Chilly Gonzalez' Pop Music Masterclass

What do you listen to?

Chilly Gonzalez' Pop Music Masterclass

Postby LaChaise » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:49 am

As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of Chilly Gonzalez. (By the way, his new album releases soon.)

He's been deconstructing some aspects of pop songs in an interesting way. I love how he finds the little details that can teach you something and make a song interesting even though it's not a good song at all.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6509204/chilly-gonzalez-chambers-interview

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Re: Chilly Gonzalez' Pop Music Masterclass

Postby Tuli » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Thanks, I actually watched all of those videos today! Wish there were more, very interesting and understandable even for a total musical ignoramus like myself. I feel it's kind of sad that I don't really know anything about the making of music despite loving listening to it so much.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Re: Chilly Gonzalez' Pop Music Masterclass

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:09 am

Chilly produced one of my all time favorite hip hop tracks, "From Time" by Drake and Jhene Aiko. I mean just listen to this:

I didn't know he was putting out a record soon, and I'm definitely going to be picking that up.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher