Dear VG Diary~

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Dear VG Diary~

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 am

November 30th

Rogue Legacy:
Still going through the tower, level 130ish

Megadimension Neptunia VII:
Cleared the Sakura Park and beat the giant

Princess Evangile:
Currently at chapter 11, still the common route

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Irishjava » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 pm

November 30th, 2016
Overwatch: Dominated our first couple placement matches, but our internet was spotty (we had tornadoes!) so we did some quick play instead. I really missed ranked, people actually use voice chat and appreciate my timely Zarya bubbles. A friendly Genji kept doing the comm wheel "Thanks!" after I did anything and it felt nice.

Titanfall 2: After my wife went to bed, I played two matches of multiplayer. People are already REALLY GOOD at this game, but I had a better feel for it by the second match. Wall running over someone and casually shotgunning them en route is very satisfying.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:31 am

Pikachu's Fun-Time Island Vacation Solar - Grinding through island three. I have to say I miss the days when Professor Oak gave you a Squirtle and a Pokedex and said "See you when you beat the game". Having these idiot NPCs hold my hand the whole way is getting old.

Invisible, Inc. - Got through the end of day 3 mission, which is where the DLC campaign diverges from the regular one. Wasn't prepared for all the extra armor on the guards, so it was pretty much an all-sneaking affair and it got hella tense. I was afraid I was going to sacrifice an agent to lead the guards away while everyone else escaped, but fortunately Draco is OP and I was able to sprint him around like a cheetah without losing him.

SpaceChem - Found the fusion puzzles less brain-melty than the sensor puzzles. Even got the achievement (and a smug sense of self-satisfaction) for beating one level with only two reactors. My guess is that this isn't going to last.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:01 am

Skyrim: I've been playing as a Dunmer vampire (with the Better Vampires mod). Some Nord told me that us foreigners are the reason for all of Skyrim's problems (#MakeSkyrimGreatAgain #Skyrexit).

... I was getting a bit thirsty anyway. :twisted:

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 am

December 1st

Rogue Legacy:
Still the tower, getting a bit better

Princess Evangile:
Have started working towards Rise's route

It was a school day, so not much gaming today~

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 am

FTL: Faster Than Light - trying to work through every ship class I haven't fully completed (victory with all layouts and all ship achievements) on Normal difficulty. Have been stuck on the Zoltan class for some time now, but I managed to get the wretched Noether (B layout, only Zoltan ship remaining) as far as the flagship yesterday. I might even have made it if they hadn't hacked my weapons.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 pm

CarrieVS wrote:FTL: Faster Than Light - trying to work through every ship class I haven't fully completed (victory with all layouts and all ship achievements) on Normal difficulty. Have been stuck on the Zoltan class for some time now, but I managed to get the wretched Noether (B layout, only Zoltan ship remaining) as far as the flagship yesterday. I might even have made it if they hadn't hacked my weapons.

I done it. In fact I did it easily, in spite of having pretty mediocre weapons, all told.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Irishjava » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:48 pm

December 1st, 2016
Overwatch: Played until 2am to get ranked, landed with a decent-but-well-below-last-season 2475 SR. We've got some ladder climbing to do. One win tonight and I'll hit Platinum tier, though the general competence of the Gold players this season is way up from last time. Play of the night was an overtime Graviton Surge on point B Anubis that snagged 5 players, into which a friendly D.Va self destructed for a team kill. We won that game.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:58 pm

December 2nd

Rogue Legacy:
Made little progress

Beat the arcade dungeon

Princess Evangile:
Still going for the Rise route

Ni No Kuni:
Mice problems!!!

SOMA:
Got some structure gel in Omicron. Terrified.

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am

December 3rd

I gots a new game!!! So World of FF will be taking the place of Digimans right now, since I need a break from that one anyway.

World of Final Fantasy:
Chapter 4

Rogue Legacy:
Made it to the boss in the tower this time, immediately died. Got some nifty new stuff though

SOMA:
Out of Omicron, in to the Abyss

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:03 am

Dec 3

I did not realize this was here, so diary, here's what happened today in my Sims 3 game (it was dirt cheap on sale, sue me):

Chad Killington has now killed 7 other sims. He invites people over, and then walls appear around them and prevent them from ever leaving. Today a party he had a few days ago saw the last five guests leave as ghosts. He is a maniac. He has no job, but he sold a second home for over $250k. That home had a friggin' fighter jet in the living room, that's how big it was. And he sold it to stay in his little house (because murderous sims don't deserve big houses :D ). He then built a house on the coast, with a nice pool in the backyard, a basement game/exercise room, and a larger pool in a room below that. He promptly sold that for a profit as well. He has purchased a local business but doesn't have a plan for it yet.

Future plans include throwing another murder party and building a tall house in the lot next to the house with two basements.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 am

December 4th

Princess Evangile:
Trucking along

Rogue Legacy:
Made it to the tower boss twice and got it about 1/2 down on life

World of FF:
Chapter 6

Ni No Kuni:
Out of the Golden Grove

SOMA:
Beat the game! Yaaay~

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby SilverMaple » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:31 am

December 2

Played Mass Effect 2. Lost an hour's worth of progress when I glitched on top of a plant and couldn't get down, because apparently a 2-foot-high planter is just too much for the galaxy's biggest badass to handle.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby Absentia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Been busy at work, but here we are:

Digital Cockfighting Deluxe 2016 - Cleared the third island, slogged through a bunch of boring cutscenes, kicked the evil lady's ass, onto island four, blew all my money on TMs again. And now I can summon a Machamp to carry me around like a baby, which is all I ever really wanted in a game.

Invisible, Inc. - Beat the DLC campaign on Expert ironman. It was kinda disappointing that they recycled the same end mission, particularly since you get an extra two days to gear up for it. I'm not crazy enough to try Expert Plus, so I guess I'll try Endless mode.

Overwatch - Did all my "placement matches", and I would love to know what the hell criteria they use to decide on your rating because I won more than I lost, got a ton of gold medals, and they gave me 1100 so I'm stuck playing with people so bad it isn't even fun.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:08 am

December 5th

World of FF:
Still chapter 6

Rogue Legacy:
Defeated the third boss, yaaay! Down to the dungeon with me