RIP, Fats Domino

What do you listen to?

RIP, Fats Domino

Postby cmsellers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 am

Fats Domino just died.

Fun story about his life though: once he got rich, he refused to ever again leave New Orleans, because he couldn't get food he liked anywhere else.

Also, he was feared dead in Katrina and made it another twelve years and two presidents before passing on. Goodbye Fat Man. You've lived a long and productive life, but we'll miss you all the same.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Re: RIP, Fats Domino

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 am

cmsellers wrote:Fats Domino just died.

Ain't that a shame... May this man now rest in peace. Admittedly I haven't listened to Fats Domino much but I heard and enjoyed covers of his songs (and generally songs which were also sung by him but never had a chance to hear his cover) by people such as by Pat Boone. His name always popped up but I never really had time to grab and hold on, give him a go.

And now he is gone, so I miss my chance of ever hearing him live. But, I'll give his music a chance, because all good music is immortal. For as long as people still listen to his tunes and tap their feet to the beat ol' domino will never truly be gone.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: RIP, Fats Domino

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Elvis Presley himself said back in 1957: "Let's face it: I can't sing like Fats Domino can. I know that."

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep