Fallout 4

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Fallout 4

Postby Anglerphobe » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:54 pm

The sages of the internet seem divided between "it's going to be shit and it will ruin the series and destroy Bethesda" and "this will be the greatest game ever" with an apparent trend towards the latter.
Thoughts?

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Re: Fallout 4

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:58 pm

I dislike how I'll either need to by a new high end computer or next gen system to play it. That's all I have on thoughts.

Also, holy shit, I almost cried with the dog bit.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby TwoSheds » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:The sages of the internet seem divided between "it's going to be shit and it will ruin the series and destroy Bethesda" and "this will be the greatest game ever" with an apparent trend towards the latter.
Thoughts?

The sages of the internet say that Bethesda is going to ruin the series and destroy themselves every time Bethesda so much as wakes up in the morning, and we've seen how accurate those predictions have been.

I didn't really see anything in the trailer that excited me too much - it looked like it easily could have been a well-made fan video. Still, I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I don't doubt Bethesda's ability to make phenomenal open-world games, so I'm pretty confident Fallout 4 will be incredible as ever.

Fire up the tulley toggle.
TwoSheds
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Maestro

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm not saying I'm excited.

Spoiler: show

But I'm excited.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 pm

Are we sure this time?

*Does fact checking to make sure this isn't another weird troll thing*

Okay, it checks out.

Anglerphobe wrote:The sages of the internet seem divided between "it's going to be shit and it will ruin the series and destroy Bethesda"

There's a conclave of internet users who have been chanting those words continuously since Daggerfall came out in 1997.

Personally I'm sure it won't be bad.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Consider me hyped.

Spoiler: show

I'm quite excited by how much more colorful than the previous games it looks. I loved Fallout 3, but I wouldn't want a repeat of the same "brown, grey, dull green" scheme on new consoles.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:22 pm

Fucking stupid next gen.

If ME4 doesn't get a 360 release I'll be a-murderin'.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby skrotkanon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:34 pm

You should probably dust off your fanciest mauling kippa then Eric, I think this will be the last year big titles get released on the last console generation.

It's Bethesda themselves making Fallout 4 so it'll probably be great, though I thought New Vegas was the best (not to mention funniest) installment in the franchise so I was hoping Obsidian would be the guys to make it.

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Postby SilverMaple » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 pm

Oh, dear sweet flying spaghetti monster, it's actually real. I am using all my willpower to not type in all caps right now. Best birthday present ever, or best birthday present ever?

Yes, I know it's a day late, but the countdown started yesterday goshdarnit.

I have to agree about the more colourful scenery - as much as I loved Fallout 3, everything was just swimming in grey-green. Also, the guy who seems to be the player character actually speaks in the trailer, which is interesting.

The only bad news is that I'll have to resort to playing it on the PS4, since there's no way in heck that my computer is going to be able to handle it. Which is probably a small quibble, but seems pretty major to someone who mods the hell out of their games the way I do. Whatever. I can't help but board this hype train.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby Matt the Czar » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 pm

*Shrugs, goes back to Fallout 2, will probably pick it up when it is on sale*

*Actually sees trailer*

CHOO-CHOO!

KleinerKiller wrote:I'm quite excited by how much more colorful than the previous games it looks. I loved Fallout 3, but I wouldn't want a repeat of the same "brown, grey, dull green" scheme on new consoles.

Fallout always had a washed out color scheme, not to the same extent as 3, but 4 certainly looks pretty. Even with some of the flaws of 3, I WANT MORE JOHN HENRY EDEN DAMMIT!

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:57 am

I'm excited because my boyfriend is excited and that means we might get a PS4!

Not my type of game, personally :P

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:42 am

Anglerphobe wrote:

The sages of the internet seem divided between "it's going to be shit and it will ruin the series and destroy Bethesda" and "this will be the greatest game ever" with an apparent trend towards the latter.
Thoughts?

My thought is I was taking it seriously until the line "War...War never changes."

Image'

It's almost cliche to call that line cliched, at this point.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 am

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:My thought is I was taking it seriously until the line "War...War never changes."

Image'

That line's as fundamental to the Fallout series as powered armor, deathclaws, and satire of 50s hubris. Cliche or not, you just can't have a proper Fallout game without it.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 am

KleinerKiller wrote:
Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:My thought is I was taking it seriously until the line "War...War never changes."

Image'

That line's as fundamental to the Fallout series as powered armor, deathclaws, and satire of 50s hubris. Cliche or not, you just can't have a proper Fallout game without it.

I know, but the trailer seems like it's trying to get me to take it seriously, stopping just short of adding the Nolan "BWAH"s, then it does that and everything falls apart.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Bert » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:40 am

You can tell at least part of it is set in Boston. Starting at 1:56 there is the statue of Paul Revere in front of the Old North Church. You can also tell it is in Boston because unlike Fallout 3 set in my hometown of DC where everything is flattened, Boston is relatively intact because nobody would waste perfectly good nukes on Boston.

#EastCoastRivalry

"Condoms are a sign of a bad relationship." -Kate

"We have been here a while. We are not clean people." -Typical Michael
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Next