Youtubers

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Youtubers

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Since it's been a subject lately, I'm curious who else avails themselves of the gamer tubes of yous, and what channels you frequent. Myself, it's Dashiegames and Jesse Cox

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: Youtubers

Postby SilverMaple » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 am

Many a True Nerd is probably my favourite. Jon does games with special rule sets, like a no guns run of Mass Effect, or my personal favourite, a "kill everything" playthrough of Fallout New Vegas (which is exactly what it sounds like). He's really funny, has a great accent, and seems like an all around good guy.

I also like Gopher, who is really good for info on the modding/technical aspects of the Fallout games or Skyrim.

And of course, when I'm in the mood for something completely ridiculous, there's Robbaz. Even if you aren't crazy about the Sims games, his Sims 3 series is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Youtube, and I love his character creation videos and cooking videos.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby Absentia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 am

Does Penny Arcade count? Because I'm a fan of First 15 and Acquisitions, Inc. I also watch SaffronOlive's MtG videos.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:44 am

The Competitionist and Super Beard Bros
Super Couch Fighters
Jesse Cox
PeanutButterGamer
SpaceHamster
Jimmy Whetzel
BrutalMoose
Mark Brown - Game Makers Toolkit
Extra Credits
Super Best Friends

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 am

FluffyNinjaLlama

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 am

Straightforward LPers: TheRPGMinx is one of my longtime favorites for her acidic British wit, general skill level, and being an almost sociopathically good liar in deception-based games. I also love Cryaotic for his sexily smooth voice, chill demeanor, and unpredictable sense of humor. John Wolfe (the artist formerly known as HarshlyCritical) is great simply for being more serious and honest than a lot of big horror gamers, and for always giving intelligent criticism when he plays bad games. And while Markiplier doesn't often make me laugh like he did when I was younger, I still subscribe to him because he's a genuinely great person who deserves the success he's earned, and I look up to him quite a bit.

Groups: As Pumpkin mentioned, you can't go wrong with the Super Best Friends -- they're consistently hilarious no matter which combination of members are in a video, and I've come to see them as a more adult and less obnoxious Game Grumps (whom I also still like, mainly for Danny, but I can only stand Arin for so long). Vinesauce is great for both streams and standalone videos, and you can find both the standard and the utterly absurd depending on whose channel you're on. I'm also a big fan of the Yogscast (especially the main guys, Hannah, and Zoey) even though their best days are behind most of them.

Miscellaneous weird shit: I sub to Polygon just for Monster Factory, a weekly series with two hilarious brothers pushing the limits of various games' character customization to horrifying extremes and watching the results play out. BedBananas, meanwhile, is one of the most criminally underrated Tubers I've ever seen -- his videos alternate between fairly standard gameplay clips and extremely well-edited montages that have clearly had weeks of effort pounded into them (some of my favorites being his Hitman series and his Fallout 4 trilogy) and can be anything from surreally funny to weirdly profound.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Bromo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 am

Whoisthisgit
Mixeli
Unassuming Venusaur
Pimpnite
Retro Zen
ItchyBackside
Mamodxx
GameXplain
The Algamist
Little Z
StylesX2
Dragon Smash
Halvencyon
False Swipe Gamer
The Official Pokémon Channel
Yandere Dev
Lythero
Censored Gaming
MoogleBoss
CarlSagan42
Overhazard
Dekap

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby Tuli » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:59 am

PBS Space Time
Sixty Symbols - science education channel with short videos on various concepts
Deep Sky Videos - same thing but astronomy only
Anton Petrov - more space-related videos, using Universe Sandbox and Space Engine
Brian Kibler - Hearthstone videos from a streamer who's great at explaining his plays and takes everything with humor instead of salt

I didn't realize this thread was supposed to be just about gaming Youtubers until I had already typed out this post, and now I feel like I can't just let all that effort go to waste. So educate yourselves!

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:52 am

Ryukahr - Imo the most entertaining Mario Maker player. His reactions can be priceless. Not in a screaming tantrum flip out like a bratty child way like some other players.

Little Z - Got hooked on his "is OP" Smash videos. They're hilarious and very well produced. I've watched them all at least 10 times each.

Dragon Smash - Top 10 videos for Smash Bros. Examples are best plays by a character, craziest footstool combos, top spikes, top team plays and more. Jaw dropping stuff if you're into Smash Bros.

Summoning Salt - Videos about the history behind world record runs in games. You can find out how Super Mario 64 went from requiring 70 stars (like Nintendo intended!) to complete all the way to not requiring you to pick up even one star before beating Bowser.

Shesez - Boundary Break is a very cool series. Checking out things in games that weren't meant to be seen by players.

I highly recommend the last two to anyone who is a fan of gaming. The others are pretty specific to Smash and Mario Maker.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Just discovered Wilburgur. His Oblivion series featuring Autism-Cat is hysterical.

Robbaz is also a great Youtuber as well.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 am

SilverMaple wrote:
I also like Gopher, who is really good for info on the modding/technical aspects of the Fallout games or Skyrim.

Good shout. I also enjoy Skyttz, Tomminfinite and Xilandro (who unfortunately doesn't appear active nor set to release any more standalone features from Project B42).

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep