MGS5: Dog-enhanced Espionage Action

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: MGS5: Dog-enhanced Espionage Action

Postby Marcuse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 am

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:
Marcuse wrote: D-Dog is utterly game breakingly good, and removes any need to scout or view a base before diving right in.

Oh man, you thought the dog was OP and never used Quiet? Spoiler: you can actually get her to an ability where she just snipes everybody herself unless they manage to shoot her (which they never do). I've literally cleared multiple bases by just incap'ing the ones I wanted to recruit and then just letting her murder the rest while I sat back and read a novel or something.

Well. Yes that does seem even more OP.

The thing I don't understand with D Dog is that he renders the whole binoculars mechanic entirely redundant. Yes you can scan people to discover their skills, but when fultoning is such an optimal strategy in the first place, what skills they have is more or less irrelevant. So you don't need to scout or plan or do anything to prepare just run in and D Dog will find them all for you. If Quiet is even better at that, then it's a very weird design choice to me. The most fun I've had with the game is where I took out a combat unit member with nothing but a basic pistol and rifle and spent my time sneaking around the airport in Africa grabbing people and taking them out silently.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby skrotkanon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 pm

I vaguely remember using the robot a lot during free-roaming because of how goddamn fast it is and how much ammo it can carry. I equipped it with a tranq gun and a grenade launcher.

Quiet is good in open areas but everything takes more time with her. DD can stun whomever really quickly or take out an extra target in a pinch. Quiet fires when she feels like it. (Experience may wary)
So I tried using her, she's great but I prefer DD or the bot.

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am

Marcuse wrote:The most fun I've had with the game is where I took out a combat unit member with nothing but a basic pistol and rifle and spent my time sneaking around the airport in Africa grabbing people and taking them out silently.

I thought the missions that were best(And that the game desperately needed more of) were the two I found where they drop you in part of a region with no backup, no weapons, and no dropping stuff in. Then they were like "You have your objectives. Figure it out."

Those missions were pretty boss.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:
Marcuse wrote:The most fun I've had with the game is where I took out a combat unit member with nothing but a basic pistol and rifle and spent my time sneaking around the airport in Africa grabbing people and taking them out silently.

I thought the missions that were best(And that the game desperately needed more of) were the two I found where they drop you in part of a region with no backup, no weapons, and no dropping stuff in. Then they were like "You have your objectives. Figure it out."

Those missions were pretty boss.

I just managed to S rank the C2W [Subsistence] mission by getting so lucky it's nearly unbelievable. I tried it a couple of times and died every time, once to the last guy left in the base. So I gave up and went back and tried again. I planned out my route, and realised there's a mountain path that takes you into the base from an elevated position, so I go up and scout. The whole deal with the mission is that it's a trick, don't even bother with the dishes, the brick house at the back of the base has a master control terminal and a bunch of grenades right in the same room. I ran down under the cover of a sandstorm, chucked a grenade at the terminal and ran like hell out of there. The weird thing about the game is that one time it'll feel impossibly hard, and the next laughably easy.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Previous