Magic, and the Gathering thereof

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Magic, and the Gathering thereof

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:05 am

Had a weenie deck, and a burn deck, nobody would play me anymore; played an old girlfriend at the time on New Year's Eve, I didn't let her win, she didn't talk to me for a couple of days. Not saying that caused the un-coupling, but probably didn't help.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 am

So I found a Celestial Dawn card when we moved. I've got no use for it. Enchantment that turns everything on the board white. All lands are now plains, all casting costs are in white mana, its pretty fuggin Aryan. And wow I just learned they nerfed it. Go figure. I used to have a black and white deck but people would swampwalk and I got sick of it so my thinking was good luck using the like one or two plainswalker cards that existed.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Jack Road » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

I played pre-release and it was a ton of fun. I really love the Egypt aesthetic, and won absolutely nothing and lost to an eight year old boy. It was a blast.

I actually bought an unopened pre-release deck that I will likely open on Wednesday, so fingers crossed that it will have goodies inside. And I signed up for a draft this Friday.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Ah, Draft, the king of Magic formats. If you want to prepare, I highly recommend Luis Scott-Vargas's Limited set review. He's a veteran pro, and he goes over every single card in the set with a rating and brief discussion.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Previous