The METAL Thread

What do you listen to?

Re: The METAL Thread

Postby Taluun » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:35 pm

ShuaiGuy wrote:

A great compilation of the most metal songs you ever heard.

I have listened to that video way more than anyone probably should, I think i had it playing for 5 hours straight at least once when I was raiding.

Edit:

Now to actually contribute to the thread....

I think its tough to place them but its like Progressive Industrial Metal or something like that.

Last edited by Taluun on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby OhJohnNo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 pm

It's kinda like deathcore, except not shit.

Don't underrate, appreciate
OhJohnNo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Lord of the game

Postby Mr.FishFace » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:20 am

I found this song on Spotify after some time and was kinda surprised it was on there, but still a great song.

I was thinking of what my username and I thought, "Why not Zoidberg?"
Mr.FishFace
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Just Some Commenter

Postby OhJohnNo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:44 am

Holy fucking shit this is one of the best albums I've ever heard

OhJohnNo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby RedBearded » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:26 am

Everyday that passes I like BABYMETAL more and more.

BABYMETAL - Ijime,Dame,Zettai - Live at Sonisphere 2014,UK (OFFICIAL)

Redbearded-Joined:Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm
God-Joined:Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm
RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:06 am

Speaking of Babymetal, another Japanese band that actually has played together with Babymetal before...

X Japan!

This is the first song in like 20 years they have released and I am so excited for a possible tour following its release.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:06 am

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby OhJohnNo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:17 pm

OH GOD THIS RIFF

OhJohnNo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 am

BEHOLD! Piter Lauchy's list of awesome Metal bands in alphabetical order because I'm doing this with the help of my music library. I mostly won't bother with sub-genres becaue a) I don't give a shit about them and therefore b) I'm really bad with classifying them. I'll say a few words about each band, except when I think they're known well enough and I don't have anything to add.

After The Burial
One of the few extreme bands that I like. Amazing guitar work and the vocalist does both screaming and growling flawlessly.

Airbourne
Modern and harder AC/DC.

Alestorm
Pirate Metal. Pirate Metal. One of the funnest and party-able bands around.

Anterior
Face-melting riffs, superb licks, orgasmic solos. The shouter is a bit boring, but fits overall.

Perfect mix of melody and aggressiveness. Kinda simple riffing, but it definitely works.

Avenged Sevenfold
Don't judge me. Their second album is one of my all-time favourites.

Blind Guardian

Bullet For My Valentine
Don't judge me, part two. Their debut is the shit.

Children Of Bodom
The band that introduced me to screaming.

Dio

Dope
Kinda dumb, kinda bad, but really fun.

Dream Theater

Dry Kill Logic
The vocalist of this band of probably the one with the least technique I've ever heard. It's just pure, raw roaring. Their latest album even got a little melody. They never fail to get me pumped.

Gloryhammer
This is the most Power Metal Power Metal band out there. Not only do they fulfill each and every cliché there is, they even invent new ones. The lyrics alone are reason enough to believe there is a God. Pure delicious cheese.

Heaven Shall Burn
I don't know what it is about them that I like. Usually, music like theirs is way too samey and unmelodious for me. They seem to do something right.

Hurt
I've talked about them in this thread before, but it bears repeating how utterly fantastic they are. The feels, man. The feels.

In Flames
Unfortunately, they've gone to shit on their last few albums. Doesn't change the fact that some of theirs belongs to the best Metal ever recorded.

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Killswitch Engage
Only their stuff with Howard Jones. Jesse Leach is a great screamer, but his singing is yawn-inducing.

Knorkator
German band with German lyrics. Still including them because the music itself is really good, too. They're a humor band with really, really dumb and childish but nonetheless hilarious lyrics, so I don't know how well their music stands on its own. However, I'd consider the lyrics the most important part of Rammstein, and they're internationally popular anyway.

Korpiklaani
Mostly known for their party songs like Beer Beer, but all their stuff is great.

Limp Bizkit
Don't judge me, part th- ... you know what, fine. Go ahead, judge me. I know they're terrible. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the fuck out of their terribleness.

Lindemann
Side project of the Rammstein frontman Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtgren. Kinda eh, but I'm a fanboy, so what can I do?
No, seriously, they're not bad, but I can't help comparing them to Rammstein who are infinitely better.

Metallica
Unpopular opinion time: I actually think St. Anger is a fantastic album. I adore the raw energy and rage it conveys.

Bonus: My first band doing a terrible cover of No Leaf Clover (I'm the singer; don't worry, I've vastly improved since then):

Misery Signals
Somehow, this band manages to be heavy as shit and not aggressive at the same time. I find them incredibly calming. Maybe it's just me, though.

The Ocean
Complex, atmospheric, some may say pretentious.

Rammstein
My gateway drug to Metal, although at the time I didn't even know that such a genre exists.

Scars On Broadway
Side band of the guitarist and drummer of System Of A Down after they went on hiatus. Similar to SOAD, but more electronic aspects.

Serj Tankian
Frontman of System Of A Down and an absolute fucking legend.

Spineshank
Aggressive. Industrial. In your face.

Steel Panther
Hilariously over-the-top parody of 80s Glam Metal, with all the adrogyny and sexism you could wish for. The great thing is that they're actually all amazing musicians.

Stone Sour
I could never get into Slipknot, but Stone Sour is right up my alley.

Sylosis
These guys shred. They'll shred your balls/labia off. Sadly, they parted ways with one of the best vocalists I've ever heard after the first album, but man, that album was insanely good.

System Of A Down
If Rammstein was my gateway drug to Metal, these guys were the reason I fell in love with it and stayed. I still consider them to be one of the best bands that ever fucking existed, if not the best one. They don't have a single song I don't love the shit out of.

Tenacious D
It's funny how a comedic duo makes better music than 90% of the bands out there. Jack Black is a phenomenal Metal singer.

Tracedawn
I'm not sure what to say about them. They're young. They're Scandinavian. They're heavy. They're melodic.

Turisas
I don't like using the word because it's been said to death, but this band is epic. Orchestra, choirs, an amazing vocalist who can both growl and has a great bass voice. If you plan to go to battle on horse with a sword in your hand, this band is for you.

xSPONGEXCOREx
Spongebob with xBROOTALx riffs. Need I say more?

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby OhJohnNo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:52 am

The Ocean

Love that album. Just listened to it yesterday. Very cohesive and well-structured.

OhJohnNo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby A Warrior Bunny » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:10 pm

The Wall Street Journal on the global appeal of metal.

As of this post, the most recent comment is comparing metal to "(c)rap" and saying it isn't music. :roll:

!!! THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY BITTERNESS, DEPRESSION, AND ACUTE INTERNET EXPOSURE !!!
A Warrior Bunny
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: He Who Smirks

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:26 pm

BILL HALEY AND THE COMETS- La Cucaracha

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby OhJohnNo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Wrong thread?

OhJohnNo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:54 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:BILL HALEY AND THE COMETS- La Cucaracha

OhJohnNo wrote:Wrong thread?

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Piter Lauchy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:58 pm

I got myself the latest Iron Maiden album, The Book of Souls, only yesterday.
Man, is it good! They almost sound like they did in the 80s. You can hear Bruce struggling with the high notes, but considering he's 57 his vocals are still awesome.
It's also really impressive how the three really long songs never get boring, especially Empire of the Clouds which is 18 minutes long. Love the piano in that one!

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

PreviousNext