Resident Evil 7... is Silent Hills

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Resident Evil 7... is Silent Hills

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 am

You planning on putting any of that in spoilers? The game's only a few months old. I get that you don't care about the plot so you don't think it matters, but others might.

If you read my full review, I agree that there is a drop in overall quality once the player leaves the Baker Estate. I just don't think it's as severe as you make it out to be, for reasons I'm kind of tired of restating.

I like the campy aspects of this game because unlike the rest of the RE series, it knows what it is. It gives the game and the Bakers some color and lightness while also conveying the insanity of the situation. Jack going Tokyo Drift through his garage or Lucas getting frustrated with your unwillingness to die are fun, at least to me, who thought all of the boulder punching and knife-flipping of past installments was driving the series into the ground.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Re: Resident Evil 7... is Silent Hills

Postby skrotkanon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:55 am

I guess I find that kind of hypermasculine nonsense funny. Then again, I really didn't play 5 for the story and I can honestly not remember any of it despite beating the game three times. And 6 was just terrible, me and my friend finished it because we had decided to. We didn't get much enjoyment out of it.

Anyway, I still think this is a fantastic first attempt at reimagining the franchise and I hope they'll make at least one more game in the same vein.
And the boat wasn't terrible, it was just a dip in quality. I was also not very fond of them cranking up the amount of enemies. The less RE turns back into a gory action-game the better.

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Previous