Pokémon GO

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Pokémon GO

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:19 am

BIGGEST NEWS YET EVERYONE! Pokemon Go is finally introducing features they promised us IN THE TRAILER: player VS player battles and trading. The terrible gym system will also be improved.

In a couple years this will shape up to be a REAL video game, and give us something to do other than hunt Pokemon. In the mean time I am going to be very conservative with my stardust and candies, because everything can change at the drop of a hat.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby skrotkanon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 am

Woop! Especially looking forward to a gym overhaul as right now almost all pokemon are useless. I'm lvl 32 and can't even participate in gyms because I'm not a multi-accounting goddamn spoofer. I'm still happy to find new mons and I was ecstatic when I got a Larvitar in a egg! But yeah, the multiplayer aspects are currently fucked.

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Two updates: shinies now exist, but it's limited to magikarp and Gyarados. There is a water event right now and Dratini are everywhere. Although it's a dragon type it's a water biome Pokémon.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Until yesterday I had never even seen a Seel, but I caught 3 in about the span of 5 minutes, and I almost have enough to evolve it.

I've only seen one Dratini, but maybe this event will finally give me enough to evolve a Dragonite. How long is the event supposed to last?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:38 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:Until yesterday I had never even seen a Seel, but I caught 3 in about the span of 5 minutes, and I almost have enough to evolve it.

I've only seen one Dratini, but maybe this event will finally give me enough to evolve a Dragonite. How long is the event supposed to last?

Sadly, the overabundance of Dratini was a mistake that was quickly corrected. Now, there are EVEN LESS DRATINI THAN USUAL, a fact which makes me very sad. This was the best mistake Niantic ever made.

IMG_5774.PNG.jpg
IMG_5774.PNG.jpg (223.51 KiB) Viewed 7684 times

All the Dratini evolved into Wartortle. CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

Anyway, the water festival goes until the 29th.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Noooooo. Dang it.

Why do you hate me, Niantic?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Someone on Silph Road pointed out that in the movie, the legendary birds appear after a water festival. Perhaps they will appear after this event. It would make sense, as this event has been somewhat underwhelming so far.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm

18033189_1750874531605955_1645011869619078554_n.jpg
18033189_1750874531605955_1645011869619078554_n.jpg (100.73 KiB) Viewed 7627 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:39 pm

So the most amazing thing happened, and this is the only place where I feel like anyone will appreciate it.

Up until this Fire/Ice event I had never even seen a Lapras.

The other day, I saw one was nearby at a Pokestop, but I was in the car headed to lunch in the opposite direction (my wife was driving). I came back to that stop after lunch, but no Lapras. I was bummed.

Yesterday, I had stayed home sick from work with a stomach thing, but in the afternoon I was feeling better, so I spent some solid time trying to find another Lapras. After 4pm, I still hadn't found one, but I was still seeing the event Pokémon.

I went home and found out the event had been extended by another day. Yes! I still had some time to find one.

I got to work this morning a little early, so I figured I'd swing by some nearby spawn points, and lo and behold! A Lapras. I plied it with berries and Ultra Balls, but after about 5 attempts it ran away. I was SO. PISSED.

This week at work I've had an extended lunch of 1 hour instead of 30 minutes, so I decided to hit up the nearby stops/spawn points with some incense. This was my last chance before the event ended. I caught a bunch of other stuff, but sadly, no Lapras. I had also depleted all of my Pokeballs and Super Balls, with just about 10 Ultra Balls left.

I had a 15-minute break today that started at 4pm, after the event. I just happened to finish up a call 5 minutes before, and I thought "What the hell?" and decided to see if luck would shine down on me.

I fired up the app, and what do I see? A LAPRAS. The problem? I was on the 4th floor, and the Pokestop was about a block away. And I had less than 5 minutes. So I ran.

I kept it cool while I was in the building in front of my coworkers, but once I got out the door I high-tailed it to the spawn point. I made it with literally seconds left and caught that sucker on the first throw.

And then the event immediately ended.

Unbelievable.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Lapras is definitely worth running for! Even after it was nerfed it's still the best ice type. Pokémon Go made me fall in love with Lapras so much I stuck a Lapras plushie in my car. Right next to the Team Mystic sticker.

It's been nearly a year since this game was released, and I have some thoughts on it, good and bad. I'll post those later. I'm really looking forward to the gym update which should appear any day now.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:26 pm

The funny thing is it was a really crappy 37cp Lapras with low IVs.

But I got it!

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Low CP means it's easier to use a pinap berry though.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

I started playing this again last week, not long after I decided to drop Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes for good. There are a lot more Pokemon to farm for and data connection issues don't seem to be as rampant. Things that frustrated me during my last stint don't seem as prevalent now. Those later gen Pokemon really add to the variety too.

I still have no idea who the best Pokemon are but I've managed to get hold of pretty high CP types with decent stats. Stardust is the primary bottleneck for me, so by top three at the moment are Arcanine (1667), Cloyster (1576) and Flareon (1573). Gyms are currently under construction but I might check into one when they become available again and see how mine compare to others (I knew many who had 2k types, but they could be much higher now for all I know).

This is HEAPS of fun and I've missed it.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Most of the gyms have been populated by Pokémon with CP around 2500-3000.

I've also hit a bottleneck with Stardust that I'd never had to worry about before. I also blew all of my poke balls on the last event (I started it with about 125 each of super and ultra balls). So now I have to be a little bit more discriminating about which ones I catch while I build up my reserves.

Not catching a lot of them hurts my Stardust production. I have to catch like 60 Pokémon to upgrade one of my higher level ones just once.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Stardust is by far the most difficult to obtain resource in the game. I recommend saving your stardust until you reach level 30, or close to it. Also look at this to see which Pokemon have the highest CP potential. Arcanine isn't as good as it used to be. Vaporeon is the most easily obtainable powerful Pokemon. Unless there are drastic changes, it's going to be a popular Pokemon in gyms for years to come.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

PreviousNext