Dear VG Diary~

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Dear VG Diary~

Postby Absentia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am

Pokemon - So after getting heinously flinch-haxed out of Battle Tree several times, I decided I need Mega Salamence to truly overpower the cheating AI into submission. Spent most of the holiday period breeding an Adamant, Dragon Dance Bagon and waiting on Poke Pelago to EV train the little bastard before I could start leveling.

Invisible, Inc. - Got bored at my grandmother's house so I decided to break this out one more time and try Expert Plus, the hardest difficulty level. Frankly it wasn't as harrowing as I expected, and now I can say I have well and truly kicked this game's ass.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:15 am

December 28th

Injustice:
Finished!! Was good, not great though.

Star Ocean V:
Sidequestststs

Root Double:
Made major progress on this today. Finished up the After route, did all of the endings, got all of the scenes. Using a guide and the skip previously read text function was veeery helpful. I am now at chapter 2 of the Before story which, so far, I am not enjoying as much. It's still getting started though, so we'll see

Last Word:
I'd tried it out a while ago but I started playing it properly tonight. Got to chapter 2

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:29 am

December 29th

Star ocean V:
Got to magical village of magic, got two new characters, did some sidequests

Root Double:
Got to Before chapter 3. It's starting to pick up!

Last Word:
Also played a bit more. Stuck on a hard "boss" fight

Dragon Age II:
Picked this back up. I stopped playing when I had the TV problems even though I was like 2/3 of the way done. So yep, did some character quests and things

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:44 am

Pokemon - Battle Tree AI cheats so hard. So, so hard.

SHENZHEN I/O - From the maker of SpaceChem, this is a much more straightforward coding/engineering puzzler without the brain-melting spatial reasoning stuff. Reminds me of programming my TI-83 when I was bored in high school math class, and I'm proceeding nicely.

Armello - Been meaning to try this for ages, and I caught it on sale. First impression is that there's too much dice-related variance, the interface makes it too hard to do anything on other player's turns, and the win conditions are weirdly (un)balanced. It also lags like crazy on my laptop, which is sort of unforgivable for a board game. I'll go through with all eight characters (two so far) and see if it grows on me.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Absentia wrote:95% Cutscenes, 5% Pokemon Battles - Beat the Pokemon League, nabbed Tapu Koko (didn't realize it sucked so bad or I might not have burned as many expensive balls on it). Now I guess I need to get Pokemon Bank to import my Gen 6 crew and get to work on whatever the Battle Tower equivalent is.

Koko is a fantastic pokemon, so I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you just mean you got a shit nature.

Absentia wrote:Pokemon Crack - Upon further reading, it turns out I can use these bottle cap things to give any old Mon max IVs (or at least a non-breedable facsimile)... but I have to get them to level 100 first, which is arguably more of a pain than breeding for IVs. So right now the plan is to see how long it takes to get Incineroar to 100 and decide whether it's worth the trouble to do a whole team like that while I wait on this damn Bank update. I tell ya, I miss the old days when you could just hack IVs with a Gameshark.

Buy a powersave device, it's like $20 at gamestop. I think it lets you edit IVs, I know it does for experience, and you can clone pokemon and items. For whatever reason, I just clone pokemon and items, then use rare candy to 100 and hyper train. For rares. I'll actually breed things cause for some reason I enjoy it to an extent.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby Absentia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:45 pm

This Koko was Calm with a near-zero Speed IV.

And despite waxing nostalgic about Gameshark, hacking devices make me nervous. Besides, I already have a perfectly good team, Nintendo just won't let me transfer it.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:26 am

Dis weekend:

Star Ocean V:
Went to the archive, sidequested

Ni No Kuni:
Did some stuff in Castaway Cove, now I need to heal the Cowliffa

Eternal Darkness:
Finished the Anthony story

World of Final Fantasy:
Got to the Train Graveyard

Root Doube:
About to play some more. Currently in Before: Chapter 4

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Bromo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 am

Absentia wrote:This Koko was Calm with a near-zero Speed IV.

And despite waxing nostalgic about Gameshark, hacking devices make me nervous. Besides, I already have a perfectly good team, Nintendo just won't let me transfer it.

Tapu Koko, had you not caught it already, can be caught after you defeat the Elite Four a second time.

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:30 am

January 2nd

Had to run a lot of errands today and am trying to read more, so not a ton of gaming today.

World of FF:
Finished the train graveyard, did some sidequesting

Root Double:
Got to Before: Chapter 7. It's getting very.... odd.

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm

1/2/17

LttP: Finally it is now Turtle Rock time. I haven't played this game in so long that I just got the cane that makes you invincible. The one that you can get as soon as you can acquire the Moon Pearl, magic cape, and hammer. *shrug* I'm also think I'm missing a heart container or 4 pieces somewhere. But I did remember that I can get super bombs and upgraded my sword and arrows!

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 am

January 3rd

I only played 2 games today as well BUT I made big progress in both!

Root Double:
Finished Before, Current, and am now at Double: Chapter 2. It's still interesting and I'm enjoying it, but I would be lying if I said it doesn't feel a bit like it jumped shark

World of Final Fantasy:
Went to Besaidlydoo and got to do an underwater dungeon, which I loved. So pretty. And then got to meet the Quacho Queen which was just amazing and now I get to have a Quacho Queen character and I am super happy. Now I'm climbing the crystal tower

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

1/3/17:

Turtle Rock completed. Also played some Monster Hunter 4U with mah Junior and we made short work of a Rathian and a Najarala. Guess its on to Ganon and then I can get back to Fire Emblem.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:05 am

January 4th

World of FF:
OH MY GOSH THE CRYSTAL TOWER IS SOO LOOOOOONNNNNGGG

Star Ocean V:
Snowy mountain area~

Root Double:
Double: Chapter 4

Last Word:
Got up to chapter 3!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:44 am

1/4/17:

LttP: The Way of the Hero led to the Triforce after all! Just like the ladies in the crystals told me!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Delivered 8 Bloodstones. Well I delivered 5 and my son grabbed the other three. A Khezu harassed us but we mostly avoided the screaming dickhead. Because it screams. And it has an obscenely phallic head/neck. Here's the Red Khezu in full extension if you're curious:
Spoiler: show

1/5/17:

Monster Hunter 4U: So far all I've done today is kill a Gravios with Junior. Took way longer than it should have. I got carted ("fainted" from losing all health and sent back to the beginning of the level, for those not familiar with Monster Hunter terminology) after I made the mistake of not healing immediately after it tail whipped me. I was cocky because I've killed a dozen of those things and pfff I'm a badass who previously solo'd the same quest. Yeah so it set me on fire with its breath and then trampled me because during my "fuck fuck I'm on fire" running and rolling fest I ended up in a corner with nowhere to go.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

January 5th

Star Ocean V:
I'm in a desert now. Also sidequesting.

Root Double:
Almost done~! Just have to finish up the endings and stuffs!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext