You don't know what you've been missing...

What do you listen to?

You don't know what you've been missing...

Postby Arakiven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:14 pm

This is a thread for the kinds of music that is out of the 'norm' but you think is awesome anyway.

Growing up in Texas, I've been listening to country music all of my life. I hear it on the radio, in the store, at night when I'm home alone (someone help it's getting closer), there's no escaping it down here. However, I've always seen myself as more of a 'Supah Fly Hood Dog' and enjoy listening to rap, such as Vanilla Ice and McHammer. All my life I've been looking for a happy medium between the two, where I can listen to something I enjoy while still having people see me and say "Yep, he's country."
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found that medium. Say hello to Country Rap.
Spoiler: show

Warning, video contains muddy strippers.

That song really bridged the gap between what I like and what the people around me like. But maybe that doesn't work for you. Maybe you love to listen to rap, but your snobby rich grandparents only want you to listen to this that are more classical and jazzy. Don't worry, my friend. Because thanks to Richard Cheese, you can now bring the profound message of SirMixalot in a way that your grandparents will love.
Spoiler: show

This song sounds a lot dirtier than I remember...

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed tag to youtube=hidden
Arakiven
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: The Sayer of Things

Re: You don't know what you've been missing...

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed tag to youtube=hidden
Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:35 pm

This song must be listened to until the end for full effect. The lyrics start about a minute in if you aren't one for long intros.

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Fri May 01, 2015 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Fri May 01, 2015 8:00 am

Since this is a thread in the music forum if everyone could please remember to use the youtube=hidden tag. To do so:

Code: Select all
[youtube=hidden]Video URL[/youtube]

We don't have a button for it, so you'll need to add the =hidden part yourself. For more information please read this.

And I'd like to point out again that Spoilering pictures and videos does NOT help reduce page load times. It has no effect whatsoever.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 am

Dr. Ambiguous wrote:And I'd like to point out again that Spoilering pictures and videos does NOT help reduce page load times. It has no effect whatsoever.

I did not know that. I will hide my videos in this and all other music sharing threads.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:This song must be listened to until the end for full effect. The lyrics start about a minute in if you aren't one for long intros.

I had heard another version of that song before, but didn't recognize it until the end. The tune reminded me of this one, though:

Anyway, the song I originally wanted to put here was one I posted in the experimental thread awhile ago:

The only other songs I can think of to post here that wouldn't go in any other thread would be ambient music; here's a lighter song:

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:41 pm

country rap? bah, I give you Country Acid House

Last edited by Marcuse on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube=hidden
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby AboveGL » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Love the songs posted so far!

Raven's reminds me that Bellowhead is fitting for this thread.

And I'll throw in Bad Manners' cover of Black Night.

And last but not least, Pieces Of The people We Love. Tales From The Borderlands got me into this (as well as Jungle).

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep