game, but I can't think of a better person for the role than Captain tightpants himself.

Enjoy!

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Re: Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake: Uncharted fan project

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 am

Well this is pretty much perfect. Fillion's exactly the guy to play Drake, from the likeness to the voice -- and trademark sarcasm -- to the way he moves and fights. Mircea Monroe isn't who I'd pick for Elena (Emily Rose, the actress in the games, is physically similar enough that she could probably just do it), and Stephen Lang, while talented, is a bit gruff for Sully and doesn't really sell his corny catchphrases; but I don't think I'd mind seeing either of them in a full Uncharted film.

The letterboxing sliding up for the shooting segment toward the end got a silent giggle out of me, as did the El Dorado and Shambhala references -- if only because it's so rare for any kind of film adaptation, fan or otherwise, to slot itself into the source material's timeline instead of trying and failing to soft reboot the whole thing.

I sincerely hope this takes off the way Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool test footage did, and convinces some bigwig to finance a full movie with Fillion et al rather than moving forward with whatever godforsaken project they have in development hell (last I heard, they were planning a "Young Drake" film with Tom Holland? Which... I love Tom Holland, but come on). Get Amy Hennig or Neil Druckmann in the writers' room and keep the game references, and you're in business.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Re: Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake: Uncharted fan project

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 am

I do know know this game but this video is fun.
One of the goons looks familiar too. I cannot place him, but want to say Better Call Saul.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player