Youtubers You're Subscribed To.

General interest items found around the web.

Youtubers You're Subscribed To.

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 am

Almost everybody watches YouTube and a lot of us are subscribed to the content creators on the site. List the ones you're subscribed to. They can be from any genre, from music to comedy to even political channels. FYI, please don't start debating/arguing about politics if someone lists a political channel. Thanks.

Here are some of the YouTubers I'm subscribed to are:

Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyWDmy ... KF-ofFsT5Q

Erik reads YouTube comments (and sometimes comments from other sites) and then posts his own hilarious and ridiculous comments. It's a simple format, but it's a great channel.

Videos I recommend:

Music Videos
Soy Boys
Advertisements

Imaginary Ambition: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5bYR ... 3AVoMekz9g

A comedic "How To" channel that explains how to play music in certain genres or even as certain music artists.

Videos I recommend:

How To XXXTentacion
How To Marshmello
How To Lil Yachty

videogamedunkey: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvn_P ... hJYOWpOxMg

A comedic Let's Player. Uses a lot of absurd and surrealist humor, but it lands a lot of the time.

Videos I recommend: All of them.

Wisecrack: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-ymY ... UWnWh9ZzEQ

Wisecrack is a channel that explores and discusses several forms of media (books, movies, video games, television, etc.) through an analytical and even philosophical lens.

Videos I recommend:

The Philosophy of Archer – Wisecrack Edition
Hidden Meaning in Pixar’s UP – Earthling Cinema
Stephen King’s IT (Book) – Thug Notes Summary & Analysis

Philip DeFranco: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClFSU9 ... 6OYfTt5SPw

A guy who talks about the news and pop culture. He's not a reporter or a news channel. He's more of a news aggregator, kinda sorta. He presents the news, discusses it. He tries to be as fair and unbiased as possible. Good to follow if you wanna stay on top of things.

Filthy Frank: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkitAB ... NqceQdDXtg

A YouTuber that engages in offensive and strange humor. Imagine shitposting mixed with edgelord tryharding in video form and you pretty much got it. The funny thing? It works. Mostly because he's kinda, sorta parodying internet culture and there's often a punchline. The guy is actually a character: the real Filthy Frank has been described as a decent guy. He quit the show for health concerns and because he stopped enjoying making the content.

Despite the shitposting, there's an actual story. It doesn't make much sense at times.

Videos I recommend:

Pimp My Wheelchair
TERIYAKI GOD
PINK GUY - HITLER'S EVIL SON

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Re: Youtubers You're Subscribed To.

Postby JamishT » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 am

Oh man, I love YouTube!

First and foremost, y'all should subscribe to this guy even though he's quite inconsistent and is trying a little too hard sometimes.

I can second FTC's recommendation of Philip DeFranco. I disagree with him sometimes, but I respect him deeply. If you like him, also watch his office vlogs where you get to know his team and shenanigans reign supreme. Also, his wife inconsistently posts vlogs and I DON'T KNOW WHY I LOVE HER VIDEOS SO MUCH.

I enjoy Boyinaband (music, social commentary, fraud busting, and classic Britishness) , community channel (incredibly dry humor, 10+ year YT veteran), and Tesss Violet (musician, life vlogs, OG YTber) even though they don't post much at all anymore.

Drew Gooden is a guy who popped up in my recommendeds one day, and I enjoy his wit, humor, and intelligence. His videos are long, which is surprising since he came from Vine (he is sane, don't worry), but they rarely get boring.

Recommended:
Dumb Life Hacks
Exposure of Shady Instagram Scams

First We Feast is a food centric channel that also regularly does celebrity interviews. The interview questions have a lot of research behind them and fueled by increasingly spicy chicken wings. It gets insane. The food centered videos range from a host trying a variety of foods, to profiles of restaurants.

Recommended:
The History And Construction Of Regional Burgers
Rachael Ray Interview
Terry Crews eats hot sauce so hot that it makes him hallucinate

FBE is somewhat controversial, mainly because people can't let stuff go (the founders tried to become THE react channel through reporting other channels and a big ol plan, much to everyone's anger, then they realized their mistake, apologized profusely, and backed off). React videos are dumb, but I like them.

Jacksfilms has been on YouTube for over 10 years. He is sassy, funny, and uses his audience to make most of his content. He once shitposted about The Emoji Movie so much that they invited him to the world's premiere. Also he makes his own music and is pretty humble.

Recommended:
Wherein he asked his fans to write his wedding vows
ALEXANDER HAMILTON

A friend of mine is funny and has multiple chronic illnesses. She's gained far more subs than I have, but I guess I'll link her channel anyway.

Sugar Pine 7 won a popular vote against like 5 other well established channels, even though the channel was about 9 months old. The channel was the personal channel of a Minecrafter turned host for Super Panic Frenzy and SourceFed, who decided to make fake vlogs with his friends after SourceFed's demise. There are story arcs, solid cinematography, and wild swings between absurd humor and all the feelings, and a few random music videos.

Recommended:
Where it all began
Where James Buckley joins the cast

Vet Ranch posts videos of dogs and cats being saved from death by a veterinary clinic somewhere in Texas (I think?). The procedures are paid for by donations and the income from their videos, so you feel even better for watching their gross-ass-but-fascinating videos.

I have other subscriptions, but I've already wrote enough!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:39 am

Gigguk, Babish, Townsends, GMM

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 pm

ryukahr mostly for his Mario play.

I'm considering subbing to CarlSagan42 for the same reason. He's a microbiologist who plays Mario Maker puzzles in his spare time.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby KleinerKiller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 am

I subscribe to too many YouTubers I want to highlight. Here are some of them, in completely random order. I've profiled a few in two previous threads about YouTubers (underappreciated ones and gaming ones, I believe), so in the interest of "brevity" I'll keep it to those I haven't talked about before... with the exception of this first one.

- Super Best Friends Play (and related solo channels: Matt McMuscles, Pat Stares At / Peachsaliva, WoolieVersus, and RISING SUPERSTREAM): Probably my favorite YouTubers out there, whatever their flaws. They're three Canadian buddies (formerly four; Liam left the group in 2016, but is still friends with them) who do fairly standard Let's Plays, usually at a half-hour per video. It's the chemistry in the various match-ups between them and the differing personalities they bring to the game that make each playthrough and one-off hilarious. Also, one of the few YouTube channels whose comments sections usually aren't trashfires and are sometimes actively fun to read.

Recommended:
Xcom 2 Playthrough (AKA Military Dumbshittery, Race Traitors, and Cascade Failures)
Rustlemania - Hulk Hogan's Main Event Kinect
NBA 2k16: Livin' Da Dream Playthrough

- JeremyJahns: A peppy, charming movie reviewer who approaches films as an audience member rather than a critic and forgoes any traditional number rating system in favor of giving clear thoughts. Also covers his thoughts on trailers, in-depth spoilers, and the occasional TV season. He's been my go-to movie guy for years and he's only gotten better.

Recommended:
Get Out - Movie Review
Fifty Shades Freed - Movie Review

- Super Eyepatch Wolf: An incredibly mellow, smooth-talking Irishman who primarily covers anime and a wide variety of topics surrounding it, but occasionally branches out to Western animation, video games, and films. Regardless of the topic, his videos are always well researched, well presented, intellectually stimulating, and just plain fun to sit back and watch.

Recommended:
The Fall of Bleach: How It Happened
What Makes a Villain Feel Real?
Why You Should Watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

- Shammy: A sarcastic, deadpan, genre-savvy and very foul-mouthed game reviewer who's rapidly risen to the top level of my favorite reviewers. Using a picture of an expressive owl to represent himself, he packs in his intelligent praises and criticisms of games with wonderful metaphors, visual puns, and loads of self-deprecation. I stopped watching Zero Punctuation because Yahtzee was too egotistical and biased for my taste, but this guy's got the same rapid-fire caustic wit, just a lot fairer and more open.

Recommended:
An Actual Re-Review of No Man's Sky (Foundation Update)
An Actual Review of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
An Actual Review of Titanfall 2

- CryptTV: An indie horror filmmaking channel funded by Eli Roth and Jason Blum, Crypt TV is a showcase of what happens when you give a startup director with a unique idea for a short film the budget to make it work. Absolutely vital for any horror fans who want a quick new dose of frights every few days -- some shorts are obviously better than others, but the ones that hit really hit home.

Recommended:
The Birch
One Please
The Look-See (series)

- 2h32: An up-and-coming horror channel that I immediately fell in love with, and which deserves way more attention. Each video shows off a brief vignette of remarkably well-constructed tension building, eerie imagery, nightmare logic, and very subtle cues that form a sense of non-linear storytelling; the amount of clear skill and effort compensates for the visibly small budget. Also, each vid is exactly two minutes and thirty-two seconds long (or as close as YouTube's upload allows) and each is released at 2:32am on the 23rd of each month, so there's dedication to the motif.

Recommended:
2h32 (the first upload, and a clever sort of trailer for things that get developed later)
Origin

- FourStarBento: A spinoff channel of Team Four Star (the folks behind Dragon Ball Z Abridged) and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged), dedicated mostly to weekly discussions on currently airing anime between three wonderfully snarky hosts.

Recommended:
Pretty Much All of Anime FMK

- Kiwo: An unhinged young British woman does weird gaming stuff, usually in short bursts (mostly stream highlights) and tending to involve either roleplay or fucking with unaware people.

Recommended:
No tears [DayZ]
Trish Baggs: Finding Babsquatch [GTAV RP]

- Pluffnub: A wonderful, terrible guy who takes songs and modifies some aspect of them to sound ever so slightly off, with results I almost always find both hilarious and deeply unsettling.

Recommended:
Toto - Africa (Vocals 1 Step Out of Key & Off Beat)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh) (Guitar 2% Slower)
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Vocals 1 Step Out of Key)

- Binging With Babish: Cooking enthusiast, Frasier fanboy, and all-around swell guy Andrew Rea recreates dishes both mundane and bizarre from famous media. Whether you like cooking and want some unique new recipes to try, or you just want to watch a guy methodically assemble a grotesquely overstuffed burrito and approximate a cannibalized leg, it's an all-around lovely watch and one of my favorite "chill-out" channels.

Recommended:
Homer Simpson's Patented Space-Age Out-of-This-World Moon Waffles
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Special
Taco Town & Behind the Scenes

- Ralphthemoviemaker: A caustic film critic in the vein of Your Movie Sucks, but actually talented and less pretentiously bitchy. I don't agree with everything he puts forward, but his praises and takedowns are still hilarious to watch.

Recommended:
Reasons SPECTRE Sucks!
THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION - Mystery Diners

- Gigguk: An anime critic with a lovely voice who does reviews, discussions, and parodies. I only found him recently, but I can strongly recommend him.

Recommended:
KonoSuba: Why Is It Funny?
My Hero Academia - How To Do A Tournament Arc
If Anime Studios Were People

- Joseph Anderson: A total 180 from my other recommendations, except by virtue of intelligence in criticism, Joseph Anderson is an author and gaming fan who makes multi-hour videos going into detail about the positives and failings of whatever game he's talking about. His videos are very long and pretty dry, but they're nonetheless incredibly fascinating time sinks, especially when he picks into details nobody else is talking about.

Recommended:
Prey - A Critique of the Mind Game
The Witness - A Great Game That You Shouldn't Play
Fallout 4 - One Year Later

(and very much seconding Jacksfilms because Jamish did a good job of explaining him)

Last edited by KleinerKiller on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:32 am

Third-ing Babish. Also...

A few videos from Numberphile have been linked here before. They talk about math and numerical stuff, and present it in a fairly accessible way. Also see the related channels singingbanana (more math stuff from one of the regular Numberphile contributors), standupmaths (math & stand-up comedy from someone who's done a few Numberphile videos), and MindYourDecisions (explaining mathematical/logical puzzles and things).

Lifertube is from a Facebook group that I'm not active in anymore, wherein members occasionally post interesting music they've found. Mostly heavy metal or ambient stuff.

QualiaSoup and TheraminTrees are brothers who mainly post videos on atheism, logic, and the scientific method.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:40 am

More YouTubers I'm subscribed to.

