Dishonored 2

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Dishonored 2

Postby Roflface » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:42 pm

It's a dream come true!

I don't know if anyone here knows or cares about Dishonored, but I was so overjoyed I couldn't help but make a post.

Here are my thoughts:
Emily's vine-grabby blink gave me a slight happy seizure.

A new location with a new creepier plague also gave me tingles!

It made me smile to hear the Outsider's unsettling, defining voice again. I hope we get to learn more about him this time around.

I love how she hits the desk with that first bolt. Countless are the times I've done the same thing in my lackluster assassination attempts. Then she even blows herself up with the grenade! It's like a shoutout to player incompetence!

Those shiting buildings look like they will be very fun to sneak around in.

The rusted Corvo mask made me audibly daww.

So what does everyone think? Excited?

You can always sue someone.

"There's nothing that a bucket of spiders can't fix." - Grim
Roflface
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Tee hee

Re: Dishonored 2

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 pm

I liked the Outsider's voice.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Those shiting buildings look like they will be very fun to sneak around in.

Either that's a typo or this game was secretly developed by Suda51.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh, man. I was worried about the idea of a sequel right from the moment I beat the first game, because it was such a unique experience with what I felt was a pretty definitive collection of endings. Now, I'm as hyped as I have been for Fallout 4 -- possibly even more so.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:20 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:40 pm

SING ALONG TIME!

Oh, WHAT DO WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER,
WHAT DO WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER,
WHAT DO WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER,
EARLY IN THE MORNING?

Sing with me everyone!

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby A Warrior Bunny » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:15 pm

I loved the first Dishonored, it was almost exactly what I've wanted out of a stealth game for years before it released. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

!!! THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY BITTERNESS, DEPRESSION, AND ACUTE INTERNET EXPOSURE !!!
A Warrior Bunny
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: He Who Smirks

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:30 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:Now that I'm over my fangirly orgasms:

It seems to me that Dishonored 2 has the same plot as Dishonored. Corvo/Emily is betrayed by people within her ranks and is framed to be something they're not. Under the new regime, shit goes bad. Corvo/Emily is given powers by the Outsider so he can watch them fuck around and murder the people responsible. It's implied there's a plague in this one, but it could be just a bug enemy.

I'm still gonna get it, but still.

According to the video's description, you can choose between Corvo and Emily, which is just...awesome.

It does seem like the old formula, but here's hoping that it's made to feel fresh again. The new setting, new enemies, different powers, and shifting environment will, Outsider willing, accomplish that heavy task.

Though now that I think about it, I do hope that they don't give the High Chaos + Emily Survives ending from the original game the shaft with this sequel. That was the conclusion I always chose and saw as more satisfying, and parts of this trailer and the synopsis make me fear that they're just going to build off the Low Chaos ending.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:08 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:Now that I'm over my fangirly orgasms:

It seems to me that Dishonored 2 has the same plot as Dishonored. Corvo/Emily is betrayed by people within her ranks and is framed to be something they're not. Under the new regime, shit goes bad. Corvo/Emily is given powers by the Outsider so he can watch them fuck around and murder the people responsible. It's implied there's a plague in this one, but it could be just a bug enemy.

I'm still gonna get it, but still.

According to the video's description, you can choose between Corvo and Emily, which is just...awesome.

and emily has different powers than corvo.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:04 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:I hope they do away from the Chaos system all together. The game gives you these numerous and amazing ways to kill people and punishes you for it. Better to not have it at all. I think the idea of your actions affecting gameplay is neat, but morality systems always fail. You're either an angel or a baby-eating devil. It sucks.

I was fine with the implementation of the morality system in regards to dealing with named targets, because juggling lethal solutions or non-lethal "cruel mercies" was one of the cooler aspects of the game, and I enjoyed payoff in that department. I do agree with the sentiment in regards to the general mooks and monsters, though. That can be done away with.

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat May 14, 2016 5:10 pm

More information has surfaced! I'm compiling these details from this month's GameInformer cover story -- which I'm having trouble finding online, so no link for now -- but most of them have probably been independently reported by now.

- Neither character is a silent protagonist anymore. Corvo's now played by Stephen Russell, the guy most notable for voicing Garrett in the old Thief games and Nick Valentine in Fallout 4. He'll also have more -- but emphatically not all -- of the mysteries around him explored in greater depth to make him feel more like an actual character.

- Speaking of voices, Emily will be played by Erica Luttrell (Sapphire on Steven Universe), and Vincent D'Onoforio (Wilson Fisk on Daredevil among other things) is one of the central villains. In slightly less great news, Billy Lush apparently no longer plays the Outsider in all of his glory. Guess who's replacing him? Robin Lord Taylor. The Penguin from Gotham. Hopefully much, much, much, much, much more subdued.

- Emily's new abilities include multiple pacifist-integrated moves so killing people doesn't have to be the default option. Her tendril power isn't just a Blink copycat, as it physically moves her instead of teleporting and can manipulate things in the environment. She also has something called Domino, which lets you "link" enemies together so that whatever you do to one affects all the others (kill one and the others die, distract one and the others follow, etc).

- On Corvo's side, Blink can let you assassinate people through glass windows, Bend Time has the ability to speed time up if you so desire, and Dark Vision isn't quite as visually obtuse and cheat-y as it was before.

- Rather than the old "get power, get upgrade, done" system, powers now have upgrade trees you can invest in to tool each to be more suited to lethality, non-lethality, or total phantom stealth.

- The much-reviled Chaos system is getting the expected retool. Rather than "killing anyone = bad person and bad ending, killing nobody = good person and good ending", there are a lot of moral degrees and different NPCs take different standings. Consequently, there are also going to be quite a few more varied endgames and endings than before.

Get hyped.

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:42 am

WE GOT US A FUCKIN' GAMEPLAY TRAILER

Showcasing a lot of the things I mentioned previously, as well as some exciting new bits 'n' bobs.

I said it in the post above, and I will continue to say it until its release: GET HYPED.

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:26 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep