Deadpool 2 Teaser

What have you been watching?

Deadpool 2 Teaser

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 am

Ryan Reynolds posted a video entitled "No Good Deed" on YouTube a few days back. It's apparently a teaser for Deadpool 2 -- even though it doesn't actually say Deadpool 2 at the end and has no release date, it is clearly the start of a marketing campaign.

All I want the Deadpool sequel to be is hilarious and fucked up, so this looks promising.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Re: Deadpool 2 Teaser

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:05 pm

They should just do Deadpool teasers every 8 or 9 months to keep people alive satisfied.

I mean that was perfect and it played before Logan so people were supposed to think the movie was beginning and instead of Logan its Wade under the hood. Just a great skit that was centered around one superhero trope.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Australia » Sun May 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Warning: Deadpool movies are comedies but I can’t not GBU a major superhero property, it’s been a tradition for, like, 10 movies/series and is literally the only reason I’ll see Aquaman so this review* is literally just going to be me misquoting jokes and thus will be much shorter than the Infinity War one which I can’t imagine anyone reading the whole way through. Long story short, just like the Bill and Ted movies, I think the two Deadpool films are as good as each other and if I was forced to pick a favourite, it’d come down to a coin toss (and I’m likely to watch both instalments at least annually. And there’s substantially more (spoiler) in one of them. And there’ll almost certainly be a third instalment. I honestly wasn’t expecting to find this much similarity in the franchises when I started this sentence. To think this was a long story short. It’s probably longer than my penis the rest of the review combined). The only reason Deadpool was in my top 3 of the year and DP2 likely won’t be is because of the overwhelming number of great movies I’ve seen this year. A few jokes don’t quite make the superhero landing but I can’t remember groaning at any of them. Anyway, onto the details of Pool and Dead’s most excellent adventure. *air guitar*

The Good
Right off the bat – the mid-credits scene is the best moment in the movie. “You’re in the big leagues now.”

Deadpool trying to top Logan by going through as many ‘last words’ moments as possible.

The X-Men gag was brilliant but practically all of the X-Force members dying, whilst dumber, was just hilarious.

Domino was great. Just cruising through everything because she knew nothing could happen to her.

Dopinder throwing a fit when they let Peter in X-Force for no reason.

I laughed so hard at the Brad Pitt cameo but my mum and brother didn’t notice it until his name showed up in the credits. I don’t know what they thought I was laughing at. To be fair, someone getting electrocuted is always hilarious. Green Mile anyone?

The callbacks, namely the cocaine buried in Blind Al’s apartment and Deadpool trying to recite Colossus’ four or five moments speech.

Juggernaut. Actually, all the villains were great. Well, not the orphanarium guys but action movies need Stormtroopers.

Deadpool’s interaction with Yukio was so simplistic but funny. Negasonic Teenage Warhead was nowhere near as cool or funny or impactful as the first one but Yukio made her worth it.

Deadpool doing the wavey-deflecty thing from Origins and getting riddled with bullets. Actually, he has a few Maxwell Smart style moments in this movie. There are at least two moments he could have said ‘missed it by that much’.

Heh. Baby dick.

The new Jurassic movie looks like the best since the first but I like the last one so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Also, Upgrade looks like ridiculous fun. And The Predator trailer was short but sweet. The twenty minutes of commercials I don’t care enough about to comment on.

“I’m Batman.”

“Do not go in there.”

“You stole that from Robocop.”

“Zip it, Thanos.”

“Give me a bow and arrow and I’m Hawkeye.”

Starring someone who obviously can’t share the spotlight
Directed by the guys who killed the dog in John Wick

I came home to find my footy team finally won their first game of the year. We’re off the bottom of the ladder, people.

The Bad
It’s hard to include anti-climactic moments in here because they were probably done for laughs and this is a comedy. So bad because I can’t pad this section out more.

I was really hoping this would literally be called Untitled Deadpool Sequel, especially considering the lack of creativity that ended up going into the title.

A self-destructive immortal was interesting to see but I’m glad it only lasted one act because there was a ten minute stretch there where the jokes were few and far between, which of course Deadpool later acknowledges with a get out of jail free joke.

The get out of jail free scene leaves a lot to be desired. He falls through a window with Cable. The end. What a jailbreak! Guardians, eat the remainder of your hearts out.

Firefist was a fun character and I like the kid from Hunt for the Wildepeople but I didn’t buy the fact that when Deadpool rescued him from the transport bus he still thought Wade didn’t care about him. I know he’s a kid teetering on the edge of sanity but why the damn else would he be there? It's Shrek 3 all over again.

Okay, the only major complaint I have with the movie was reversed (unless the reversal was non-canon, though I think the death was deliberately disconnected from the main plot to avoid major paradoxxing) for the next one but killing off Vanessa was, I dunno, unnecessary? Deadpool is not a movie that needs that kind of depth. Keep it shallow, stupid. The love story in the first one was told through humour and it worked. Telling it through tragedy just seemed to mess with the tone a little. But heaven exists in the X-Men franchise. That’s fun, though they could have made it look like the Wakanda afterlife. I’m guessing they’d stopped shooting when Black Panther came out. My point is was character growth really something anyone was clamouring for in a Deadpool movie? Or am I just doing that thing where I pad the Bad section of a good movie to appear neutral?

There were far too many Interview With A Vampire references than that movie deserves.

They made a ‘Martha’ joke in the movie so I couldn’t put it in my review like I tend to do because I’m a predictable hack.

“The sun’s getting real low” joke was already done better in Thor: Ragnarok with the actual Hulk.

It took this long for the team I support to win a game. And they wonder why I care more about movies than sports. I assume. I mean, I’m not on speaking terms with the captain but I assume that’s all the players talk about come half-time.

The Ugly
They’re making a Gotham prequel about Alfred. That doesn’t have anything to do with this movie but ‘Wade’s face’ seemed like an easy shot and this works as an homage to the unrelated superhero references throughout the movie. I mean it doesn’t now that I’ve commented on it but dammit, the Ugly section is supposed to be one sentence long, that’s what makes the gimmick funny. To me.

*I cut out 90% of the meta-review stuff because it got repetitive.
Obligatory ranking of the X-Meniverse would look something like this:

Logan
Days of Future Past
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
I don’t care about the rest but I guess First Class-2-Wolverine-1-Apocalypse-3 but I’ve only seen my top three multiple times so this is all guesswork and going from memory.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Absentia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:37 am

Just got out of the theater. My first reaction is that in the process of trying to be a lighthearted spoof, a badass action spectacle, AND sell so many serious emotional moments, they kind of lost the thread somewhere. Instead of being a send-up of overwrought superhero movies, it just is one.

That said, I didn't hate it. I'd pay to see a Domino movie, which I feel like was the real goal here. I laughed a few times despite the fact that they leaned a bit too hard on the self-referential humor. And I was definitely as excited as Wade to see the big guy make an appearance. I give it an overall B-.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Why the fuck are there two cuts of this movie for home release? Answer: $

You can't add good jokes and delete some at the same time. Who does that? 20th Century Fox, were you expecting Electronic Arts?

I hate to say it but I'm not buying a movie twice, at the time of release, to get all the jokes. I've already got a digital copy but I'm not picking up a physical version until it's like $5 a few years from now.

And by then there will hopefully be a corrected version because there are parts where jokes could have been left in and didn't need to be edited out.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh