Dear VG Diary~

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Dear VG Diary~

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Now that mah winter break is almost here, I am going to be gaming a lot again. Like... a lot. Like, an unhealthy amount. Pls send hot pockets.

So for funsies I wanted to do diary entries everyday of my progress and that way people can discuss how amazing I am at gaming and how much money they want to send me.

Really though it'll be fun to write down my progress I think and look back on it next year or whatever. And that way others can also give me tips and advice on games they've played!

BONUS!! Call now and receive a free thread in which you too can write to your VG diary in this very thread. No purchase necessary, while supplies last.

For now, I will catch everyone up on what I'm playing and where I am.

November 29th, 2016: Part 1

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: I am in Chapter 6. Grinding my digimans

Dungeon Travelers 2: Also Chapter 6. Boobies everywhere!

SOMA: Omicron. Terrified.

Rogue Legacy: Forest area, level 109ish (because I'm bad at the game)

Ni No Kuni: Getting Oliver his new clothes in Ding Dong Dell

Princess Evangile: Chapter 2, common route

Megadimension Neptunia VII: Still early on, rescuing Umio

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Re: Dear VG Diary~

Postby Irishjava » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Holy damn that's all one day? Not that I don't do benders, but I cannot jump between games like that. My sense of control gets all screwy. I'm going to do one. Kinda cheating, since it's yesterday's, but:

November 28th 2016:
Titanfall 2: Picked it up on sale, and I love the single player campaign. There's a really fun section I played through with a button that switches between two timelines. A guy in a pristine laboratory threw a grenade at me, and I made a note of his location. *BOOP* Grenade and guy are gone, I'm in an overgrown ruined laboratory and I run behind where he was. *BOOP* Grenade explodes on the other side of the pristine laboratory, and I rocket punch the guy into oblivion. Game's dope. Also, my daughter climbed on my lap to watch and made an adorable super amazed face every time my giant robot friend was on screen.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Well that's my starting point, so while I have that many games going, I play 2 or 3 a day from that lists.

Glad you're participating :D

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 pm

November, fuck what day is it? Oh, 29th.

I have spent all weekend playing xcom 2. I have beat the game, and am starting a new campaign because OBVIOUSLY.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Irishjava » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:52 pm

That makes much, much more sense than how I read it. In that case, I'm playing Overwatch, Titanfall 2, and Civilization 6. Competitive Season 3 of Overwatch is about to start so most of my posts will be about, depending on W/L, either:

a) How great I am with Zarya, maybe the best Zarya or
b) How terrible everyone else is and how that Mei blocked my winning Graviton Surge and I did nothing wrong ever

Also, with renewed relevance, my XCOM 2 story from earlier this year. I'm proud of it:
Spoiler: show
**For additional context, I always rename every XCOM soldier to be someone I know. Some of my soldiers were TCS people!**

An assortment of friends and family, including John "Jamish" Johnson (a Colonel ranger with a plasma shotgun and power sword) and Sally "Maple" Rodriguez (a psychic Magi with the power to control minds and PURPLE EYES), assaulted the alien base to destroy the Elder Avatars. After finally reaching the Elder's chamber (with the whole team still alive, because I'm great), everything kind of went to shit. The first Avatar died no problem, but the second two attacked with a large force at the same time. The Avatars kind-of mind controlled my wife, who used her position next to Jamish to mercilessly gun him and another soldier down.

I managed to destroy the mind controlling avatar by putting all of my people out in the open, praying I could use that turn to finish of the other Avatar and win before a wave of death engulfed everyone. The Commander mind-controlled a Muton with a great shot on the Avatar, but it would still be another turn before he was usable. We would all be dead by then. It literally all came down to Maple, with the last turn before total annihilation. The last Avatar had three health left, but high cover and a ton of distance. Maple had a terrible shot, and... the ability to give other people an extra turn! Including the mind-controlled Muton sitting right next to the dying Avatar! The Maple-controlled Muton hurled a grenade at the Avatar, saving the planet and hurdling over Jamish's corpse in a sweet explosion. RIP, Jamish. Vigilo Confido.

Last edited by Irishjava on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Carving through Dishonored 2 to take my mind off getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I wasn't super impressed with the game at first (my specific first impressions are in the game's thread), but the Clockwork Mansion is one of this year's best levels period, and if the pacing is following a pattern anything like the original Dishonored, this is exactly the point where it will get consistently amazing.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Absentia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Poking mons (caught me an Espeon this morning as soon as I opened up Route 6), the usual Overwatch and MTG Online, and burning through my Steam backlog with Invisible, Inc. (finally beat the base game on Ironman expert, now trying the DLC) and SpaceChem (just beat the second "boss", holy shit this game is hard).

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Bought the original Dishonored on the Steam autumn sale, which I'd never played before. Seems will be great once I get into it, but hard to play with laptop mousepad.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:19 am

11/29/16

Spent 40 minutes on Fire Emblem Fates' Conquest branch Chapter 12. Apparently left Arthur in a spot where he would be attacked by 2 whole entire enemies. He died, I reset. Thanks RNGesus. I'm bringing Beruka on my next attempt because at least she's got defense and mobility.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 am

November 29th: Part 2

Ni No Kuni:
Didn't play much because the bf was falling asleep AGAIN. Got the new outfit, went to see King Tom who is lacking some enthusiasm, went to see a kid with an abundance.

Rogue Legacy:
Beat the forest boss! Sir Kotaki II was badass. He cleared the forest, beat the forest boss, cleared a bunch of the Maya, defied death, and kept going for a while before finally having his life come to an end. R.I.P. Sir Kotaki II, MVP of Rogue Legacy so far. Currently at level 121.

Princess Evangile:
Going to do some more of the common route before beds~

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:21 am

Absentia wrote:Poking mons (caught me an Espeon this morning as soon as I opened up Route 6), the usual Overwatch and MTG Online, and burning through my Steam backlog with Invisible, Inc. (finally beat the base game on Ironman expert, now trying the DLC) and SpaceChem (just beat the second "boss", holy shit this game is hard).

I'm sure by now everyone just assumes I'm playing the shit out of the new Pokemon (yes, I am), but I want to draw mention to SpaceChem. It's a fantastic puzzle game, but holy fuck, it's hard as dick. Totally worth it though, and it makes it so much more satisfying when you actually finish a level. It's only $10 on Steam, and if you wait until the Christmas sale it'll probably drop at least 50% if you're unsure of it. The difficulty takes a pretty sharp uptick not too far into the game, and I hear it gets even worse later on (as in it usually takes people a few days of play for a single level). I probably won't ever beat it, but it's so much fun that I don't care.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:11 pm

RE: 11/29/16 -

Finished Conquest Ch. 12 in 12 turns out of 16, swapping Arthur out for Beruka definitely helped, and my Jakob is OP AF.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Absentia » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Pogeymen: Bagged a Pinsir, cleared the second island, spent all my money on TMs. Rolling with Torracat/Magneton/Espeon/Pelipper/Hariyama/Pinsir, seems like a good crew.

MTGO: Working on an extra-spicy five color Bring to Light/Dynavolt Tower deck in Standard. Plays well against most non-Emrakul decks, but GB Delirium is just too ridiculous. If they don't print some decent graveyard hate in Aether Revolt I'm going to cry.

@pumpkin: I wish I remembered enough about Rogue Legacy to give you tips. The only thing I remember is just committing suicide if I got one of the traits that screwed with the controls.

@Ambiguous: I'm already at the point where I have to start a puzzle at night, think about it at work the next day, and then go home and see if I hit on the solution. And I basically just started. I'm also not planning to finish it; I'm shocked every time I manage to get to the next puzzle.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Irishjava » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 pm

November 29th 2016:
Titanfall 2: I beat the single player campaign in a whirlwind staying-up-til 1am frenzy. It was the best single player campaign in a shooter I've played in years. The set pieces all felt unique and not gimmicky: there was a section where you jump from ship to ship in a giant sky battle that would have been a series of QTE's in a lesser shooter, but fell right in line with its central gameplay of fluid motion. I also really came to like my robot pal.

5/5 would be thrown by a robot onto a fighter jet again. Now for the multiplayer.

-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:37 pm

30th November 2016:
Dishonored continues to be hard to play on a laptop mousepad. Really liking the atmosphere, though, and am steadily getting used to it.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Next