Enter The Dojo Show: https://www.youtube.com/user/EnterTheDojoShow

A comedy show about a guy that "teaches" a made up American martial art. It used to be a The Office-style show, but lately their videos have been short but fun things.

Videos I recommend:

How to Punch a Nazi
When To Take A Knee
How to Fight an Illegal Alien

How To Basic: https://www.youtube.com/user/HowToBasic

THE How To parody channel. He starts the video off normally, showing you how to do something, then it goes completely insane, with him throwing eggs, setting things on fire, and general madness. Simple format, but it works.

Videos I recommend:

How To Paint a Realistic Eye
How To Make a Candle
How To Mine Bitcoin

Super Bunnyhop: https://www.youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow

One of the few, if not only, game reviewers I'm subscribed to. Aside from game reviews, he covers other topics such as story discussion, the game community and any effects it feels when something major happens, and even some journalism (he discussed how game companies evade taxes, for example).

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby AboveGL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Channel Awesome is a no brainer.

I follow a lot of ASMR and science channels.

It's a shame VSauce/Michael rarely releases any free videos, so nowadays I get most of my STEM related stuff from Numberphile/Computerphile, Braincraft, Kurzgesagt, ASAPScience, 3Blue1Brown and Physics Girl. If I had to pick my favourite videos from the bunch, I'd choose The Feigenbaum Constant or 3Blue1Brown's series on Calculus.

Origin of Everything is a criminally underrated channel and I urge everyone to check it out.

I'm also subscribed to Hello Future Me for his videos on the Avatar universe. My favourites are about the chakras, which is a lead-up to explaining how:

Spoiler: show
Amon removed bending abilities, something barely alluded to in TLOK.

I'm subscribed to Polymatter and Tom Scott for a variety of random interesting facts presented in short and engaging bite-size videos. One of my favourite Tom Scott videos covers the privacy scare with Pokemon Go, and though it's old news, it's well worth watching for the fakemon (?) alone.

I'm unashamedly a fan of Gibi. I know Tess' ASMR video didn't get overwhelmingly positive feedback from people here, but it really helps me relax and wind down to sleep at night. I discovered Gibi at random in a list of Instagram recommendations and immediately loved her cosplay, but wasn't aware she did ASMR until someone linked her LiS Chloe roleplay. I came to love her unique creativity in her roleplay videos, became a patron/Twitch subscriber and I'm an active part of the Discord community. The fans (AKA "giblets") are very warm, welcoming and friendly, though never a full replacement for TCS.

Finally, I follow a select few creative channels. I love Aaron Rutten and RapidFireArt's drawing tutorials and general tips. If anyone can recommend me other similar channels, I'm interested!

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby DanteHoratio » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:35 am

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby Krashlia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 am

Overly Sarcastic Productions

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:54 am

Dark 5 is pretty awesome. I'm not subscribed but I've watched enough of their vids that I may as well.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 pm

EDIT: I just realized AboveGL already mentioned Computerphile. So I'll just second that recommendation.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DanteHoratio » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 am

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby AboveGL » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

AboveGL wrote:I'm unashamedly a fan of Gibi. I know Tess' ASMR video didn't get overwhelmingly positive feedback from people here, but it really helps me relax and wind down to sleep at night.

If anyone IS interested, I can recommend a couple of Gibi's videos. Her Grudge Match and Lorelei roleplays are among the best things I've seen for creativity and laughs alone, so might be worth watching whether or not you're into ASMR. I also recommend Danny Docile, whose videos might trigger more laughs more than tingles.

I've recently checked out SciShow who have some pretty cool videos.

On a final note, I forgot to share one of my favourite Vsauce videos that covers the different types of infinity. Depending on how much you're into maths, that may be more effective at sending you to sleep than ASMR. I find the video absolutely riveting.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm

I like Gotcha the Cockatoo, the channel uploads nice and happy videos :) The parrot says the silliest things sometimes

Call Me Kevin is a fun gamer to watch ^^ and so is Sorenova

SorrowTV's reading of reddit subs is funny :P

Alex Meyers makes fun of teen shows and talks about his life sometimes

Internet Historian narrates famous internet incidents:

bill wurtz is also awesome /o/

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Next