Music Festival Discoveries

What do you listen to?

Music Festival Discoveries

Postby cmsellers » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Since 2008, I've attended the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival every year except 2012 (when I was in Turkey).

Most years, I discover at least one artist who simply blows me away. Some of said artists include

Tracy Grammer

John Gorka

Susan Werner

Poor Old Shine/Parsonfield

Last year, for the first time, I went to two other music festivals.

One was the Green River Festival, which is practically in my backyard, but I'd never attended because I thought it was mostly pop music. A better term would probably alternative, since it has a wide variety of genres, none of them (thankfully!) modern pop. I discovered some artists I liked, and heard some I already knew (including Poor Old Shine), but I didn't discover any new acts who blew me away.

The other was the Rhythm and Roots Festival, which I attended mainly because Natalie McMaster and Jim Lauderdale would be there, and because they had cajun/zydeco music for dance music. I liked most of the acts, but two new ones in particular blew me away.

Chuck Mead and His Grassy Knoll Boys

Elizabeth Cook

Sadly, my schedule this year means that I'll likely be able to go back to the Green River Festival, but not to the Rhythm and Roots festivals.

How about you guys? Are there any music festivals you like to go to? Any awesome acts you discovered there?

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player