Incredible Majora's Mask animated tribute!

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Incredible Majora's Mask animated tribute!

Postby KleinerKiller » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

Some people in the Ember Labs group created a 3D animated tribute to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, chronicling how the mask got into Skull Kid's possession. This thing has been trending on YouTube for a bit, and rightfully so, because it's fucking amazing. It looks and sounds better than a lot of triple-A professional CG work.

Like Metroid 2 Remake and Pokemon Uranium, this once again proves that Nintendo's fans have a better grasp on their properties than Nintendo themselves do. And just like the other two cases, I fully expect that Nintendo will have it struck down as soon as they catch wind of it, because they're Nintendo.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Re: Incredible Majora's Mask animated tribute!

Postby 52xMax » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 am

This is really something. If Nintendo knew what's best for their company they should consider hiring these people.

I gotta say, I'm really glad this game found its niche and finally took its rightful place as one of the best games in the series, because it wasn't always that way, at least among the fans. I remember people complaining about the recycled engine, and how it needed an expansion pack which was sold separately, among other things, but I loved it from the first time, and still come back to play it every couple of years or so. I'd spend literally hours just rolling around Termina fields in Goron form, or diving as a Zora, and with the exception of that damn Kafei mask, the sidequests were really fun, contrasting with the dark storylines and the overall haunting atmosphere of the game, which this short captures to perfection.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise