Overwatch

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Overwatch

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Okay, finally fired Overwatch up today. First match in and got play of the game by self-destructing D.va's mech and killing 5 enemies at once.

This game has a lot of personality.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 am

Found this on Twitter:

"Or perhaps the distinction between the two wasn’t so fine, between the man-made monster and the man made monster."- Sylvester Lambsbridge, Twig.
FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 pm

I know Penny Arcade is hit and miss with the online community nowadays but I laughed at this.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:18 am

"Or perhaps the distinction between the two wasn’t so fine, between the man-made monster and the man made monster."- Sylvester Lambsbridge, Twig.
FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Askias » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:44 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:That said, there is a level of satisfaction that I gain when I kill a Reinhardt as Mercy. Granted, those scenarios are when the Reinhardt has already been weakened, but it's satisfying when you hand the coup de grace your team has failed to deliver.

I read this post twice before, but I only now realise "coup de grace" literally translates to "blow of Mercy". I knew that before, but I only now made the connection.

Bravo.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Irishjava » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:24 pm

I've been surprised of the staying power this game has had with me and my wife. We hop on competitive every other night, sitting at ~2550. If anybody plays in the very specific window of 10:00-12:00pm EST, we're on pretty frequently. Irishjava#1979

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:36 pm

The Halloween event is coming up and according to a leak, it will contain a horde mode where you fight against Omnics. Apparently, you earn points by playing the mode. A common theory is that you can get the Halloween skins by earning these points.

I hope this is true. I dislike how the Summer Games were handled. I'm fine with the skins being limited time; I can try to get them next time. But I hated the fact that they were only accessible through loot boxes with no other way to achieve them. If this theory is true (assuming the leak is legit), then I'll play the horde mode until I get that sweet witch Mercy skin.

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:11 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:The Halloween event is coming up and according to a leak, it will contain a horde mode where you fight against Omnics.

I'd accuse them of blatantly ripping off TF2, but TF2 has been blatantly ripping off Overwatch lately so I guess it's a wash.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:21 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 pm

i-WXVdVqB-2100x20000.jpg
i-WXVdVqB-2100x20000.jpg (504.2 KiB) Viewed 802 times

Penny Arcade made a comic perfectly illustrating why I gave up on Overwatch.

The game is so freaking toxic.

BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Previous