Pokémon GO

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Pokémon GO

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Good news, everyone! Feeding berries to Pokémon at gyms gives you stardust (at 20 per berry). Now I finally have a use for all those nanab berries.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby AboveGL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 pm

And now I wish I didn't just delete my entire stash of nanabs to make way for Pokeballs :(

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 pm

So, I decided to solo a Level 2 Weezing raid. It turns out the biggest problem is not losing all your Pokémon but the time limit on the fight.

It had a tiny little sliver of health left, but for some reason the fight timed out with 6 seconds left. =/

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 pm

So I've been having fun doing the raids, and I actually really prefer the new gym system. It seems like it's much easier to take over a gym and hold it for at least long enough to generate some coins. Of course, the problem now is that you don't want to stick a really good Pokémon there because they could be stuck there indefinitely with you only getting 50 coins when they get knocked out.

Between that and them only allowing one of each Pokémon (no more slogging through a dozen Blissey fights) there's a much greater variety of Pokémon in the gyms. It definitely makes things easier.

Today was a good day. I FINALLY evolved a Machamp after walking my Machop as my buddy Pokémon for 254km.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 am

Pokemon Go was released a bit more than a year ago. I have a lot of stories of the positive impact this game has had on my life, here is one that happened last week. I was putting my Pokemon in a local gym, when a couple of guys stopped their car in front of me. "Are you on Team Mystic?" they asked. "Yes," I said and they both groaned. "I knew it! We can never beat Team Mystic! They're too strong!" They started crying, and both handed me their cell phones in defeat. After they left I used his phone to call the president. "Mr President, I did it. I'm the greatest Pokemon trainer ever." Trump immediately Tweeted out this news. Upon seeing this Tweet, ISIS immediately surrendered to the United States. Relatively satisfied with my accomplishments, I started to walk home to celebrate by playing more Pokemon. I was stopped by a small child with autism, who shouted "Your Pokemon skill cured my autism! Have 50 dollars!" Then his mother came out and thanked me for curing her polio so she could walk again. All of my neighbors applauded. A car pulled up next to me, and to my shock, it was the same guy who handed me his cell phone from earlier that day. He locked eyes with me and whispered, "thank you for proving to me women really are equal," then drove off crying. Overall I give this game a 10/10.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 am

EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED THIS GAME: CHECK YOUR GAME NOW. Niantic fucked up BIG TIME and handed out ex raid passes to tons of people who don't deserve it. If you have an ex raid pass you can get MEWTWO. This is important.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Tesseracts wrote:EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED THIS GAME: CHECK YOUR GAME NOW. Niantic fucked up BIG TIME and handed out ex raid passes to tons of people who don't deserve it. If you have an ex raid pass you can get MEWTWO. This is important.

I did not get one ... =(

That's not as bad as what happened to one of the people on the Discord channel. He finally got a pass, but it was for a raid that he did last year ... in Italy. I would be so mad.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Previous