Water cooler stories

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Water cooler stories

Postby mancityfooty » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 am

Joplin woman's son is going to be 13? I think.
he's way jealous of me for GTA5 and Fallout.
constantly wanting to play the games for the gore and the blood and the violence...yeah.
Skyrim is on sale and at redbox.
there's a lot of talk between me and the woman. no, no nudity. no sex. and the death cutscenes aren't too bad. ok, at least not as bad as another game he plays that shows the damage the bullet did.
so he rents it for three days. two days left on the sale, I tell him you have that time to figure out if you like it or not.
he picks Khajit, like I have.
but he can't stop wanting a horse. why?
that night and the next morning I was there, so many yells from the living room where the xbox 1 is, "hey___, look at this!"
"hey, ____, I need help!"
he literally sold all his stuff at the first blacksmith on the first mission after the dragon and the daughter laughed at him and said "you're naked!"
and he'd steal stuff. and then just attack everyone. no dude, there are consequences.
I watched him play and had to keep pointing out all the chests he was missing because he ran through caves and dungeons like it was a race.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 am

I found a potentially good way to farm caps in Fallout 4 Using the Wacky Wasteland Weapons Workshop mod. Take a wacky flamer, change the receiver to harpoon flechettes and the ammo type to harpoons, add poison and plasma damage, and it will generate a lot more harpoons than you fired, which you can sell for caps. This is most likely due to the incendiary and poison effects being registered as continuous, full-body damage, so it recognizes each hit as at least six retrievable harpoons plus a harpoon left over per hit.
Seriously, I took out a deathclaw with six shots the other day yet looted 89 harpoons from its corpse. I'm up to like, 700 harpoons now. Fear me, for I am the Harpoon Queen!

"Schmibby Dibby Kabibby"- Alex Hirsch

"When in doubt, meow it out!"- Bex Taylor-Klaus
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Saviour of Saga

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon May 28, 2018 7:42 am

So, I was constructing some plots from a third party Sim Settlements add-on at the Red Rocket Truck stop when a "Sunny Pizza" shop sprang up. On the front of the pizza parlor there is a sign featuring the usual wastelander fare: molerat, brahmin, cat, etc, but there are two pizzas on the menu that stuck out: raider and jet. So, cannibalism is an option, as is melted plastic and fertilizer. Wastelanders are weird, y'all.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 am

So, I was trying to get the 3rd overseer journal entry in Morganville for the past couple of days, but the feral ghouls are pretty op in 76 due to survival mode essentially being the default and I had neglected the crafting in favor of exploration. So, I finally took the initiative to craft weapons and spent 11 caps to respawn at the overseer's camp so I could get to the area just before Bradford where that's a sidequest. I crafted some armor, but then ended up getting parasites from a radroach, which rapidly depleted my food meter. Thus, which half my AP capped from extreme hunger, I was no match for the scorched and ticks. So I respawned at Morganville High, grabbed the holotape, and ran out only to get shot in the head by a supermutant, because, as it turns out, passing that third checkpoint is what gets those vault 87 mutants to start spawning in the game.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 am

Reading just this page, I think I'm having a stroke. Those are technically words but I can't make heads or tails.

Anyway, red dead 2 amIright!

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Anglerphobe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm

I had some urge to return to the land of Skyrim this weekend, while keeping myself awake to watch people punch each other at opposite sides of the IDL. After floundering with the controls for a while, I ended up taking some radiant missions around Whiterun.
One of them was from Amren, the retired mercenary with the bratty daughter, who wanted me to retrieve his family's sword from a bandit lair because his wife wouldn't let him go. He told me the sword was being kept in a bandit hideout in an abandoned mine across the plains to the north of the city. When I got there, I had some difficulty with the number of bandits guarding the front entrance because my character was not very powerful and I had lost my touch for this game. First time, they chased me off with the loss of only one of their own, nearly killing me. Instead of fighting them head on, I decided to sneak around and pick off the mages and archers from a distance with arrows before attacking again.
The terrain around the mine is very uneven, making it quite hard to get a good angle to shoot at the bandits inside the camp, especially as there are two front entrances for them to come pouring out of when they realise they are under attack. I crept around the perimeter of the camp, looking for rocks to climb for better shots. Eventually, while scrambling for cover after a successful arrow, I fell off one of these and ended up in a pit lined with bloody stakes. The bandits (as I had completely forgotten) had turned one of the old mineshafts into a fall trap for catching mammoths. There was a tunnel connecting the pile of bodies I had landed on to the main excavation where the bandits had set up shop. A back entrance.
What I had not forgotten about was the giant shitstorm of dangers inside the camp, with a powerful bandit chief, his cronies, oil traps, and a swinging pendulum trap. My character was about level 5. Fighting was absolutely out of the question. So, instead, I Die Harded the shit out of it.
I unequipped all of my armour, and crept through the entire dungeon. It was intense. Skyrim is surprisingly fun when played as a stealth game. Getting to the sword (kept in a chest on a walkway blocked by the chief, who would probably one-shot me) and back to a dark corner was an exercise in misdirection and timing, pickpocketing the key to escape from one the heavily armed bandits while they were searching for me was about as tense as anything I can remember doing in this game.
When I got through the gate and made the final run to the surface, I had to get past the bandits guarding the front. I managed to sneak for a bit until being spotted and forced to cheese it like I had never cheesed before, running up the stairs and leaping off their makeshift ramparts dodging arrows and spells and then running off across the plains in a loincloth.

Not bad, Skyrim. Still fun after all this time.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:11 am

I was quite the assassin in Skyrim. I sucked at pickpocketing but backstabbing and sneaking were pretty much par for the course for me.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous