What Should I Binge Watch Now?

What have you been watching?

Re: What Should I Binge Watch Now?

Postby skooma » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:21 am

Gah, I somehow failed to subscribe, many notes to make. Hannibal and Archer are both stuck in my weird flirting with the pilot phase, so may break through sometime; I started SoA and American Horror like 50 times over maybe a year, before they shot to the top of my list. The Freak Show season remains my fav btw, and I've been rewatching the whole thing with a friend who hadn't seen it.

Preacher, Kingdom, The Shield, and Narcos look definite for me, and so does Fringe, rare that I don't like J.J. Abrams; Netflix was always recommending it, I thought it was about getting rich selling weed? Something I hear enough about irl... I'm definitely checking Luke Cage out; I'd probably like it better if it wasn't superhero, but it doesn't appear to overplay that aspect. True Detective looks awesome, especially as Justified is doing something I would've sworn is impossible, making me like Southern stuff that isn't New Orleans, yay Elmore Leonard.

This is awesome guys, so much I had no clue of. Mr. Robot looks friggin fascinating, and The OA looks like my kind of thing too.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby tinyrick » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am

TheSyrupNugget wrote:My favourite sitcom at the moment is the VERY Canadian (specifically very Northern Ontario) Letterkenny. It's very Seinfeld-meets-Trailer Park Boys. Eminently quotable.

I second this. It's basically a show about Canadian hicks. Ever since I saw The Red Green Show on PBS as a kid, I've had this weird fascination with Canadian hicks. They're like our hicks, but different. Every bit as crude, but not nearly as stupid. And they got a funny sounding accent to boot.

The Seinfeld meets Trailer Park Boys is a pretty good description, but I'd add in Napoleon Dynamite to the mix. There's a whole lot of still shots and stiff acting, especially from Wayne.

Squirrely Dan is my favorite character. He's the fat bearded one in this clip.

If you like that clip, then hurry up and watch this thing. Pitter patter let's skidadder!

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 am

Black sails is not that bad. I find my self screaming "get back to pirate stuff" sometimes.

Blood drive is dumb grind house fun so far.

I also spent far too long trying to find "kennyletter" before I realized my mistake

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby TheSyrupNugget » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am

tinyrick wrote:
TheSyrupNugget wrote:My favourite sitcom at the moment is the VERY Canadian (specifically very Northern Ontario) Letterkenny. It's very Seinfeld-meets-Trailer Park Boys. Eminently quotable.

I second this. It's basically a show about Canadian hicks. Ever since I saw The Red Green Show on PBS as a kid, I've had this weird fascination with Canadian hicks. They're like our hicks, but different. Every bit as crude, but not nearly as stupid. And they got a funny sounding accent to boot.

The Seinfeld meets Trailer Park Boys is a pretty good description, but I'd add in Napoleon Dynamite to the mix. There's a whole lot of still shots and stiff acting, especially from Wayne.

Squirrely Dan is my favorite character. He's the fat bearded one in this clip.

If you like that clip, then hurry up and watch this thing. Pitter patter let's skidadder!

I actually grew up in the town the film the show in (As in, my childhood home is pretty much five or six minutes down the road from Wayne's house), and a couple girls I went to high school with have been extras on the show. It's just funny because the show is so painfully accurate about life in that part of the country, and in terms of how people there actually talk.

TheSyrupNugget
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Nugget of Syrup

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Kivutar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 pm

The first season of American Gods has aired, so I strongly recommend binging on that.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Krashlia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Kakegurui and Made in Abyss.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Voltron: Legendary Defender and Netflix's Castlevania.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Previous