The Unified Star Wars Thread

What have you been watching?

Re: The Unified Star Wars Thread

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 am

Marcuse wrote:I do wonder if it's just the Dark Side, and Luke has just got no way of dealing with it and thinks any kind of power necessarily leads there, given his experiences. Yoda was an old crank who was terrified of the Dark Side too, which would fit the brief, but I'm not sure if they're as directly aping Empire as I though.

I don't think it could be just the dark side, since Rey specifically mentions "light" and "dark" however the thing which freaks Luke out is the "something else".

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:02 am

I'm assuming the other thing is someone jacking her meditation-vision, more than anything else. Luke isn't shielded from the force like Dagobah is.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby Marcuse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 am

A Combustible Lemon wrote:I'm assuming the other thing is someone jacking her meditation-vision, more than anything else. Luke isn't shielded from the force like Dagobah is.

Late reply, but to an extent he must have been even if it's by distance. Otherwise Kylo could have just used the Force to find him. But then we have to remember that the whole thing of Yoda hiding on a planet steeped in the Dark Side was more or less a retcon to explain why, when if Force users could detect each other even at starship distances, why Vader didn't simply drive-by each likely world in turn and check it out using space magic.

Also, Princes William and Harry, and Tom Hardy, are billed as having bit parts in The Last Jedi as stormtroopers.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 am

oh, obviously it's a retcon. As far as I actually want to be true, yoda was there because it was a random uncolonised planet. I. E. He was a hermit.
I'm just saying if you're meditatively exploring and your mentor is stopping you, it's probably not "thing not meant to be known". Much more likely it's "someone's aware of you who shouldn't be"

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Darths and Droids have produced a bingo card for the film. (It's randomly generated each time you visit the page.)

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 am

20171210_182618.jpg
20171210_182618.jpg (312.61 KiB) Viewed 5627 times

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 am

for a bit of different but related fun-

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm probably way late to this party but while watching Revenge of the Sith for the 8246th time I noticed this:

Spoiler: show

It's right after the opening scene with all the space action, when Obi and Ani are being transported to Ani's glorious day with the politicians. That he deserves.

If the Han Solo movie doesn't address this then I will be disappointed.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Typical Michael » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm

It is possible that they could address it, but they may not really have to.

The Millenium Falcon is a YT-1300, manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, one of the most successful mass-produced ship they ever made, so they were all over the place. Used for cargo and passenger purposes, they were like intergalactic Mack trucks. They were pretty modular, so they wouldn't all necessarily look the same, but fairly similar. Depending on what the captain wanted to do with it.

The Falcon is also 100 years old or more at the end of Jedi, depending on whether you want to go with Canon or EU/Legend. With the 20 year gap between RoTS and ANH, Lando and Han Solo would more likely be swindling people out of their lunch money than tooling around Coruscant (Lando being about 5 years older than Han, maybe he was swindling on a somewhat higher level). The old girl had several owners before that.

Anyway, the Falcon, if it is the Falcon, gets around. Is what I'm sayin'.

They could make "The Millenium Falcon: A Star Wars Story", and I would watch it.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby DanteHoratio » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:36 am

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby Australia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:19 pm

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Typical Michael wrote:It is possible that they could address it, but they may not really have to.

The Millenium Falcon is a YT-1300, manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, one of the most successful mass-produced ship they ever made, so they were all over the place. Used for cargo and passenger purposes, they were like intergalactic Mack trucks. They were pretty modular, so they wouldn't all necessarily look the same, but fairly similar. Depending on what the captain wanted to do with it.

The Falcon is also 100 years old or more at the end of Jedi, depending on whether you want to go with Canon or EU/Legend. With the 20 year gap between RoTS and ANH, Lando and Han Solo would more likely be swindling people out of their lunch money than tooling around Coruscant (Lando being about 5 years older than Han, maybe he was swindling on a somewhat higher level). The old girl had several owners before that.

Anyway, the Falcon, if it is the Falcon, gets around. Is what I'm sayin'.

They could make "The Millenium Falcon: A Star Wars Story", and I would watch it.

Wonder if this is legit?

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 pm

What is odd about that is that the YT-1300s were also used as tugs/pushers for larger freight and cargo ships, and that doesn't have the notch it should at the front for that. So that is a plot-point they are going to need to explain.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby Marcuse » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Typical Michael wrote:What is odd about that is that the YT-1300s were also used as tugs/pushers for larger freight and cargo ships, and that doesn't have the notch it should at the front for that. So that is a plot-point they are going to need to explain.

Spoiler: show
Lol the Last Jedi won't explain who the Emperor is, you think they're going to spare a single thought for why their Lego YT-1300 doesn't have a groove at the front?

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm

This is almost well edited enough to be a good short by itself.

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

PreviousNext