Bioshock: Infinite Strategy Suggestions?

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Bioshock: Infinite Strategy Suggestions?

Postby Eirthbndr » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:36 am

Don't spoil anything for me, I haven't beaten the game yet, but I need some help.

I'm playing on hard mode and I am having some serious difficulty with the whole protecting the airship thing. You know, the part where you have to summon Songbird and stuff. I keep losing the stupid airship and I am getting really frustrated - any suggestions for strategy? I tried standing in front of the glowing blue thing to 'protect' it, but all that did was get me killed about 700 times in a row. I can get to the part where the two Lincoln mechanized patriots show up, but then they just focus entirely on the blue thing and take down the ship really fast.

I'm playing it on the 360, if that helps/makes a difference.

Thank you for the help!

Eirthbndr
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Re: Bioshock: Infinite Strategy Suggestions?

Postby jayman419 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:25 am

Random guy on youtube wrote:Use Possession on the armored guys with the rockets. Same for the Patriots. Use Undertow as they are jumping onto the airship. If you can knock them off, you save time and ammo. Use upgraded shotgun and sniper rifle.

And here's a Gamefaqs walkthrough, but be careful if you're reading ahead... they don't always label spoilers.

I am about where
Spoiler: show
you're in the 2nd alternate universe and have been martyred
. So I haven't suffered too much of a hurtin' yet. I think I've only seen the songbird two or three times, haven't had to fight with or against him at all.

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Re: Bioshock: Infinite Strategy Suggestions?

Postby jayman419 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Ok spent the past couple days working through the end of Bioshock, and it was awesome so I played it again. (Then I wanted to see how it compared to GTA IV so I started a new game and accidentally saved over my "Story Complete"... so now I get to play through GTA IV again, too.)

Make sure your shields are fully upgraded. Make sure that you have some salt upgrades. Health isn't actually that important. Upgrade your Charge so that it always refills your shield when you use it, and your Undertow so you can grab more guys. I started with upgraded shotgun and the sniper rifle, but I ran out of shotgun ammo and swapped to a machine gun (I'd also upgraded that a bit.)

You also probably want to have "Deadly Lungers" and "Burning Halo", for crowd control. (When guys are burning, they're not shooting you.)

Then it's just "Move fastah, glasshoppah". If you have the opportunity, poke guys with Undertow as they're jumping. If they land, hold it to drag groups of three over to you then just mash. After a couple rounds of shotgun melee shotgun shotgun charge melee melee shotgun to their faces you can move on. (Charge someone, anyone, when your shields drop. Also use it to move around faster, once you're done with a group.)

When the mechs come, grab whatever artillery is laying around and light em up (up up) light em up (up up). Depending on what you've upgraded, sniper rifle may be better than rockets/volley gun.

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep