Game give away thread

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Game give away thread

Postby idontlivehere1122 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Ok, over the next few days I'll be in a position where I can gift a copy of The Witcher 3, albeit without the season pass. Any takers?

In case anyone also wants to give away stuff (humble bundle purchases, etc.), go ahead and post it here as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I already bought both the game and the season pass as soon as they were available. So I'm not losing out on it by giving it away.

Still alive, not a good thing. Fuck life.
idontlivehere1122
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Re: Game give away thread

Postby Tuli » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Who wouldn't want that? Maybe you should hold a lottery or something!

Though not as fancy, I actually have two GOG keys I could give away to the fine folks at TCS as well. One is for the first Witcher, the other is for Planescape: Torment.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby idontlivehere1122 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Tuli wrote:Who wouldn't want that? Maybe you should hold a lottery or something!

Though not as fancy, I actually have two GOG keys I could give away to the fine folks at TCS as well. One is for the first Witcher, the other is for Planescape: Torment.

I advertised on IRC Chat. Had some takers, but they declined on the understandable grounds that they wouldn't be able to run it - like, at all - and that it'd be best if someone who could got the game instead.

idontlivehere1122
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Oh damn, I didn't think about that. Checking it, my computer seems to be mostly able but I'm not a 100% about the graphics card because my brother's got some kind of crossfire system with 2 cards. So I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow.

But surely anyone's computer can run Planescape by now!

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby idontlivehere1122 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Tuli wrote:Oh damn, I didn't think about that. Checking it, my computer seems to be mostly able but I'm not a 100% about the graphics card because my brother's got some kind of crossfire system with 2 cards. So I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow.

I'd take Planescape if I didn't already have it. It gets my vote for best writing in a game.

And Isn't Crossfire like SLI where two cards are running in tandem for better performance? My PC is running 2 outdated and mediocre cards - twin GTX680s - and I can run every single game fine till date, albeit with shadows (always an FPS killer) set on medium and AA off, neither of which I particularly mind. My point being you should (probably) be able to handle TW3 as long as you twins aren't TOO outdated.

idontlivehere1122
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:50 am

Hmm, that's what my brother said. We've got two pretty old Radeon cards and it's actually been able to run all new games (with lowered settings) so far, even the notoriously badly optimized Dying Light. I also found this website where one can check such stuff and it says it should be able to run the game. So hopeful! :P

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby aBagofYoughurt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Looking over my Humble Bundle unredeemed keys, I actually have a few. I don't use Origin, so if anybody's interested I could message you keys to Popolous and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Hello
aBagofYoughurt
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Lurker Supreme

Postby aBagofYoughurt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 pm

idontlivehere1122 wrote:
Tuli wrote:Oh damn, I didn't think about that. Checking it, my computer seems to be mostly able but I'm not a 100% about the graphics card because my brother's got some kind of crossfire system with 2 cards. So I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow.

I'd take Planescape if I didn't already have it. It gets my vote for best writing in a game.

And Isn't Crossfire like SLI where two cards are running in tandem for better performance? My PC is running 2 outdated and mediocre cards - twin GTX680s - and I can run every single game fine till date, albeit with shadows (always an FPS killer) set on medium and AA off, neither of which I particularly mind. My point being you should (probably) be able to handle TW3 as long as you twins aren't TOO outdated.

680s are not outdated or mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. It was never mediocre (it was Nvidia's flagship gaming card), and I highly doubt that it's outdated yet - I still run things smoothly on a single 670.

Hello
aBagofYoughurt
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby A Warrior Bunny » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 pm

I have some Humble Bundle keys I can throw into the pile. Mine are for Cherry Tree High, Fairy Bloom Freesia (with the soundtrack as a second key), and Magical Battle Festa. The bundle also included Tales of Alltynex and Revolver 360, but those are why I bought the bundle :D
edit: these have long since been used up.

Has no one claimed Planescape yet? I've heard incredible things about it.

Last edited by A Warrior Bunny on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
!!! THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY BITTERNESS, DEPRESSION, AND ACUTE INTERNET EXPOSURE !!!
A Warrior Bunny
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: He Who Smirks

Postby Tuli » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Planescape is still available. I'll send you a PM about it.

EDIT: OK, Planescape now gone. Witcher 1 still up for grabs. :P

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby idontlivehere1122 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am

aBagofYoughurt wrote:
idontlivehere1122 wrote:

680s are not outdated or mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. It was never mediocre (it was Nvidia's flagship gaming card), and I highly doubt that it's outdated yet - I still run things smoothly on a single 670.

*shrug* TIL.

Tuli wrote:Hmm, that's what my brother said. We've got two pretty old Radeon cards and it's actually been able to run all new games (with lowered settings) so far, even the notoriously badly optimized Dying Light. I also found this website where one can check such stuff and it says it should be able to run the game. So hopeful! :P

Welp, gimme your steam ID and I'll give it you.

also, https://www.humblebundle.com/ I recommend everyone check that page every few days. A good game or two occasionally slips into the bundles.

idontlivehere1122
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Here's my Steam profile, feel free to add me (also goes for anyone else who feels so inclined)! :)

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Blackfish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:33 am

I have these games in my Steam inventory:
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (i.e. with all DLCs)
- Crusader Kings II [claimed by CatlovingJihadist]
- Just Cause 2
- Hydrophobia: Prophecy
- Serious Sam
- Serious Sam 2
- The Ship

Bought them on sale a few years back when I first got on Steam, they're just sitting in my inventory. If anyone wants to try out these games, gimme a holler. I'm also Blackfish on Steam.

April 2016 edit: offer remains open if anyone reads this. Assume the offer is open unless I strike them all out.

Last edited by Blackfish on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
Blackfish
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Holy Mop Master Race

Postby aBagofYoughurt » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 pm

I highly recommend Serious Sam to anyone who's interested in a silly shooter in open environments with aliens and shit.
It's fucking great.

Hello
aBagofYoughurt
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Midas Burroughs » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:11 am

HoTS keys. I have them and you can too.

Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Next