The METAL Thread

What do you listen to?

Re: The METAL Thread

Postby Piter Lauchy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Avatar released a new song, For the Swarm, and a new album will be following in May. Their 2014 album Hail the Apocalypse may be my album of that year.
For the Swarm unites everything I love about that band: playfulness, crazyness, in-your-face riffs.
I urge y'all to check them out.

HYPE

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby RedBearded » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:46 am

More BABYMETAL, there is no shame in my game, I love it.

The One-

Karate-

edit/

No rain, No rainbow-

Tales of the Destinies-

Redbearded-Joined:Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm
God-Joined:Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm
RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:54 pm

On the Babymetal note, I really like the YAVA! song.

Meta Taro was another surprise.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Recent albums or music I've bought:

Lurker of Chalice - Self Titled

This is a band I've been faintly aware of for a long time, but never bothered to buy. It's kind of depressing black metal, so it has some heavier doom influences in there too. I'm still getting into it, but it's an interesting listen and reminds me somewhat of The Ruins of Beverast.

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

A band that got a lot of underground buzz when they released this, Teitanblood play a kind of dirty old school death metal that focuses on the occult and weirdness more than the usual DM-gore fare. They're audibly different from technical DM bands in that they use elements you normally see in black metal like lo-fi production to produce a more claustrophobic effect.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby RedBearded » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:15 pm

BABYMETAL is on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight.

Edit/
I wish I could find a video of when he announced them at the beginning of the show. The audience reacted so loudly it startled Colbert.

Their appearance.

RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:48 am

So the band has always been very hit and miss for me but Akercocke released a new song apparently.

I like the start. and I like how it sounds starting around the 2:40 mark. The middle section I could do without I think.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Sat May 07, 2016 12:21 am

Holy shit, this album. I think I might have found my album of 2016 already.

Skuggsja - A Piece for Mind and Mirror

This is a collaboration between Wardruna and Enslaved. For those who don't know, Enslaved are black metal royalty, having made viking black metal since the early 90s, and have evolved significantly since then. Wardruna is a Norse inspired band from two ex-members of Gorgoroth (Ghaal and Kvitrafn) that focus on folk music and poetic themes.

The combination is possibly the best folk album, and the best metal album I've ever heard. It probably isn't for everyone, but it manages to conjure up the spirit of 1990s BM for me while being really listenable at the same time.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Sat May 07, 2016 1:26 am

That is absolutely fantastic Marcuse!

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 am

I am so sorry.

edit: might as well commit another sin:

alright, second edit, this was too good to pass up:

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Marcuse » Sun May 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Gonna let this music speak for itself:

Cybernetic Witchcult - Spaceous Cretaceous

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Taluun » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 am

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby RedBearded » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 am

Lake of Tears - The Path of The Gods

Lake of Tears - To Blossom Blue

Lake of Tears - So Fell Autumn Rain

Edguy - Forever

edit x2/added songs.

RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby RedBearded » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:07 am

Demons and Wizards - Fiddler on the Green

RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Stop everything! SOAD announced a new album! My hype is getting out of control!!!!!!!11111garblgarblgarbl

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:12 am

Two more things: Dope just released their new album, Blood Money Part 1, and it's kinda meh. There's the usual dumb, edgy, "Fuck you" metal, which is fine. That's why I enjoy the band. However, in most songs there are weird whiny melodical passages, some even with autotune. Still, there's some cool shit on there.
You can listen to the whole thing here.

Avenged Sevenfold sneakily dropped their new album, The Stage. I didn't have time to build up hype because it was first announced to be released in December, but maybe that's for the better. This way I listened to it without expectations, especially since the album before that, Hail to the King, was such a snorefest.
The Stage goes in a direction the band's never gone before. It's relatively Progressive and I needed a few listens before I got into it. All in all, it's a fantastic album. It's fantastic in a different way than their albums before, but you could say that about every one of their albums (except the aforementioned snorefest that is HttK). Also, they got Neil deGrasse Tyson to give a really cool speech at the end!
Listen here.

sidenote
It doesn't affect anyone else, but youtube and GEMA (Germany's infamous copyright protectors for music) finally got some kind of deal going (took them seven (!) years). I don't need proxies anymore just to find music on youtube! Wheeeeeeeeeee

Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext