Soren Bowie is leaving Cracked

General interest items found around the web.

Re: Soren Bowie is leaving Cracked

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:04 pm

Goodbye, sweet prince. I will miss seeing your deeply gorgeous face on my computer screen on a regular basis.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Soren Bowie is leaving Cracked after nearly eight years.

Postby drn211 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Wong posted the following on Friday in the Cracked forums

Soren Bowie has gotten a job writing for the animated network comedy American Dad, and will be leaving the site as of next week. From his Facebook, a message he posted just hours after telling us to keep it a secret:

"I have some bittersweet news to share with fans of Cracked: After nearly 8 years, I will be hanging up my keyboard and leaving the site. I still love Cracked dearly and everyone who works there but I've been offered the incredible opportunity to write for the hit television comedy program American Dad.

I will forever be indebted to Cracked for giving me a home to write and make jokes about anything I want with comically little oversight. The brand puts a tremendous amount of trust in the talent and ideas of its creative team and I recognize how rare that is in any job, particularly when I tested their faith by writing about fighting turkeys outside a Bennigan's or going drunk birding in the L.A. River. It's been an honor to work with some of the smartest, most naturally funny people I've ever met and there are very few things that could tear me away from that environment, the hit television comedy program American Dad being at the top of that list. To the site that has given me so much I say this: Please tell facilities that there is some significant damage to the wall where I hung up my keyboard, it took me four tries before I found a stud.

Thank you all for being so supportive and I will continue trying to make you laugh, the only difference being that it will be harder to listen to my jokes from the comfort of your toilet."

He noted later in the thread that no discussion has happened yet as far as After Hours is concerned.

drn211
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 am

You know Wong's little comment at the end there sounds a bit passive aggressive tbh "From his Facebook, a message he posted just hours after telling us to keep it a secret"

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:46 am

I, too, enjoy writing for the Hit Television Comedy Program American Dad.

No not really, but don't you think it's weird that he uses that phrase twice in the quoted post? As though people won't know that American Dad is a comedy show?

Also Taluun is right, it does seem backhanded to be like "he told us to keep it secret then posted on Facebook about it". But I don't really find anything Wong says surprising any more.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Yeah I am guessing that might be contract related if anything. It did stand out to me tho.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Previous