My Hero One's Justice

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

My Hero One's Justice

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:57 am

So, the new fighting game based on My Hero Academia is out, and it's pretty fun. The story mode is essentially parts of seasons 2 and 3 with some original content but the combat is interesting.Kyouka Jirou is surprisingly the most OP character, on account of her soundwave barriers, and Bakugou is pretty nerfed to hell. Stain is essentially not fighting with his powers though due to the lack of blood, which is kind of disappointing. While it only focuses on less than half of class 1-A, some pro heros, and a handful of villains, it does do a good job of highlighting the potential skills of a lot of the less combat focused characters, especially Jirou, Tsuyu, and Kirishima.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: My Hero One's Justice

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 am

I was looking forward to this game since I'm a huge MHA fan, but it's a pretty basic anime arena brawler. Very fun with varied movesets and heavy focus on verticality, but shallow and lacking a lot of places.

I'm actually not that fond of Kyoka's moveset, and very disappointed by Stain, who doesn't display any of the traits that make him my favorite villain on the show (also, the plunging stab that ends his basic combo is basically suicide on the Ring Out stages). I've found myself maining Shoot Style Deku, All Might, Todoroki (who probably has the deepest and most versatile moveset), Ochaco, and Kirishima. And occasionally All For One when I'm online and just want to get some cheap wins.

The story mode is probably the biggest disappointment, and so much of it leaves me wanting. I wish it covered material earlier than the Hero Killer arc, even if it would be technically impossible to properly play as the main character. I wish the "what if" sections actually had some thought put into them and weren't just flavorless padding. I wish there were more than three in-engine cutscenes in favor of the stupid comic interludes. And I wish the villain mode didn't stretch things out so miserably. The mission mode is great fun and the arcade ladders have some amusing unique dialogue, so I don't know why the least thought was given to the core campaign.

At least the game lets you beat the shit out of Endeavor if you pre-ordered or got his DLC. That's worth the price of admission all on its own.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute