Elder Scrolls VI in pre-production

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Elder Scrolls VI in pre-production

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:08 am

TESVI is finally in pre-production, and I'm excited because I always felt like they might try Skyrim 2 since Skyrim has so many uniquely nord things like shouts that I couldn't see them dropping.

But the music's trumpets, like any of the good Elder Scrolls games, so I'm hyped back up. Also still expecting Akavir.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Re: Elder Scrolls VI in pre-production

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 am

Meh. This is nothing compared to Alexa Skyrim!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Malfeasinator » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:23 am

I don't think Akavir will be where you start off, but it's not unreasonable to believe you could go there.

You never know where the Dreamstride will take you. We could see the return of that. There might also be some Oblivion Gate shenanigans. Who knows, maybe Sheogorath will send you there for kicks.

If Bethesda keeps wanting to push this building crap mechanic like they have with Fallout and the new Elder Scrolls mobile app, then they might make you go to Akavir to build because things in Tamriel are bad.

I hope they don't go that route.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm

UGH they didn't tell us where we are. I need to know!!!!

Ok, officially betting pool here. (Dear US officials from a state that does not allow betting because of archaic laws, we aren't actually betting money. This is monopoly money. No one hear actually has money, anyway. Help us, we're poor.)

$1 for elsweyr
$2 for Hammerfell
$3 for Valenwood
$5 for Akavir
$2 for Black Marsh

I do not do good with waiting.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Malfeasinator » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:01 am

It could be Atmora. The continent may have thawed at long last. There might be this theme of a new Spring in an old land.

Some Nords might be trying to go back to their ancestral homelands and others of all the races may be there to homestead, explore, or plunder, while yet others still may be there to research ancient magic and uncover the mysteries of why the entire place was buried in ice.

Maybe there could be mysterious subterranean forces that have long slumbered, and are now awakening and threatening the world. Perhaps a forgetten Daedric Lord will emerge from its enchanted prison for the first time since the Mythic Era.

Tamriel might even start sending some of its prisoners there, like a Nirn version of Australia, and that could be how you arrive.

It could be anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm looking forward to being snobbishly dismissive of this one, in comparison to Bethesda's older titles.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Malfeasinator » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:I'm looking forward to being snobbishly dismissive of this one, in comparison to Bethesda's older titles.

Yeah, just play the older ones and that'll go away right quick. Nostalgia is a big fat frickin' liar.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep